1. #13761


    Ah, his videos are always such a delight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    FUCKIN LULZ, my exanguinate spellslinger is useless now. 6-link Exanguinate now reserves 101% of your mana so I can't even use the bloody thing (even with some mana reduction) without going down to a 5-link with a 3-link for reap, and my 4-link corrupting fever costs 1500 freakin life.

    Seems like flask changes don't really matter much? Just ran a random map on my totem chieftan and it was fairly easy to keep them spammed.

    Edit: I guess the default character limit is 24, apparently I hit that so time to dump an old random I've abandoned.

  2. #13762
    Spellslinger is obviously busted. The entire skill is balanced around the reserve mana cost instead of paying so making them pay mana to cast without changing adjusting the reserve cost breaks it.
    But hey, Chris said they carefully considered all the changes...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  3. #13763
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    A) no one said amount of viewers meant anything. Quin's viewers would watch him play Power Washing Simulator, but when you have dedicated POE streamers that have been playing since beta calling foul on the changes, there are issues.

    B) consistent vision is a joke.
    At exilecon Chris said they will not do drastic changes one way or another, this patch proves that is not consistent.
    Chris said in 2020 they do not want to add currency tabs or other QOL tabs. We have all of them.
    Chris has repeatedly said that if he had his true vision, SSFHC would be the only game mode in the game. Yet you say that GGG is focused first on trade.
    Chris wont fix us picking up individual items because it "Adds weight" per his vision, yet the China Client has a pet that picks up bubblegum currency.
    Chris said they wont fix trade yet the China Client has an entirely different trade UI.

    You see any issue with their consistent vision? Or you gonna keep pounding your chest because you think you are special because you think you are better because you don't want QOL changes, and like the game confusing and difficult. The straight facts are, this game has been struggling with retention, and there are fundamental problems with the game that players of all levels have been begging to be fixed. And GGG has ignored nearly all of them and instead went on to break more things. Nerfing power if fine, as long as you compensate by fixing grinds and idiotic things like picking up 40 individual items of a currency from a single loot pile.
    I'm pretty sure GGGs hands are tied with their China client. To do business there they have to follow certain regulations. If not, your game is not allowed. So while he may say things but do differently in China, it's most likely their hands are tied.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Here is 2cent from someone that started PoE in 3.14.

    The game is really fun, complex and has lots to do. It is on the easier side though. Hopefully the nerfs will fix some of that.(we will prob be killing bosses in less than 5sec at the end anyways).
    That will all change for 4.0(PoE2) but make no mistake, power creep will take over again in a year or two and it will be a 1 button AoE spam zergfest all over again.

  4. #13764
    Anyone try Eye of Winter yet? How is it?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  5. #13765
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Anyone try Eye of Winter yet? How is it?
    I'm playing an Eye of Winter Raider for some reason and am currently in Act 10, about to do Merc Lab then kill Kitava (which means I have no damage from my Ascendancy so far)... I think it has plenty of potential but my tree/gear aren't damage-focused enough yet to make it ideal. Watching another video of an Inquisitor with a 4-link starting a t1 map, it looks much better than when I had a 4-link.. I do think Deadeye would've felt much better than Raider up to this point, but maybe once I get a Snakepit it might be fine without Ricochet.

    AoE clear is fine, especially if you have some chain and/or Herald of Ice with enough crit to freeze regularly. Single target is plenty fine if you can shotgun a large enemy at a distance, but quite terrible if the enemy's small and/or right next to you.

    I believe the highest damage potential though, would be if your EoW explodes inside your Hydrosphere (or some secondary enemy) and chains off to the primary target; that way you also take advantage of the projectiles growing stronger over time. (And you're aiming your EoW at a fixed stationary target instead of a moving one.) However, given EoW's range and the shards' range, I don't think you can do this for point blank enemies. (Slower projectiles will make the EoW go a shorter distance before detonating, but then the shards will go a shorter distance too.)

    Maybe some taunting minions/totems would alleviate the issue of enemies getting too close. But ultimately, I think the skill can be great with proper investment and self-casting/aiming it, while its (single-target) DPS will be bad if you don't space and aim it properly (triggers/totems/traps/mines).

  6. #13766
    Yeah I had enough time between my question and now to get to play with EoW. Feels great, I love it, but... yeah I dunno about Elementalist and the defenses I have to cook up to make it work.

    otoh Spectral Shield Throw and Shield Charge feel great.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  7. #13767
    Meh, couple days in and I'm not feeling it.

    League mechanic feels pointlessly bloated with like 50 new currencies that I can't be bothered to learn and I guess don't show how many you have on the respective vendor windows. Sure, no more multiple stacks of a single currency to pick up, now it's just 20 different currency stacks! Beyond that rewards seem "eh" and it feels kinda annoying, placing charges etc. doesn't feel like anything "meaningful".

    Nerfed damage is definitely noticeable, but not crippling. Nerfed mobility hurts more honestly. Same goes for flasks, it's not bad in maps at all but while leveling it was a constant feeling of being starved for charges. Much less zoom zoom as a result.

    But also I am having dogshit for luck with any drops or crafts as I hit mapping so still stuck with garbage gear and 4-links. Between that, barely being able to get any maps to drop to begin with even with spamming some fragments and delve, and absolution seeming kinda "meh" when it comes to endgame I'm not sure if I'll stick around beyond this weekend.

  8. #13768
    I like the mechanic in that it's not spammy and fairly quick to do, but yeah, I'd be shocked if I got into yellow maps this time.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  9. #13769
    league mechanic is pretty much just the currency trader.

    gamba is waste of time, just a better orb of chance, not worth the time (it is at the start of league).
    chief is not worth either since you just don't run out of their currency
    crafting guy is ok for mediocre items (could be good for ssf and league start)
    and currency trade guy is actually worth the time as he prints out 5-20c each time

    minions OP more than usual
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  10. #13770
    People are saying you can craft some zany stuff with Rog.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  11. #13771
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,531
    So far the shield throw changes are pretty amazing got to maps with the worse shield I've had since I started using the skill and it still feels great and its only up from here.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  12. #13772
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    People are saying you can craft some zany stuff with Rog.
    Yeah, I managed to craft some near-BiS boots for my build (only thing better would be an influenced pair with the same stats) by using his crafting. It reminds me of Harvest to some degree, just not as specific and a bit reliant on what he provides.

    However, I keep running into a bug with the Expedition events on the map. Since I'm a physical-only build, I avoid the Immune to Physical pillars at all costs... but I keep running into an issue where all the creatures just suddenly go immune to damage despite not even having the Immune to Physical pillars in the area. I've even put on a spare caster ability that's non-physical and still cannot damage the mobs. Unfortunately, it's so random that I tend to forget about it until it happens again. I need to record myself playing so I can see which pillar it is, but it's been the source of all my deaths thus far as I require leech to survive.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  13. #13773
    Epic! Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darujhistan, the city of blue fire
    Posts
    1,725
    How rewarding are the new Expedition encounters?

  14. #13774
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    How rewarding are the new Expedition encounters?
    Only on white maps and haven’t gotten any log books yet but the expeditions seem to give pretty much nothing while mapping but the currently they drop can give you some really good stuff rather it be raw currency, lvl 21 20% gems or letting you craft some pretty nice things even at low lvls.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  15. #13775
    Fuckin lol, PoB update added new gems and confirmed that Absolution is hot garbage of the highest order.

    Out of morbid curiosity I tried to update the build for 5L HoP since PoB was showing that with far better numbers and...106% mana reservation even with the standard mana reduction reservation nodes. It's completely unplayable without the helm enchant/unique ring.

    I'm already close to packing it in. Not remotely interested in another character given that I'm not in love with this league and the overall changes made. They don't make the game unplayable, but the do make it less enjoyable.

    Maybe I'll see if it's functional when they drop the mana multipliers down on gems. Sure seems like that wasn't a change they did much testing around, because man did it feel awful across the board and like they shouldn't have even needed public data to tell them that.

    Really, really, really, really, really wish they'd move to a 4-month cadence, I still think the extra month that they had to work on Ritual really paid off in big ways.

  16. #13776
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuckin lol, PoB update added new gems and confirmed that Absolution is hot garbage of the highest order.

    Out of morbid curiosity I tried to update the build for 5L HoP since PoB was showing that with far better numbers and...106% mana reservation even with the standard mana reduction reservation nodes. It's completely unplayable without the helm enchant/unique ring.

    I'm already close to packing it in. Not remotely interested in another character given that I'm not in love with this league and the overall changes made. They don't make the game unplayable, but the do make it less enjoyable.

    Maybe I'll see if it's functional when they drop the mana multipliers down on gems. Sure seems like that wasn't a change they did much testing around, because man did it feel awful across the board and like they shouldn't have even needed public data to tell them that.

    Really, really, really, really, really wish they'd move to a 4-month cadence, I still think the extra month that they had to work on Ritual really paid off in big ways.
    Tell your boss you plan to cut gross income by 25% and see what he says. Because that is likely what a move from 4 to 3 leagues per year will do.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #13777
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Tell your boss you plan to cut gross income by 25% and see what he says. Because that is likely what a move from 4 to 3 leagues per year will do.
    I know the financial realities of it, but just look at this league and how they fully expected player dropoff, which likely results in lower revenue as well.

    I was speaking purely qualitatively, I think Ritual, even if the mechanic itself wasn't super exciting, was one of the best designed leagues they've done, largely due to the Maven update.

  18. #13778
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I know the financial realities of it, but just look at this league and how they fully expected player dropoff, which likely results in lower revenue as well.

    I was speaking purely qualitatively, I think Ritual, even if the mechanic itself wasn't super exciting, was one of the best designed leagues they've done, largely due to the Maven update.
    I agree that PoE needs more time per league for development but I wonder if it would have helped for the issues with this league.
    The problem here isn't bugs and not enough time to implement and test things. Its simply that the company has a vision for the game that conflicts with what players want.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  19. #13779
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem here isn't bugs and not enough time to implement and test things. Its simply that the company has a vision for the game that conflicts with what players want.
    I disagree to a point. There's definitely the "zoom zoom" folks and the folks that are happy to see PoE return to the more slower playstyle that it used to have, but I think there is plenty of extremely fair criticism that they didn't really take a lot of the time needed to really take a wholistic approach to slowing teh game down. So this patch is slowing down bits of it as they want to...and having those bits (like ailment immunity) conflict with how frequent and powerful enemy ailments are applied to players since they've been designed around immunity for years.

    Same goes for nerfing movement skills. The game and mechanics/bosses have been designed around players having tons of mobility, so while it's not always a killer the slower speed hugely puts you at risk of eating all kinds of short window telegraphs or on-death effects.

    Hell, look no further than the mana multiplier changes that absolutely gutted some builds like Spellslinger (6L just ain't viable no more) that are still fairly new skill gems, and how they're already toning it down. I agree mana should matter a bit more than it currently does, but they went to a bit of an extreme that makes me wonder how much actual playtesting they did with these changes, because it doesn't seem like much.

    And don't get me started on how uneven/poorly thought out some of the new skill gems are. Cool ideas, but some of the mechanics are severely limiting and the numbers just aren't there for many of them.

    I'm fine with them wanting to slow the game down. Hell, I've been talking about how I've hoped for that for a while now and how necessary it would be to support PoE 2 and us having access to multiple 6L skill gems. But I'm very much not a fan of how they're going about it.

  20. #13780
    This game already made me drop off by the time I started stepping into red maps because I just wasn't seeing myself progress enough to keep grinding. Looks like GGG made it worse for people that aren't streamers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •