Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's the one, yes. Literally just killed a T2 map boss AFK XD. Honestly not sure I'll ever be able to play another build, after this...
    Wait until you get stronk and can shave off half or more of a T14+ boss with a single reckoning crit : P

Unrelated, but does anyone have any experience with the older fork of PoB that apparently actually calculates shit like impale/multistrike? I'm at a crossroads and not sure if I should invest more in impale for my HoP minions - would swap out maim (I can live with the loss of the debuff) and my faster attack gem on leap slam, but I can rock Dread Banner/Impale support which gets my HoP minions up to 80% impale chance with around 60% increased effect, and my Dom Blow dudes 40% chance at 20% increased effect.

Alternatively, I could also drop desecrate and move maim to my golem/holy relic, they're already giving me feeding frenzy. But having desecrate for bosses so I can pop flesh offering is just so damn good >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait until you get stronk and can shave off half or more of a T14+ boss with a single reckoning crit : P
    doubt I'll ever get THAT stronk. My gear is shite and trading hates me, so unless RNGesus shines on me, my chance of getting The Surrender OR Rigwald's curse are pretty tiny.

Especially as in 7 days I'm dropping everything for FFVIIR
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

doubt I'll ever get THAT stronk. My gear is shite and trading hates me, so unless RNGesus shines on me, my chance of getting The Surrender OR Rigwald's curse are pretty tiny.

Oh shit, you don't have Surrender? Bro...BRO...get that currency, it's down to like 1.5-2ex so it's not super expensive.

Seriously, watching packs melt left and right due to blocks is one of the greatest joys. Every day I'm regretting now remaking mine more and more, especially with how it can work with some of the cluster jewels. Granted my brother has like 50ex invested in his, and his character is stronger than mine was last league, but it saw some unintentional huge buffs this league. His Reckoning doesn't hit super hard (much less than my character), but his cyclone is like 3-4x the damage of my characters due to some of those cluster jewels.

Unrelated, but does anyone have any experience with the older fork of PoB that apparently actually calculates shit like impale/multistrike? I'm at a crossroads and not sure if I should invest more in impale for my HoP minions - would swap out maim (I can live with the loss of the debuff) and my faster attack gem on leap slam, but I can rock Dread Banner/Impale support which gets my HoP minions up to 80% impale chance with around 60% increased effect, and my Dom Blow dudes 40% chance at 20% increased effect.

Alternatively, I could also drop desecrate and move maim to my golem/holy relic, they're already giving me feeding frenzy. But having desecrate for bosses so I can pop flesh offering is just so damn good >.<
    Older? I don't know about an older fork. Just about the community fork that is being updated better then the base BoP.

You need to change 1 line in a file
    https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCom...ling-this-Fork
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Older? I don't know about an older fork. Just about the community fork that is being updated better then the base BoP.

You need to change 1 line in a file
    https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCom...ling-this-Fork
    Oh sweet, that's way easier than I thought. Thanks for the link dude!

So apparently my build was way stronger than I thought...

Currently...

560K + 50K impale DPS on HoP (times 5)
    97K + 9K impale DPS on Dom Blow (times 9)

So around 4M shaper DPS with everything up theoretically. With the impale swap (and trading desecrate/flesh offering) for the gem and dread banner I have...

420K + 280K impale DPS on HoP (times 5)
    105K + 24K impale DPS on Dom Blow (times 9)

Which is closer to 5.2M shaper DPS I think...yeah I think I can miss a touch of map clear (though really, my Dom Blow dudes seem like they got a buff and they do most of the map clearing anyways with splash/ancestral call.

And my freakin HoP minions Crusader Slam apparently hits for just shy of 200-300K phys...flat. Man, I kinda wanna get some awakening gems.

Fought shaper with the "old" setup for the first time after some big upgrades and I kill him way faster now. Only thing that's really dangerous is his big double laser thing, but as long as I can avoid that he actually melts pretty quickly. So should be even faster once I make all these swaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, you don't have Surrender? Bro...BRO...get that currency, it's down to like 1.5-2ex so it's not super expensive.
    On PC, maybe! I'm playing on PS4 :'( Not seen one for less than 8ex.

Honestly... unless it gets hugely nerfed, or something even more broken comes along, I can see myself playing this build for the next couple of leagues. Too fun.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

On PC, maybe! I'm playing on PS4 :'( Not seen one for less than 8ex.

Honestly... unless it gets hugely nerfed, or something even more broken comes along, I can see myself playing this build for the next couple of leagues. Too fun.
    Yeah, it's great. I'm loathe to play the same build, but I'm hoping there will be something similar that I can play next league. Tried to figure out a build with Doryani's Fists for a "lightning facebreaker" version, but apparently the item still sucks even after the buffs : /

And ooph...had no idea prices were that nuts on console but I guess it makes sense. Probably fewer folks playing so fewer items floating about. And since that's a really easy build to play (press cyclone to win) I imagine it's more popular than some of the slightly more involved builds on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    And ooph...had no idea prices were that nuts on console but I guess it makes sense. Probably fewer folks playing so fewer items floating about. And since that's a really easy build to play (press cyclone to win) I imagine it's more popular than some of the slightly more involved builds on PC.
    Yup, there's only about two or three surrenders up at any one time, and they're usually 8/10 ex each. Facebreakers are cheap though.

Rigwalds? YEASH. Don't even get me started...

Between this and Hollow Palm Technique, Rigwald's are through the roof.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the one, yes. Literally just killed a T2 map boss AFK XD. Honestly not sure I'll ever be able to play another build, after this...
    Huh. I actually hadn't seen this yet and I imagine next season will be when it gets nerfed, so maybe I should play it now.
    BAD WOLF

And pissed again. Tried a solo Simulcrum, and remembering why I hate this fucking meta that continues to exist. Got to wave 19 and then started dying to literally I don't know what.

Not that I wasn't killing fast enough, shit was melting within moments of coming up, it was just a fuckton spawning. Even without my gems leveled my dudes are collectively doing 4M+ dps, more when you factor in splash damage from ancestral call.

Not squishy, either. 60% phys mitigation, 7K life plus 400 ES, max res (76 fire) and like 10 chaos res, 800+ flat regen plus my guardian regen burst and some pretty considerable life on hit/leech (around 40 life, and I hit with splash/ancestral call/multistrike so that's easily upwards of 1.5-2k per hit with tons of mobs around, leech is minimal), 25% block chance which doesn't hurt.

Takes longer to kill unique dudes, but they still go down within like 10-15ish seconds.

But by that time there's so much stuff on screen you can't see a bloody thing between mob density and effects everywhere, which I guess is partially my "fault" for playing a minion build...but even beyond that I'm dying to shit that I can't even see, instantly. Leap up a ledge? Die mid-leap. Leap over a pack of dudes to get away from shit? Die mid-leap, but maybe they hit me so I'll try again. Leap around enemies? Get tagged by something that one shots me. Try running and/or kiting them in the very tiny space provided that's already cluttered with effects? Get slowed/stunned by something and one shot by a handful of attacks, or so I assume because it's so fast I don't know what to attribute it to.

It just feels super frustrating/bad/unfun to constantly be getting one shot or crushing everything, very little middle ground. Especially the constantly being one shot when you literally have no way of knowing what killed you or how on earth you could have outplayed it or built to counter it. I fucking hope they slow the game down in PoE 2, but I'm more and more certain they're just going to speed it up and make the meta even more extreme : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Huh. I actually hadn't seen this yet and I imagine next season will be when it gets nerfed, so maybe I should play it now.
    It's been around for a few patches now, and remains more or less untouched. I think there are still a couple of leagues in it, before it gets nerfed or replaced.

interesting information

So I'm hoping someone can help me out ... I'm GREEN at this game. Like for reals ... my level 48 Templar is the furthest I've gotten ever. BUT, while leveling, I screwed him up. I was actually following the wrong build tree (I had 2 trees open when I was browsing trees, and I closed the wrong one). Anyway, I didn't figure this out until I was about to put a point into that skill that says "Oh you're using totems! Cool, you can't use any direct spells then!" Which was TOTALLY not what I wanted LOL.

So I figured I was using a lot of ice spells and having fun with that, so I put the next bunch of points into COLD damage. My main attack is ice crash, but also using glacial cascade, frostbite, coldsnap, herald of ice, freezing pulse (on a totem) and ice golem. I guess my question is, is my passive tree at all salvageable? Is there a direction here I should be going that wouldn't require me to collect enough orbs of regret to reset the whole thing? I'm not expecting to be able to do crazy hard end game content, just tinker around at the end game. Right now I'm not having problems killing enemies.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscre...earded_Templar

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    So I figured I was using a lot of ice spells and having fun with that, so I put the next bunch of points into COLD damage. My main attack is ice crash, but also using glacial cascade, frostbite, coldsnap, herald of ice, freezing pulse (on a totem) and ice golem. I guess my question is, is my passive tree at all salvageable? Is there a direction here I should be going that wouldn't require me to collect enough orbs of regret to reset the whole thing? I'm not expecting to be able to do crazy hard end game content, just tinker around at the end game. Right now I'm not having problems killing enemies.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscre...earded_Templar
    I feel this isn't too bad; in my opinion, the only nodes I feel you should refund are the ones for totems specifically (because they aren't your primary damage, and all your +spell damage/+cold damage and such affects them anyway), and that one point in +cold damage that doesn't lead anywhere. Here, I've taken a screen of your tree and crossed out in red what I think you should remove, then I circled a bunch of Life clusters and stuff leading towards them in green which I feel you should prioritize. You might not need every single one of them, but get the large majority of them; I might skip like 1-2 of the circled clusters at most. A character with poor damage is more salvageable than one with too little life to survive anything, so don't skimp out on it!

Even if you get all those life clusters you should then still have some more points to get DPS nodes afterwards. Might want to look into crit and/or cast speed, or possibly grab Elemental Overload if not crit, rather than more raw damage.

And I'd say using both Ice Crash and Glacial Cascade are at odds; both are primary damage sources (spammable with no cooldown) so you can only use one or the other, and given that all your other skills are spells and you have no Accuracy investment, I'd keep Glacial Cascade over Ice Crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    And I'd say using both Ice Crash and Glacial Cascade are at odds; both are primary damage sources (spammable with no cooldown) so you can only use one or the other, and given that all your other skills are spells and you have no Accuracy investment, I'd keep Glacial Cascade over Ice Crash.
    Thank you so much, this is SUPER helpful! I may have chosen the wrong ascendancy for this type of thing as well ... I went with Inquisitor, and chose Sanctuary as my first big talent, because I thought the consecrated ground thing sounded neat. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Me, mapping today: I am invincble! Nothing can stop my Cyclone wrath!

T3 boss, with an unavoidable Chaos damage AoE, seeing my -20% resist: Are you, though? *multi-kill*

Me, mapping today: I am invincble! Nothing can stop my Cyclone wrath!

T3 boss, with an unavoidable Chaos damage AoE, seeing my -20% resist: Are you, though? *multi-kill*
    You running vaal pact in your build and the nearby leech nodes? The nearby leech nodes at the least are super good, even if you need the passive regen/don't like vaal pact.

Bruh, its 200c for a surrender

I have 3k c if you want me to give you one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Bruh, its 200c for a surrender

I have 3k c if you want me to give you one lol
    He's on PS4, where it's apparently much more expensive.

He's on PS4, where it's apparently much more expensive.
    gotcha

Im almost 2/3rds to my headhunter

hands are hurtin lel