I'm waiting for this first patch that's supposed to drop this week to see what's in it (should be small), and see what they say is coming next in terms of bigger changes now that they're getting back into the office.

That'll determine whether I try to give it another go or keep sitting this out and see what's up with the next league. Thankfully I've got plenty of other games to work on (including Grim Dawn, which has so many amazing features I wish PoE would integrate over time). But it sucks since I just want to play more PoE and was enjoying my spectral throw character.

And the HP/damage increase across the board is what I've been reading, and it sure seems that way at times, but at the very least bosses got some pretty big damage/health buffs. I know I'm squishier playing a dodge character, but hot damn do some bosses I used to melt with around the same/less damage than my character now just take way too long to kill without any improved rewards or mechanics to make them interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    As far as I know, normal enemies didn't get buffed, but bosses had their health massively increased, like upwards of 3-5x as much depending on boss. Or at least, I've heard Shaper went from 16M life to like 68M or so.

I didn't realize how much they buffed bosses until I was in Act 9 or so too. My clear speed felt okay as I was one-shotting most trash, and I was killing faster than my Lacerate character in Legion (my worst character in the past few leagues), but then bosses were taking me at least twice as long as any other character I've played in the past three leagues.. so I was totally confused on if my DPS was abysmal...

Currently I haven't played PoE in a week or two, but I don't know if it's if I dislike the league, or I'm unhappy with my Bow character (and I kinda prefer not to rely on trading too much), or if I'm simply more in the mood to try other games at this time..
    Yeh bow characters seem to be really expensive too. A unique that I'd nearly required for my build is dsrkscorn was 10 exalts for first few weeks but it looks like it is finally falling in price to 5 exalts. That isnt counting a 6 link chest with -15 mana cost or a helm enchant for scourge arrow or a circle of nostalgia ring. I am missing so many big items for my build even though it feels like I've been playing forever. And is there an accurate modifier on map? Skip. I feel like I made a mistake choosing this as my league starter, but I've put so much work into this I don't want to give up and start over with another build.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-07 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    And is there an accurate modifier on map? Skip.
    Learned this the hard way this league, as this was my first ranger/dodge based character. I like my facetank melee characters but wanted to try something new, not a fan of how it means I have to pay so much more attention to map mods that never mattered before.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Learned this the hard way this league, as this was my first ranger/dodge based character. I like my facetank melee characters but wanted to try something new, not a fan of how it means I have to pay so much more attention to map mods that never mattered before.
    Gotta love when you finally find a map that you need to discover but you upgrade it and it has "Unlucky to dodge AND Accurate".. its like... fuck you GGG. I guess I'll just wait till I find a different one.

Fun league, but the awakener is BS and I'm done until they fix things about it. Last one I did I died and couldn't get back in because of storms. Like they're already huge and then their damage extends past their animation, it's bad design.

So the league itself is ok, but the base expansion boss is eh, unless you build super boring and tanky

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Like they're already huge and then their damage extends past their animation, it's bad design.
    Thank goodness it wasn't just me, because I ran into the same thing when I fought him.

In other news...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2732480

3.9.2 coming sometime this week, should have notes tomorrow. I'm damn curious about what's in it, it'll determine if I play again or not.

And there should be a hotfix even earlier fixing a few things -

Specific Atlas Regions can end up in an incorrect state after migrating from SSF.
    Releasing Legion Generals during Legion encounters can cause a client crash.
    Instance crash in Mao Kun unique map.
    Instance crashes when interacting with the Betrayal content.

Thank goodness it wasn't just me, because I ran into the same thing when I fought him.

In other news...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2732480

3.9.2 coming sometime this week, should have notes tomorrow. I'm damn curious about what's in it, it'll determine if I play again or not.

And there should be a hotfix even earlier fixing a few things -
    They really need to take a look at a few things. The whole Sirus fight needs help, between the storms and the maze getting stuck there's just soooo many issues with it.

They could also do with lowering boss damage... I get slowing it down with more HP and Defenses, but the damage increase was unwarranted IMO, its bad all throughout. How are new players getting through chapters now? Some of the bosses are annoying as hell even with a decent build.

And the damage is hurting build diversity, so I think they should definitely lower boss damage.

Ok, i manage to play a little again before holidays ended.

My bow/skello/Null build sucked. Mapping was a breeze, bossing was a pain in the ass. Deleted that char and rolled an ED/Cont trickster to breeze through things. Kinda squishy but super fast clearing and boss damage is now good.

But since i was all about a hybrid summoner, i rolled a new ascendant planning to use Rotting Legion. And i'm baffled - i've yet to get anything really good, i have a lvl 4 gloves with 3 link zombos and im melting things. I spam Sunder and zombos do their thing. It's awesome. We'll see when i get to endgame, and i have my exalts for a 6link chest piece i'm going to buy as soon as i finish the story.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    As far as I know, normal enemies didn't get buffed, but bosses had their health massively increased, like upwards of 3-5x as much depending on boss. Or at least, I've heard Shaper went from 16M life to like 68M or so.
    Yah, my Ground Slam Jugg still basically oneshots trash... but once I get too a boss, it's like I missed a buff or something. Killing them takes for-fucking-ever. I just figured it was that my damage sucked, and it was just more noticeable on bosses.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yah, my Ground Slam Jugg still basically oneshots trash... but once I get too a boss, it's like I missed a buff or something. Killing them takes for-fucking-ever. I just figured it was that my damage sucked, and it was just more noticeable on bosses.
    That's why i hate the boss buff. Either they make the whole thing go slower (but that would be just horrible for everyone) or you leave the bosses as they are. The difference between map clearing and boss fights is way too big and it's just annoying as hell to melt everything only to find that you have a slug fight at the end.

It's not challenging, it's frustrating. Especially since the oneshot stuff is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not challenging, it's frustrating. Especially since the oneshot stuff is still there.
    For real. IF they're going to increase boss health, they should also decrease boss damage. All they've done with this change is increase frustration via increased chance of insta-gibbing.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I'll echo some of the things that have been said already. PoE has been really-extra-cherry-on-the-top frustrating this league.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m rather happy with the boss buffs having fights take longer instead of just steam rolling them has been nice so they actually feel like bosses.

Meta bosses on the other hand tend to have to much instant damage to go with the health they have so it becomes a long fight with a good chance at instant death.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    For real. IF they're going to increase boss health, they should also decrease boss damage. All they've done with this change is increase frustration via increased chance of insta-gibbing.
    Exactly. I'm fine with longer boss fights if the risk of instadeath is less likely. I mean, obvious telegraphed attacks are more than avoidable and every build should have a movement "get out of shit" skill. However boss damage is crazy at endgame and 7k hp pools are burned immediately. So i don't see how multiplying boss hp helped at all.

We cannot facetank stuff (and it's good). We cannot just jump around (and it's good). We need damage but also survivability. Atm the balance is really skewed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m rather happy with the boss buffs having fights take longer instead of just steam rolling them has been nice so they actually feel like bosses.
    Agree. Though there are istances where the fight is so draggingly long and annoying while instagib is a risk as it was before. That needs to be solved. Meta bosses are fine outside of maps - they should get the map modifiers applied over all the ones we put through the components, that's why the damage stacks so high.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I'm fine with longer boss fights if the risk of instadeath is less likely. I mean, obvious telegraphed attacks are more than avoidable and every build should have a movement "get out of shit" skill. However boss damage is crazy at endgame and 7k hp pools are burned immediately. So i don't see how multiplying boss hp helped at all.

We cannot facetank stuff (and it's good). We cannot just jump around (and it's good). We need damage but also survivability. Atm the balance is really skewed.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. Though there are istances where the fight is so draggingly long and annoying while instagib is a risk as it was before. That needs to be solved. Meta bosses are fine outside of maps - they should get the map modifiers applied over all the ones we put through the components, that's why the damage stacks so high.
    I can’t say I’ve had any instadeath problems as a champion outside of metamorphs but I’ve only gotten to tier 11-12 red maps and I’m stacking Fort effect. I’ve had some sustain problems on things like the conquerers or the mastermind but my defences have been good enough that I can normally run around until life flask charges regen thanks to that one soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I can’t say I’ve had any instadeath problems as a champion outside of metamorphs but I’ve only gotten to tier 11-12 red maps and I’m stacking Fort effect. I’ve had some sustain problems on things like the conquerers or the mastermind but my defences have been good enough that I can normally run around until life flask charges regen thanks to that one soul.
    I suppose the change was done exactly for this reason. Before this league, basically any build was a "glass cannon" which meant stacking enough dfenses to stroll through maps zerging everything. With these fights more defensive builds are shining more as the room for errors is cut by a large margin, but that just slows down the pace way too much imho.

We go from clearing a map in 2 minutes to 5-6 minutes long boss fights.

However i think this is just a setup for PoE2. With the new skill system you will have dedicated 6links for aoe, single target and even triggers since apparently most of them will become meta supports (iirc from exilecon). So, the pace will be more streamlined since you will use a skill for fast clearing and another for bosses, while now the specialization of characters is really too narrow to tackle all the possible outcomes.

Not saying every character should do everything perfectly, but at a reasonable pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'm REALLY hoping for, in PoE2: Lessen the scaling somewhat, lesson boss damage somewhat, and make defensive builds worthwhile.

As it stands right now, there's actually very little reason to go for a defensive build. Getting every possible defense that you can, and going for a super tank build like the so called "Immortal" Gladiator just means that you get rocked in 3 hits, instead of 1. Not very fun. Especially as most tank builds require gimping your damage to such an extent that you actually LESSEN your survivability, in the long run, due to fights lasting considerably longer.

As someone who has alwasy prefered a slower, more durable build... I'd very much like to see defenses actually matter in PoE2, and tank builds able to somewhat keep up with glass cannon builds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._mr_metamorph/

Man, at this point I'm just enjoying watching others die to all the absolute bullshit that is metamorph bosses and this league.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the change was done exactly for this reason. Before this league, basically any build was a "glass cannon" which meant stacking enough dfenses to stroll through maps zerging everything. With these fights more defensive builds are shining more as the room for errors is cut by a large margin, but that just slows down the pace way too much imho.

We go from clearing a map in 2 minutes to 5-6 minutes long boss fights.

However i think this is just a setup for PoE2. With the new skill system you will have dedicated 6links for aoe, single target and even triggers since apparently most of them will become meta supports (iirc from exilecon). So, the pace will be more streamlined since you will use a skill for fast clearing and another for bosses, while now the specialization of characters is really too narrow to tackle all the possible outcomes.

Not saying every character should do everything perfectly, but at a reasonable pace.
    Over all id say it was a good change but likely one that should have waited for poe2 instead of just being in a league:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._mr_metamorph/

Man, at this point I'm just enjoying watching others die to all the absolute bullshit that is metamorph bosses and this league.
    lol. i'm not bothering with metamorphs anymore at this point - i've yet to reach that levels because of multiple rerolls, but i'm not gooda lose time and xp for instagibs.