Well the new low life mechanic/skills seem to make this the Jugg league.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The more I think about it...I might just stick with SSF or standard or something to check out the old league reworks. Still not interested in another league, and Ultimatum doesn't seem terribly exciting on its own.

Still waiting for the full notes though, because for the life of me there's nothing I really wanna build that I haven't already played. Please buff Spectral Throw/Shield Throw, please please please.

Edit: Though I gotta say...with the low life/life cost mechanics...I wonder if we'll see more juggernauts. I hope so, I really dug my old Molten Strike jugg before they absolutely obliterated that skill/build : (
    I pray for shield throw buff's every league, rituals were nice but it could really use another one.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Was planning to skip this league, but it being a Vaal league temps me. I kinda hope Vaal Doublestrike sees a comeback......

So conflicted....they have pissed me off on a lot of announcements, but then they announce a league based on my favorite lore type.....The reworks im with Gorsameth, i will wait to celebrate them until i see the detailed change list, because Wilson overhyped minor damage tweaks previously.
    they fixed a monster bug on double strike last league, it already was doing really high damage, and I think it ended up being like a 35% buff

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    they fixed a monster bug on double strike last league, it already was doing really high damage, and I think it ended up being like a 35% buff
    Was damage the problem with double strike?
    Or the fact it doesn't clear the entire screen at once, while many other 'better' skills do?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't know what I expected, but the PoE2 stuff really kinda disappointed me. They are not taking any risks, straying very very minorly from the formula of PoE1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I don't know what I expected, but the PoE2 stuff really kinda disappointed me. They are not taking any risks, straying very very minorly from the formula of PoE1.
    Because the formula works, also they have reworked entire socket system which is HUGE.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I skimped over the PoE 2 stuff entirely, kind of like I skimp over Diablo 4 at the moment.

With PoE 2 it's pretty much a better looking game (can't wait to see how well it runs, lol), with some really nice QoL features without straying too much from the main formula. Which is honestly fine because I don't think they need to totally reinvent the wheel with PoE because a lot of the core design works. I'm not excited about it however because it's not much of a departure, and is still quite a ways out.

Diablo 4 seems exciting but it's still super loose on the details and they keep changing up the details they give us every quarter. Again, like PoE 2, being pretty far out makes me not really care about it until it's way close to launch.

The best part of the new league for me is all the reworks to old league content, which is WAY overdue.

Self curse dead, fracturing maps dead, mass producing cheap chests dead. Quite possibly deep delving also dead unless bloodstained fossil is worth something.

TL;DR you cant fracture/split same item more than once.

But I am overall happy, some complain but realistically speaking it was too powerful for far too long. Especially combination of those two things. Took them too long to nerf it.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I guess that means the manifesto is out...and it is - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079632

As a major benefit of these changes, reservation skills no longer have an associated cost by default, so you don't need the current mana available to reserve a skill. Even when your mana is completely depleted, you can still enable an aura, making it much easier to swap out auras or turn one on again if you accidentally disabled it.
    Great little QOL change!

Brother's gonna be sad at however BB is nerfed, but none of those are skills I ever really want to play so meh.

"Enemies you Kill have a chance to Explode, Dealing a tenth of their Life as Physical Damage"
    Lots more legacy items I guess, but RIP explode chest. Won't be bad for builds with good clear already, but it'll wreck builds that relied on explode for clear. IMO I'd have rather they simply reduced the scaling or something so it didn't automatically one shot the whole screen in a single chain, or maybe cap how many enemies it effects.

Fuckin RIP hexproof self cursing too.

We've removed the bonus mission chance from Awakening objective bonuses, as Atlas passives combined with this bonus and other mechanics were resulting in an almost endless supply of missions
    Fuck this noise. I mean sure, spamming Zana for harvest missions all day was boring as shit, but I really liked never having to worry too much about master missions and being able to stockpile the ones I wanted more easily. I guess it's still easy enough to generate them, but it feels...kinda pointless.

Damn, Immortal Ambition/Corrupted Soul hit pretty hard too. Will still likely be strong tho.

Nothing too earth shattering, but I'm just waiting to see the actual skill gem buffs/nerfs. I hope they buffed a few of the barely-used skills more than a bit so that they can be competitive alongside nerfs to some of the most popular/strongest skills.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m really wondering if the new corrupting blood spell will make shield throw not feel awful on single target.

I’m not at all a fan of bleed gladiators because of that awful popping noise but for good damage for once I might try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m really wondering if the new corrupting blood spell will make shield throw not feel awful on single target.

I’m not at all a fan of bleed gladiators because of that awful popping noise but for good damage for once I might try it.
    IIRC I like that pop sound...it's satisfying.

I'll totally give a bleed SST character a try if it's remotely viable. I'm pretty curious about the 2 Blood Magic supports now and what they'll do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC I like that pop sound...it's satisfying.

I'll totally give a bleed SST character a try if it's remotely viable. I'm pretty curious about the 2 Blood Magic supports now and what they'll do.
    For me it’s like extra gore it’s nice when you first get it but after a bit it’s just grating and I wish it would stop. I’d kill for a toggle for both as I really love the sound design of exile with just those and a few other stand outs making me avoid some builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Note that according to the new Development Manifesto:
    "Corrupted Blood now never counts as Bleeding damage, so reductions to bleeding damage taken no longer affect it. The Staunching flask modifier and Pathfinder's Master Surgeon notable now state that they apply to both Bleeding and Corrupted Blood."

The new passive tree info should be up in about 6-7 hours, so be sure to check if Gladiator's passives apply to Corrupted Blood and not just normal bleeding before jumping on this.

EDIT: Oh wait, the development manifesto already said that some Gladiator passives will be changed to Phys DOT multi to apply to this... but yeah, maybe still wait just in case.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2021-04-13 at 03:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Note that according to the new Development Manifesto:
    "Corrupted Blood now never counts as Bleeding damage, so reductions to bleeding damage taken no longer affect it. The Staunching flask modifier and Pathfinder's Master Surgeon notable now state that they apply to both Bleeding and Corrupted Blood."

The new passive tree info should be up in about 6-7 hours, so be sure to check if Gladiator's passives apply to Corrupted Blood and not just normal bleeding before jumping on this.

EDIT: Oh wait, the development manifesto already said that some Gladiator passives will be changed to Phys DOT multi to apply to this... but yeah, maybe still wait just in case.
    Ya I’ma wait until all the info is out until I decide what flavour of shield throw I’ll play this league. Still reluctant to make a bleed ones with that horrible popping but if it can fill the single target issues I just might.

I can always respec to impale shield throw though which is what I normally play so duelist is likely a good choice no matter what.

Damnit, just mashing F5 waiting for patch notes to see if there's anything I want to bother playing this league >.<

POST NOW GGG : |

Nowhere on the internet is shield throw as hotly debated as in this thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079980
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3079973

Patch notes live, bois and goils.

Edit: And I'm probably out this league, looks like no real buffs to garbage skills at all. Just more nerfs.

Alas, I was hoping after a league of blue balls from the "OVER 40 SKILLS BUFFED" jebaiting would pay off but I should have known better.

Edit 2: Well, at least some of the bleed-related changes with corrupted blood and the bleed support gems seems like it could be cool. But now clue what I'd even build it around.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-04-13 at 11:29 PM.

Yeah I was massively unimpressed with the skill changes.

I'm still considering seeing what I can do with Reap on Juggernaut, or maybe Slayer, but eh.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Good buff, bad nerf time!

Good buff: No more "allies cannot die" buffs for enemies!

Bad nerf: Trigger socketed spell on cast had its cooldown doubled from 4s -> 8s

Man, this patch really is just nerfs all the way down. A lot of the skills definitely needed it, but it's disappointing to see long-forgotten skills are still...well...forgotten : /

If everything nerfed, things that didn't get touched got buffed.

Aurastacker got 10% nerf, still probably best option, but damn i dont wanna play it for 3rd league straight
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV