10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Honestly. I tried looking for hc specs too, but gave up. I may try your suggestion some time with switching dw spec offhand to shield.
    Last season I ran a fairly fun Double Strike Gladiator with SnB and that worked fairly well. This season I'm running my "3B Glad" using THIS Build. The basic idea being to Block cap, and use Blood Nova to stack bleeds AoE, then let Bleedsplosion cause havoc.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

yaaaa Delve level 45. Newb level I know but my first time that deep.

Man gotta love that Cold resist. If I did this a few months ago who knows how far I would have made it in the Synth league >.<

Killed Shaper for the first time, got Dying Sun. I really want Starforge, obviously. He isn't really that hard tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Killed Shaper for the first time, got Dying Sun. I really want Starforge, obviously. He isn't really that hard tbh.
    Neither Shaper nor Elder in their "normal" form are extremely hard. Uber Elder on the other hand is, because you have to deal with both at the same time and their mechanics. Besides the Bullethell and the intermission phases where you have to find a mob to escape from at the end, everything is present.

Depending on rolls, your dying sun might be worth something still, if you aren't playing SSF that is.

End goal should be a multicrafted Elder Exquisite blade with Fortify on it and probably Hits cant be evaded imo. That frees up the fortify support gem, if you use one that is.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Neither Shaper nor Elder in their "normal" form are extremely hard. Uber Elder on the other hand is, because you have to deal with both at the same time and their mechanics. Besides the Bullethell and the intermission phases where you have to find a mob to escape from at the end, everything is present.

Depending on rolls, your dying sun might be worth something still, if you aren't playing SSF that is.

End goal should be a multicrafted Elder Exquisite blade with Fortify on it and probably Hits cant be evaded imo. That frees up the fortify support gem, if you use one that is.
    Uber Elder looks ridiculous. I managed to kill Elder in another league, and I'd say he was harder than Shaper, but both of them together sounds nuts. I honestly don't know if I could do it.

The trade macro gave me 35ish Chaos for the Dying Sun, so I could sell it. But I've found a total of 3 Exalts and 2 six-link uniques already so I'm doing pretty good on cash, so I'll probably just hang on to it.

I do use Fortify, but I don't know squat about crafting. I'll probably have to look into it. Thanks for the tips.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-06-16 at 10:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve started to think this is the worse league we have had in a while. The pillars don’t add much to the game and the emblem fights are just rather lame. Sure here seems to be less bugs then the more complicated leagues but it’s also just not fun.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’ve started to think this is the worse league we have had in a while. The pillars don’t add much to the game and the emblem fights are just rather lame. Sure here seems to be less bugs then the more complicated leagues but it’s also just not fun.
    Not sure if trolling or not...but I have to disagree. This league is a blast compared to synthesis (for me at least). I find myself wanting to play constantly, as compared to last league which I felt was overwhelming with complexity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slykila View Post
    Not sure if trolling or not...but I have to disagree. This league is a blast compared to synthesis (for me at least). I find myself wanting to play constantly, as compared to last league which I felt was overwhelming with complexity
    Not trolling I just find adding a few extra mobs to map to be incredibly dull. The emblems are then also just a loot rush which feels like it adds nothing to the game.

Synthesis while it had problems had a lot more going for it with the nexus feeling like a second atlas you had control over. This just seems like a step down in every way compared to the other leagues. Even bestiary while not adding much to mapping had a lot of fun crafting things you could do.

What's funny is that there were a ton of people in Synthesis who were saying they just wanted a simple league again, and those people are happy, but now other people are unhappy because it's too simple. You're just never going to satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. But I'm having a blast. I can't put the game down, all I want to do is some Uber Elder attempts now.

Between Incursions, Betrayal mechanics, Delving, mapping and everything else, I think one problem this game doesn't have is not enough stuff to add to the game.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-06-17 at 03:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    What's funny is that there were a ton of people in Synthesis who were saying they just wanted a simple league again, and those people are happy, but now other people are unhappy because it's too simple. You're just never going to satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. But I'm having a blast. I can't put the game down, all I want to do is some Uber Elder attempts now.

Between Incursions, Betrayal mechanics, Delving, mapping and everything else, I think one problem this game doesn't have is not enough stuff to add to the game.
    To be clear I don’t think the game is lacking in things to do I’m still enjoying the mines and even the vall temples, it’s just the pillars and emblem’s that seem super weak Compared to every other league we have got recently.

I gotta say, I am rather underwhelmed with the league too. The Legion pilliars are fun after you hit level 10 and you have abilities that can really reach out and release a lot of the mobs, but other than a few Uniques and Incubators, I have not really found anything meaty. The pilliars are a nice way of grabbing extra XP while leveling but that is all I see to them.

Have any of you done one of the time travels yet? I have done about 100 of these events and only have 50 shards of all types. At 100 per time travel...... I dont expect to see one for about another 2 weeks or so.

Man, I probably fucked up with my first character, realizing I need too much specific gear to make the solo-aurabot work : /

Kinda wanna find some face tanky silly melee build to zip around with now so I can actually map decently and farm some gear/currency. Frustrating being stuck on low tier maps since I'm missing so many key pieces of gear and need about 20ish Regrets to move points around for my final build.

Also, the crashes/lag spikes are freakin killing me. Still randomly crashing to desktop with no error message or anything, updating GPU drivers didn't fix it. It's really killing my interest to play since I've lost out on so much crap due to crashes : /

My only complaint about the league Mechanic is, on-kill effects work fine for those ED/Contagiontards, but for everyone else it doesn't. My AOE on my Slayer doesn't get bigger knocking them out of stasis and that would really be kind of fucking handy.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I gotta say, I am rather underwhelmed with the league too. The Legion pilliars are fun after you hit level 10 and you have abilities that can really reach out and release a lot of the mobs, but other than a few Uniques and Incubators, I have not really found anything meaty. The pilliars are a nice way of grabbing extra XP while leveling but that is all I see to them.

Have any of you done one of the time travels yet? I have done about 100 of these events and only have 50 shards of all types. At 100 per time travel...... I dont expect to see one for about another 2 weeks or so.
    I have a high 80s Ice Crash Jugg and i love them. I have done a handful of army battles and for the most part find them super fun. My biggest complaint is the times i go one direction on a monolith and all the rewards are on the other side, and i dont quite offscreen everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    My only complaint about the league Mechanic is, on-kill effects work fine for those ED/Contagiontards, but for everyone else it doesn't. My AOE on my Slayer doesn't get bigger knocking them out of stasis and that would really be kind of fucking handy.
    This is a known bug that Bex said they are investigating on Reddit.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Done the 4 Faction fight already. Haven't skipped any encounters since level 5 or so. Currently hoping for enough templar spawns to do the 5 faction fight.
    If you truly only have 50~ shards of any type, then you aren't killing the right things during the "breakout". Captains (Rare mobs) usually have a higher chance to drop splinters, aswell as Generals (Unique mobs) that can appear and are standing at the very last line of their faction. Keep an eye out for the chests and mobs with symbols above their head, which usually all drop splinters most of the time plus their extra loot.

Could also be that you are just unlucky with certain spawns. For me Templar and Maraketh have the worst spawn and droprates, while I have around 3 or 4 of each stones for the other 3 factions.

Also, why the hell are people underwhelmed with the league? It is LITERALLY Breach 3.0. Abyss was Breach 2.0. I for one welcome the change from a "complex" league to simply just killing stuff during an event that I have control over instead of having a complicated crafting system with recipes that are completely unknown and needed a datamining website to actually find out what kind of items I need to get the affixes I wanted onto my items.

I've also gotten quite a few good items off of it. Especially certain prophecies for pale council and other stuff that I either sold to people or kept for my own uses.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    why the hell are people underwhelmed with the league? It is LITERALLY Breach 3.0. Abyss was Breach 2.0. I for one welcome the change from a "complex" league to simply just killing stuff during an event that I have control over instead of having a complicated crafting system with recipes that are completely unknown and needed a datamining website to actually find out what kind of items I need to get the affixes I wanted onto my items.
    For me atleast breach is really low on league rankings, abyss is a bit higher mainly because of the lack of splinters. Legion seems worse even abyss ever did and after great leagues like incursion and betrayal it just feels so hollow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524361

Anyone tried a build like this? Thinking of creating an alt for this, never played a build like this and it seems pretty functional on a budget (only like 30 chaos on my main character to spend) but it looks like it should be a good farming character while I rebuild my aurabot. Facebreaker cyclone looks kinda fun, though I'm still looking for a budget build that will let me facetank shit since I'm bad at avoiding mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, the crashes/lag spikes are freakin killing me. Still randomly crashing to desktop with no error message or anything, updating GPU drivers didn't fix it. It's really killing my interest to play since I've lost out on so much crap due to crashes : /
    yeah finally starting to get them myself and ALWAYS when is a Delve. FREEZE then BOOM dead as 45 mobs surround my body

Maybe once or twice in Maps but I am only starting out on those and up to Tier 3 so while bad it is not soo bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I have a high 80s Ice Crash Jugg and i love them. I have done a handful of army battles and for the most part find them super fun. My biggest complaint is the times i go one direction on a monolith and all the rewards are on the other side, and i dont quite offscreen everything.
    yep had that happen to. blast through mobs and then start running back to see all the goodies and chests disappear. Now I gotta clean up 45ish mobs and get crap for it

- - - Updated - - -

I try every so often and I just cant get into the Melee builds....

I LOVE having my undead army to just plow through shit. I am trying a Templar now but I just dont feel it.

yeah finally starting to get them myself and ALWAYS when is a Delve. FREEZE then BOOM dead as 45 mobs surround my body

Maybe once or twice in Maps but I am only starting out on those and up to Tier 3 so while bad it is not soo bad
    Thankfully the crashes don't seem to kill me, but damn if I haven't been hit by at least a dozen or so random spikes (can't tell if they're my computer, the game, or my internet...but it shouldn't be the computer/internet) leading to me getting rekt with a few dozen mobs hits all registering at once. Supremely frustrating, as my brother has had little to no issue with this league so far. His only crashes are when e play together and I crash, and he's only hit a handful of other spikes. So if nothing else, at least the issues aren't super widespread : /

I just did the 4 way one, about halfway to getting enough for a 5 way. But I've been playing a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524361

Anyone tried a build like this? Thinking of creating an alt for this, never played a build like this and it seems pretty functional on a budget (only like 30 chaos on my main character to spend) but it looks like it should be a good farming character while I rebuild my aurabot. Facebreaker cyclone looks kinda fun, though I'm still looking for a budget build that will let me facetank shit since I'm bad at avoiding mechanics.
    Cyclone is like the perfect skill for not being good at dodging mechanics, which I'm also kind of bad. Because you can just swirl around randomly and you'll miss 95% of the attacks. So I say go for it on that tank cyclone.