I am skeptic about the boss buffs. I mean i know power creep is a thing, but i don't really like how the whole game is about speed and efficiency (which is just the staple of any other APRG) but then you have offscreen oneshots, convoluted bosses and so on. I'm not saying bosses should be a zerg but actually strictured stuff and not just clusters of mechanics that can all happen at the same time.

Still wondering how Drox is so painful to beat.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I can say running the same map multiple times in a row has done nothing for me. I've already tried that, and some maps I ran 4-6 in a row.

I'm positive I've done more than 3 in a region, just due to the sheer number of maps I've ran, and I'm pretty sure that I've done more than 3 in a row in a single region.
    In a region, or in the region influenced by the Conqueror?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I've only seen 2 Watchstones thus far. However, they were from the same boss, the Templar with the square holy symbols, though I couldn't tell you what map or region I ran for these. I'll go back and try to focus on a single corner region; hopefully I don't run out of maps before something happens.
    Horizon and Harbinger orbs can only roll into base versions of maps, not into shaped versions. If you send your Horizon and Harbinger orbs into T4-T6 maps you are very likely to get a map from a corner region.

But yeah if you've only released Baran you'll need to clear the other corners to release them and get more Watchstones, you cannot progress without earning the other Conquerors' watchstones as you won't be able to spawn Baran without one after you break him out of his current zone. You need progressively higher level zones to spawn Influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I am skeptic about the boss buffs. I mean i know power creep is a thing, but i don't really like how the whole game is about speed and efficiency (which is just the staple of any other APRG) but then you have offscreen oneshots, convoluted bosses and so on. I'm not saying bosses should be a zerg but actually strictured stuff and not just clusters of mechanics that can all happen at the same time.

Drox's banners have both the immunity aura, and they're also sending him charges that will reduce his damage taken (the purple orbs surrounding him). If you want to deal decent damage you need to destroy all of them. It's a pretty junk mechanic tbh.

I don't dislike the fight but it just takes so long. Endurance fights are lame. I'm playing Frost Blades so my incidental cleave on the banners is quite good, but it's just too much.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2019-12-29 at 06:52 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Is that the earth dude with the fists? If so, fuck that fight. It's not hard, it's just annoying as shit.

Most of the bosses don't really feel "difficult", but rather annoying and tedious. And I've been dying to way too much offscreen shit with meta bosses in maps specifically that I'm legit getting tired of this league already, between that and my continued frustrations mapping.

Seriously, their map changes initially sounded amazing but despite plowing tons of time into the game (4+ days played on my league character) I'm still struggling through maps and running into all kinds of headaches. Part of it is playing a dodge character for the first time which means I die more often, but I would be fine with that as long as I felt like I was making some sort of atlas progress...but alas I'm still stuck at T10-12 because I can barely get any fucking maps to drop and I'm not looking forward to playing god-damn stupid, annoying watcher-bingo moving those orbs around to keep progressing. It legit makes me not want to even play or level alts, and I've finally got a solid start with a strong first character (1M+ PoB dps which ain't bad) and plenty of currency to play with.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I actually think the 4 conquerors are really well designed with innocence being my reference for what I think a perfect boss is. All of them have audio que’s for there attacks so you know what they are gonna do before they do it, none of them seem to have huge one shot mechanics, all of them seem to have enough leeway that even without good sustain you can stay in the fight just by dodging.

Unless they get way harder once you have all the stones non stand out as poorly designed to me though none get to innocence levels of fun to fight.

I’ve also yet to get to the boss past them which I hear is a cluster fuck.

Funny, this is the first time I've actually liked mapping lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I actually think the 4 conquerors are really well designed with innocence being my reference for what I think a perfect boss is. All of them have audio que’s for there attacks so you know what they are gonna do before they do it, none of them seem to have huge one shot mechanics, all of them seem to have enough leeway that even without good sustain you can stay in the fight just by dodging.

Unless they get way harder once you have all the stones non stand out as poorly designed to me though none get to innocence levels of fun to fight.

I’ve also yet to get to the boss past them which I hear is a cluster fuck.
    The main changes are:
    Drox gets more HP (as you'd expect) and he gets quite a bit tougher, making the fight last forever.
    Veritania's blizzard safezone becomes smaller, and in the last phase, she'll actually stay inside her blizzard a lot of the time, making it impossible to read her visual tells.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Some builds were utterly OP so they buffed bosses. But now anything that isn't utterly OP feels like complete dogshit.
    I wanted to get away from my summoner so I made a Puncture Champion (I like being tanky since I die as lot as a noob). After spending 5+ minutes boss I deleted the character and went back to my summoner for a bit, before getting bored again and just shelving the game for the rest of the league.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Some builds were utterly OP so they buffed bosses. But now anything that isn't utterly OP feels like complete dogshit.
    I wanted to get away from my summoner so I made a Puncture Champion (I like being tanky since I die as lot as a noob). After spending 5+ minutes boss I deleted the character and went back to my summoner for a bit, before getting bored again and just shelving the game for the rest of the league.
    I know Mathil's had a lot of success as a Puncture Gladiator; maybe worth thinking about.

I don't agree with this at all, I played a wild strike raider to start out SSF-ish and the *only* issue that character had was that I wasn't stacking up defenses on it but the damage was fine and its not meta at all. I got bored and swapped to a cyclone ascendant still SSF which is also not meta and a weaker ascendancy choice and again I'm not having issues.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Another game where devs cater to the top 1% of vocal community / streamers who wanted a "dark souls" experience where bosses take ages and you need to dodge everything perfectly or die.

Would be fine if they just buffed bosses but they also nerfed player power along the way, by heavily nerfing multicrafting and straight out removing some powerful mods from chests and weapons.

Basically the only thing that does good damage on a budget are Necros (but specters and zombies constantly die on awakener so you kinda default to skeletons, dunno if srs can hold their ground too) and Sabos with mines.

Vast majority of specs struggle to either get enough damage or enough survivability to not be constantly 1-shot by metamorphs, and that without spending an arm and a leg. I'd swear deadeye for example is completely unplayable unless you only wanna farm low tier maps or you don't mind dying every map. But yeah "bow league" btw.

People who claim "they don't have any problems" I wanna see them killing metamorphs on t16 maps and let's see their gear. 100% it's either very min maxed, or they'll be constantly dying, or they play one of the few "meta" specs. Or they just stop around t12 max and say "my build clears so fast I have no idea what are you on about".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I know Mathil's had a lot of success as a Puncture Gladiator; maybe worth thinking about.
    Mathil always invests a lot into his characters, I've seen people try "Mathil's builds" and unable to succeed because they neither have Mathil's skill nor currency to copy his crafts. He probably makes more currency in 2-3 weeks of focusing on a build than an average casual player makes across the whole league.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is that the earth dude with the fists? If so, fuck that fight. It's not hard, it's just annoying as shit.

Most of the bosses don't really feel "difficult", but rather annoying and tedious. And I've been dying to way too much offscreen shit with meta bosses in maps specifically that I'm legit getting tired of this league already, between that and my continued frustrations mapping.

Seriously, their map changes initially sounded amazing but despite plowing tons of time into the game (4+ days played on my league character) I'm still struggling through maps and running into all kinds of headaches. Part of it is playing a dodge character for the first time which means I die more often, but I would be fine with that as long as I felt like I was making some sort of atlas progress...but alas I'm still stuck at T10-12 because I can barely get any fucking maps to drop and I'm not looking forward to playing god-damn stupid, annoying watcher-bingo moving those orbs around to keep progressing. It legit makes me not want to even play or level alts, and I've finally got a solid start with a strong first character (1M+ PoB dps which ain't bad) and plenty of currency to play with.
    I actually agree with this. It seems like a lot of Meta bosses just teleport to you and do a massive hit. There's no telegraph, no warning, as far as I can tell. And you either absorb it because your build has enough HP or defenses, or you get one sot.

After doing a bit more mapping myself, I'm actually finding that I'm in agreement with you, Edge. Not necessarily because the information on how to progress can't be found, but because the progress itself is annoying.

And here I am flooded with maps and enjoying the tougher bosses outside the insta splats.

But I’m the minority that wants the game slowed down.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The main changes are:
    Drox gets more HP (as you'd expect) and he gets quite a bit tougher, making the fight last forever.
    Veritania's blizzard safezone becomes smaller, and in the last phase, she'll actually stay inside her blizzard a lot of the time, making it impossible to read her visual tells.
    Drox seemed like the most annoying of the lot and is the only one I’ve yet to die to he pretty much does nothing but doesn’t die so I can see how he’d be annoyingly long.

Veritania is one of the best with audio tells and the last two or so kills I’ve had on her she’s been in the snow most the time so it seems like the only real difference would be the smaller area.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'd be super down with a slower paced league in no small part because it would open up a ton more builds that aren't all designed around going as fast as possible. That and more interesting mechanics than "GET OUT OF THIS ONE THING IMMEDIATELY OR YOU DIE" etc.

I'd be super down with a slower paced league in no small part because it would open up a ton more builds that aren't all designed around going as fast as possible. That and more interesting mechanics than "GET OUT OF THIS ONE THING IMMEDIATELY OR YOU DIE" etc.
    Yeah, I'm definitely not saying it's perfect. But personally, I'm seeing moves from bosses that usually died in moments.

I also built around it being a boss league and went hard into a Armageddon Brand Chieftain with an ignite focus. I just run in circles and win. I do understand being bummed that your build/fav skill isn't performing: I LOVE Wild Strike but I've never been able to get it to work well. This is definitely not the league to try it again.

My biggest gripe is the same every league: the new mechanics always, always fuck up my frames and it's super annoying. Like I can run blight maps now where I couldn't at all last season.

Future of the game looks good, but everything is filler while I await shapeshifting fun times.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2019-12-29 at 08:21 PM.

And here I am flooded with maps and enjoying the tougher bosses outside the insta splats.

There's dozens of us, dozens!

Honestly I hope / imagine that's what D4 will be for us. As much as I'd like to see this game significantly slowed down I don't think they should as it would alienate the player base who likes the game for what it is.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Man...I'm just really not liking this new mapping system. Losing interest in my spectral throw character and kinda want to build another, but I just don't want to deal with it. I even loaded up my old silly tectonic slam jug and apparently you need to deal with the progression bullshit there too. I already did my maps and cleared my atlas, I don't want to spend hours wasting time on low tier maps (since apparently running higher tier versions doesn't do anything) just to get my atlas back to where it fucking should be already.

I went into this league mad hyped about all the changes, especially atlas changes, and played super hard early on...but either I burnt myself out or I just really don't like the mapping system updates. Curious to how they'll change it when they're back from break, if at all, but if it stays mostly as-is I'll likely sit out until the next league before trying again. I can't believe that the changes actually managed to kill my interest in the game, and I'm not even a speed-demon.

I would really welcome a slower game because ti inherently makes way more builds viable. Point is, scaling is just way too strong and if you have the means to zerg stuff, you will be zerging stuff.

I just don't think making fights more annoying is going to do any good. I like challenge but we all know ARPGs are not made for challenges. I think i'll just ignore the whole endgame quest and stick to map farming because i want items and loot, and i don't care much about bragging rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Man...I'm just really not liking this new mapping system. Losing interest in my spectral throw character and kinda want to build another, but I just don't want to deal with it. I even loaded up my old silly tectonic slam jug and apparently you need to deal with the progression bullshit there too. I already did my maps and cleared my atlas, I don't want to spend hours wasting time on low tier maps (since apparently running higher tier versions doesn't do anything) just to get my atlas back to where it fucking should be already.

I went into this league mad hyped about all the changes, especially atlas changes, and played super hard early on...but either I burnt myself out or I just really don't like the mapping system updates. Curious to how they'll change it when they're back from break, if at all, but if it stays mostly as-is I'll likely sit out until the next league before trying again. I can't believe that the changes actually managed to kill my interest in the game, and I'm not even a speed-demon.
    I actually like the new atlas, i find myself with more things to do. I like the "progression" system, but it's as usual convoluted as hell because some people manage to make game breaking (literally) builds and GGG tries to stop them with more layers of clusterfuck.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yep. Super done with this league, fuck meta mechanics. They're not remotely interesting and what it does to further kill build diversity is fucking stupid.

Also done with PoE for a while. Still fucking mad at this stupid map updates and don't have any interest in fighting against it on standard to at least try to continue to beef up some of my existing characters with the new map-related stuff like awakened gems.

Learned my lesson: GGG never gets money until a month+ into a league, no more early supporter packs. They need to get off this fucking schedule that leads to them launching leagues right before the holiday season when the majority of the studio is off on vacation. They deserve the vacation, but maybe fucking put the update on pause for a month so you can launch a league with a staffed up office and react quickly when poorly tested out mechanics end up shitting up live servers.

What a fucking shitshow. I'm legit pissed off given how well I was doing early on and the fact that this really feels like they shit the bed in a major way after getting too full of themselves. Really not looking forward to continue power-creep and endless "speed-meta or go fuck yourself" nonsense in the leagues leading into PoE2, and I really hope they can slow things a bit the fuck down when it releases...even if they probably won't.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-12-31 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this league tbh. I did not expect cyclone to have no problems with Metamorph's, but even at T16 It's a breeze with Slayer Cyclone and the only time I die is when I accidentally picked a rippy mod (once every 80ish Metamorphs). so free stuff basically.

and I love the atlas change, you can pick and choose whatever you want to run. or run everything with Awakening level 8.
    I haven't bought a single map and I'm not running out of them anytime soon.