The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I burned out fast this league. Didn't really even make it to endgame b/c the main league feature is not fun. Too random, too clunky, not rewarding. While it was nice that spells were different and new, I just don't like playing a hardspellcaster. Divine Ire is OP, but so fucking boring. I like melee and projectile/instant cast spells even if they are dots/soulrend type stuff.

Soulrend cats is still the best thing ever, but I don't have the heart to actually progress this league so I'm not really going to play until next time. That's ok though.
    BAD WOLF

Some I've got a couple questions again, if anyone can help. I'm on PS4 ... I was just in the memory map, and was able to construct a path to a node that had some special treasure in it or something? I get to that spot, kill a bunch of guys, and get to this "end" spot, I think? Where there was some special treasure boxes with good stuff in it. I opened up all the treasure, and all the items ended up being behind a message that says "Push this thingie to go to the memory map" .... and I couldn't actually pick up any of the stuff, because it was under that text window, and all I could do is go to the memory map. I guess it's a problem I have in general ... if I'm standing on a pile of loot, it's really hard to pick up specific things. The "push X" to pick up thingy seems to just randomly move around. Are you supposed to just walk in circles over and over until it highlights the loot you want?

Also, it doesn't appear you can use town portal in the memory map. Is the only way out to walk all the way back to the waypoint?
    Finally, I can't figure out the synthesier thing. I tried putting 3 of the same type of things in it, but nothing happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Also, it doesn't appear you can use town portal in the memory map. Is the only way out to walk all the way back to the waypoint?
    Finally, I can't figure out the synthesier thing. I tried putting 3 of the same type of things in it, but nothing happened.
    You can use the D-pad to swap between specific pieces of loot... but it’s still a bit of a shitshow. I’m enjoying PoPs4, but targeting is genuinely infuriating at times...

You can’t portal out directly from memory map, but you CAN return to the nexus, where there is somewhere to sell trash, and a stash. So unless you want to buy something very specific and vital, you can probably handle it from the nexus.

Yeah... synthesiser is shite. From what I can tell, it has to be three of the EXACT same type of item. So you can’t just drop in three weapons, it has to be three 1h axes, or three Staffs. Same for armour... it HAS to be three armour shields, or three dodge shields. You can’t just throw them all in.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You can use the D-pad to swap between specific pieces of loot... but it’s still a bit of a shitshow. I’m enjoying PoPs4, but targeting is genuinely infuriating at times...

You can’t portal out directly from memory map, but you CAN return to the nexus, where there is somewhere to sell trash, and a stash. So unless you want to buy something very specific and vital, you can probably handle it from the nexus.

Yeah... synthesiser is shite. From what I can tell, it has to be three of the EXACT same type of item. So you can’t just drop in three weapons, it has to be three 1h axes, or three Staffs. Same for armour... it HAS to be three armour shields, or three dodge shields. You can’t just throw them all in.
    The D-Pad? Isn't that all mapped to full screen map and potions? Is there an easy way to port right to the nexus from anywhere in the memory map?

Right thumbstick is used to cycle through loot, and that's dependent where your characters and the items location is, and sometimes something else. It's a real bitch sometimes.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    The D-Pad? Isn't that all mapped to full screen map and potions? Is there an easy way to port right to the nexus from anywhere in the memory map?
    Yeah, it is sorry. I meant right stick! It’s pretty finicky though, you WILL find yourself dancing around like a spaz, trying to highlight the right piece of loot. On the plus side, it seems to highlight higher quality loot first. Which is nice.

And nope, sorry! Gotta get to an exit.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

In Synthesis, we performed an extensive rebalance of Spellcasting throughout Path of Exile. A lot of this work focused on a numerical rebalance of most skills.

We have indicated that the June 3.7.0 expansion contains a similar rebalance of Melee skills, and while we certainly do intend to numerically adjust them to make sure they're viable, the actual scope of Melee changes planned is a lot larger than we have indicated so far.

Players from other Action RPGs have occasionally criticised Path of Exile's melee combat for being "clunky", especially early on before players get a lot of attack speed. We are making various experimental changes to the animation system that should help resolve these concerns and really tighten up the feel of melee combat.

In addition to animation system improvements and melee skill rebalances, we are experimenting with changes to systems such as accuracy, melee splash, leech, fortify, various Ascendancy classes, the passive tree, hit/miss feedback, melee base types, movement skills and melee damage availability on items.

This post has been intentionally light on specific details because all of the above potential changes are ongoing experiments that evolve as we try new stuff. We'll post more information in the news over the coming weeks (with the majority of it after 3.7.0's announcement in May). We are very excited about these changes and look forward to sharing more information with you.

Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2486771

Betrayal Loading Lag

In the Betrayal league content, there are 17 members of the Immortal Syndicate who can appear in areas that you play through. As with all other content in Path of Exile, it's important that the game assets for these enemies are loaded before you encounter them, otherwise your client will have to load them synchronously, which stalls it for a period of time.

Because multiple Betrayal encounters occur in an area, and the results of one encounter can affect which Syndicate members spawn in the subsequent encounters, it's not possible to know in advance which specific Syndicate members need to be loaded, so we have to preload all of them.

On most users' machines, this preloading is complete before any Syndicate members are encountered in the area, with no performance impact. However, on slower machines or ones with platter-based hard drives, preloading can take so long that the right enemy isn't loaded before it is encountered. This causes a big stall in the middle of combat, which is unacceptable.

In a patch in the next week or so, we will flag these monsters as being mandatory to load during the load screen of the area, which will prevent any such freezes (but will somewhat increase load times for these areas).

Later this year, we expect to deploy the asset loading optimisations that we are using on consoles which will make platter-based hard drives much faster and will improve loading speed in general.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2486715

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, sounds like they’re going all out for this Melee rework. Fingers crossed they fix some of my favourite skills, (Static Strike, Vigilant Strike, Double Strike) so I can play my standard immortal Melee class still!

Looking forward to the updates. Hopefully it won't crush my aurabot (dominating blow) or molten strike jug builds, I like those.

Damn, sounds like they’re going all out for this Melee rework. Fingers crossed they fix some of my favourite skills, (Static Strike, Vigilant Strike, Double Strike) so I can play my standard immortal Melee class still!
    Cyclone being a channeled spell is an interesting change... opens up some CWC builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Cyclone being a channeled spell is an interesting change... opens up some CWC builds.
    Borderline meme level build. People have been begging for channeled Cyclone for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Looking forward to the updates. Hopefully it won't crush my aurabot (dominating blow) or molten strike jug builds, I like those.
    They’d not break Molten Strike. That’s been a staple attack for YEARS, they’d face rebellion if they ruined it.

They’d not break Molten Strike. That’s been a staple attack for YEARS, they’d face rebellion if they ruined it.
    Yeah. I can see them potentially toning it down a bit so it's a bit less versatile, at the very least, but as long as I can continue to face tank things while hitting them with my balls I'm happy : 3

Yeah. I can see them potentially toning it down a bit so it's a bit less versatile, at the very least, but as long as I can continue to face tank things while hitting them with my balls I'm happy : 3
    They have already toned it down, the cost of reaching levels of stupid is insanely high compared to before.

Dual Wildfires + helm enchant was a joke so, its pretty balanced now with the less balls, i doubt they will touch it, they might even buff it with animation speeds etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    GIGITTY!

But yeah, it might be a LITTLE too good... but honestly, I’d rather see them bring everything else up to MS’ level, rather than “adjust” MS downwards.

Fingers crossed!

So I finally finished up act 10. So is filling out the map the new endgame objective? I have a few maps already and am running them, and there is also Nexus too. Just wondering if we need to ever go back to acts 1-10 again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    So I finally finished up act 10. So is filling out the map the new endgame objective? I have a few maps already and am running them, and there is also Nexus too. Just wondering if we need to ever go back to acts 1-10 again?
    For some prophecies maybe if you didn't want to waste silver coins sealing them.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Not really. Now you run maps until the end of days trying to get higher up in your atlas.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

One other question, with the Item Rarity, does that include chests and drops from bosses as well as from mobs? I am trying to increase my chances of Unique items

Item Rarity is a troll stat, Item Quantity is much more efficient modifier to find loot.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

So I'm giving this game another shot. Rolled a Witch, following the synthesis top build (Elementalist). Currently just got to act 2.

1. Should I bother using these chromatic orbs / armoursmith / random armor upgrades or save those for when I reach endgame?

2. What are these memory fragments scattered around? Are they intended for high-level characters only? I can't seem to complete any of them so far.

3. Is there any sort of transmog in this game? I know you can buy appearances in the shop, but are their cosmetic rewards you can earn in game?

4. Why are shop cosmetics so damn expensive? I get that they're cosmetics, but these are almost all at least triple the price of most cosmetics in other games like WoW / Warframe.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-04-22 at 03:38 PM.