Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2757540

Necro's: 20-30% representation across all level 70+ leagues.
    Everyone else: Lucky to hit 10%, usually single digit.

Yeah, don't get too attached to your necros for the next league, the nerf hammer is probably gonna drop hard. That's beyond absurd.
    Necromancers were even higher in Blight (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2667560) and they only got nerfed a little after that, maybe they'll only get nerfed a little after this league... =p

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Necromancers were even higher in Blight (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2667560) and they only got nerfed a little after that, maybe they'll only get nerfed a little after this league... =p
    Well, that was the summoner league so it made sense. But they're still way too strong/played even after what were some pretty minor nerfs (compared to nerfs that have landed after other leagues).

I hate arguing for nerfs, but they need to be hit pretty damn hard to be brought back in line. They have so many builds to choose from, and stuff like how cyclone zombies works with offerings granting players a constant free 2-4K ES shield a few times a second makes it way too freakin strong. I fully expect the necro ascendency getting hit pretty hard, as well as some more smaller nerfs to zombie. Maybe even a few nerfs to zombie gear, though I hope not.

At least it makes it so that non-summoner gear is cheaper, even if they're stealing some of my gear.

Well, that was the summoner league so it made sense. But they're still way too strong/played even after what were some pretty minor nerfs (compared to nerfs that have landed after other leagues).
    Probably because its played passively, allowing the player to pay more attention to what's going on, rather than trying to actively play and get hit by invisible/indistinguishable effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Probably because its played passively, allowing the player to pay more attention to what's going on, rather than trying to actively play and get hit by invisible/indistinguishable effects.
    Literally the opposite. You can't see shit with a cyclone summoner with all the visual clutter from minions/desecrate/offerings. But it doesn't matter, because you can facetank most shit with 6K hp and 5K ES with huge leech from zombies and passive regen going to ES + the constant free 2-4K es shield you get from the offering proccing a few times a second.

I hate arguing for nerfs, but they need to be hit pretty damn hard to be brought back in line. They have so many builds to choose from, and stuff like how cyclone zombies works with offerings granting players a constant free 2-4K ES shield a few times a second makes it way too freakin strong. I fully expect the necro ascendency getting hit pretty hard, as well as some more smaller nerfs to zombie. Maybe even a few nerfs to zombie gear, though I hope not.

At least it makes it so that non-summoner gear is cheaper, even if they're stealing some of my gear.
    When bosses become harder more people reach for the ezmode.
    I know, I was one of them. Starting the league wanted to finally make a bow character, something I had never done before and halfway the story I said "fuck this shit, its to much of a slog" and went Necro.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    When bosses become harder more people reach for the ezmode.
    I know, I was one of them. Starting the league wanted to finally make a bow character, something I had never done before and halfway the story I said "fuck this shit, its to much of a slog" and went Necro.
    Yup. I've shelved my spectral throw character, even for delve. May try to make it a cold conversion character rather than ele damage, but that's a lot of work for minimal gain.

Went meme-cyclone facebreaker gladiator and it's absurd. Finally checked my guardian/shaper damage and it's over 1.6M and that's without adding in bonus damage from my arc/vaal arc shock periodically. And it still barely does any damage to AL8 Sirus so I have to rely on blocks/reckoning -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, decided to throw a few hundred fuses at my inpulsa for lulz since I'm sorta done with this league and...6-linked in like the first 100 (I've thrown in probably about 5-600 already, so that's still insanely lucky). But I have a low-key theory I'm working on now...could be a total coincidence but I wanna test more.

Got the right colors to replace my loreweave on my spectral throw character so I'll give it a go for the lulz, my single target damage is going to be total garbage but whatever. I think this was one of the big pieces I needed to make my old winter orb elementalist work and now I kinda can't wait for this shit to roll over to standard. I'm way richer on meta league, so I could actually pimp that character out...and lookin up the price a 6l inpulsa ain't worth shit anymore ;__;

Good news: It's fucking hilarious for map clear, even with my characters mana issues I never sorted out.
    Bad news: That's about it, single target damage is total trash.

But it's kinda fun, will be hanging onto this for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally the opposite. You can't see shit with a cyclone summoner with all the visual clutter from minions/desecrate/offerings. But it doesn't matter, because you can facetank most shit with 6K hp and 5K ES with huge leech from zombies and passive regen going to ES + the constant free 2-4K es shield you get from the offering proccing a few times a second.
    I disagree with the visual clutter comment. I ran cyclone summoner with 13 zombies and 3 spectres with the celestial mtx even and i had no issue with visual detection. Honestly my summoner was easier to Awakener 8 Sirus because my minions always pointed me to Sirus, and i just spun occasionally to proc offering. If you were spinning nonstop i could maybe see it, but the build has mana issues so its better to spin proc, wait, spin proc.

While summoner should get nerfed, i feel like GGG really needs to step back and address multiple issues. Summoners, Cyclone, and Mines/Traps are too meta. The reasoning is they are too safe for their powerlevels. Why selfcast when you can have 20 mines do it? Why use literally any other melee skill when Cyclone can move, damage, and With infused Channeling give you defensive. Why fight, when you can have 20+ super buff bros autotargeting the boss. At this point they will not see new builds arise until those three archtypes die. I really feel like the best chance we will see a major meta shift is with POE2, at this point they have split their focus so hard between new leagues and POE2 that we are getting majorly buggy leagues (Blight and Meta both were major problems at launch) and bad metas.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    While summoner should get nerfed, i feel like GGG really needs to step back and address multiple issues. Summoners, Cyclone, and Mines/Traps are too meta. The reasoning is they are too safe for their powerlevels. Why selfcast when you can have 20 mines do it? Why use literally any other melee skill when Cyclone can move, damage, and With infused Channeling give you defensive. Why fight, when you can have 20+ super buff bros autotargeting the boss.
    That's exactly how I feel too; the "risk vs reward" tuning of various skills basically doesn't exist. I feel that's the main problem with melee too; if you can one-shot screens from ranged, what incentive is there to use a smaller ranged attack?

I'm curious how PoE2 might address things like that, but honestly I'm skeptical on if it'll do anything to change the one-shot or be one-shot type of gameplay we have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Random question: There doesn't seem to be a bottom to Delve, and if so, do enemy levels continue to go up? Or do they do the stupid bullshit where they're capped at 85 and just increase their resistances and HP and shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Random question: There doesn't seem to be a bottom to Delve, and if so, do enemy levels continue to go up? Or do they do the stupid bullshit where they're capped at 85 and just increase their resistances and HP and shit?
    basically they cap at 83 and become health sponges beyond that. But the health scaling does start til the late 200s.

Delve Scaling
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I ended up making a blood/sand glad as my shield throw needs some big money items and I’m horrible at saving.

I had forgotten how much better it feels to be able to build off of weapons instead of trying to get shields to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So I ended up making a blood/sand glad as my shield throw needs some big money items and I’m horrible at saving.

I had forgotten how much better it feels to be able to build off of weapons instead of trying to get shields to work.
    If you're going cyclone/reckoning, facebreaker is fucking fantastic. And the best part is that good ones, non-corrupt, are cheap as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're going cyclone/reckoning, facebreaker is fucking fantastic. And the best part is that good ones, non-corrupt, are cheap as hell.
    Only at 62 so nothing is set in stone yet but so far I’ve been going dual wield as I haven’t built a character around it since bestiary.

Though I’m also incredibly tempted to make a trapper as I haven’t played one since I first got into the game and that was way before I had learned how to make a character that worked in maps.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-01-28 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Only at 62 so nothing is set in stone yet but so far I’ve been going dual wield as I haven’t built a character around it since bestiary.

Though I’m also incredibly tempted to make a trapper as I haven’t played one since I first got into the game and that was way before I had learned how to make a character that worked in maps.
    Haven't played DW (only 2H starforge, which I compared to my facebreaker character who admittedly has better gear but...yeah, even with starforge the damage is garbage in comparison. granted my starforge is impale vs. crit which I use on my facebreaker character but still...), but facebreaker is stupidly strong overall.

Surrender is pretty cheap too (2-3ex last I checked) and that thing hits like a damn truck. With my lower damage corrupted facebreakers (vulnerability on hit) my that thing hits for 100k-160k with just auras in my hideout, significantly harder when buffed with around 400% crit multi so...yeah (and around 50% effective chance to crit).

Super worth it IMO, the damage is pretty good (relies on reactive damage more, but I'm still a 1.6m guardian dps with cyclone alone in PoB), the clear speed for maps is fantastic (reduced duration/increased effect quicksilver flask is hilarious and awesome), and it's pretty damn tanky with 5K+ hp, solid mitigation (even with abyssus), and you sit pretty much at block cap (79%) for all attacks in combat. I'm only really dying to really dumb shit like eating a shaper slam or fighting a stupidly juiced meta in a map with tons of nasty mods, everything else is pretty breezy. Not super expensive (my base gear was maybe like...5-8ex total? Most of it's pretty cheap, only Surrender costs much) so it's not bad if you're starting fresh and don't have too much currency...though still pretty cheap even if you're spending bigger (all told my character is about 20ish ex invested, and I realistically don't have any "big" upgrades left, everything from hereon out will be pretty minimal unless we're looking at like 80ex items).

That and, again, the satisfaction of watching an out of range pack get deleted due to a block or seeing half the bosses HP disappear with the reckoning animation is super satisfying.

And trappers seem to be super strong for meta this league. Doubt the clear is amazing with a boss build, but watching juiced T16 metas melt on spawn is hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played DW (only 2H starforge, which I compared to my facebreaker character who admittedly has better gear but...yeah, even with starforge the damage is garbage in comparison. granted my starforge is impale vs. crit which I use on my facebreaker character but still...), but facebreaker is stupidly strong overall.

Surrender is pretty cheap too (2-3ex last I checked) and that thing hits like a damn truck. With my lower damage corrupted facebreakers (vulnerability on hit) my that thing hits for 100k-160k with just auras in my hideout, significantly harder when buffed with around 400% crit multi so...yeah (and around 50% effective chance to crit).

Super worth it IMO, the damage is pretty good (relies on reactive damage more, but I'm still a 1.6m guardian dps with cyclone alone in PoB), the clear speed for maps is fantastic (reduced duration/increased effect quicksilver flask is hilarious and awesome), and it's pretty damn tanky with 5K+ hp, solid mitigation (even with abyssus), and you sit pretty much at block cap (79%) for all attacks in combat. I'm only really dying to really dumb shit like eating a shaper slam or fighting a stupidly juiced meta in a map with tons of nasty mods, everything else is pretty breezy. Not super expensive (my base gear was maybe like...5-8ex total? Most of it's pretty cheap, only Surrender costs much) so it's not bad if you're starting fresh and don't have too much currency...though still pretty cheap even if you're spending bigger (all told my character is about 20ish ex invested, and I realistically don't have any "big" upgrades left, everything from hereon out will be pretty minimal unless we're looking at like 80ex items).

That and, again, the satisfaction of watching an out of range pack get deleted due to a block or seeing half the bosses HP disappear with the reckoning animation is super satisfying.

And trappers seem to be super strong for meta this league. Doubt the clear is amazing with a boss build, but watching juiced T16 metas melt on spawn is hilarious.
    I might try it out I remember wanting to build around surrender a few leagues ago when I had one but my character was a respected mess at the time so I ended up dropping it.

imo path of exile very annoying game and too overhyped.
    1. camera is limited/locked like in moba and you dont see anythin
    2.map is locked and u have to do quests all time
    3. quests are all the same..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernotre View Post
    imo path of exile very annoying game and too overhyped.
    1. camera is limited/locked like in moba and you dont see anythin
    2.map is locked and u have to do quests all time
    3. quests are all the same..
    K.

1. Its an Isometric game in a genre known for Isometric games.
    2. The quests take 8-10 hours before end game....Map can be moved (if talking minimap/overlay map) and maps themself are procedurally generated.
    3. See above.

Move on troll, this is not the thread you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    1. Its an Isometric game in a genre known for Isometric games.
    Problem isn't that, camera is zoomed in too much compared to any other ARPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Problem isn't that, camera is zoomed in too much compared to any other ARPG.
    Guess i dont see it:

7+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about surrender makes me wonder if I should fit some counter strike into my shield throw build.... changing to glad would mean I would need to worry about hit and would lose my stun immunity but I’d easily have max block and the challenger charges would give me a ton of speed.

I think I might have a shield throw problem no matter what I do I keep circling back.....