The new Build of the week video

That's a sweet build,ranger specializing in shields with lightning shield and molten shell and a totem with detonate dead....just wander into a pack and watch them blow up.

Played my mates account, Amazing game the character customization is just incredible.

Deleted
    Yay, patch 0.9.11 is nao!

New patch is here
    And the patch notes are > Here <

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    New patch is here
    And the patch notes are > Here <
    Can't wait to play, Hope I ping well to the SG server.

from CMD Im getting 150 instead of 300 which is great.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    snip
    What I would give for that bow... But I probably don't have anything interesting for you.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-22 at 11:05 PM.

Can't say I enjoy the new skill tree. Very... directed. Feels more constrained and delays quite a lot of builds. :/

Sorta feel GGG is going back on their word to create a hardcore focused game.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 09:53 PM ----------

Also which bow?

I have 3 unique bows for trade and many other unique items....

Deaths harp.

My inventory is rather poor IMO but still getting use to items as currency and im only lvl 16.

Well here's a nice opportunity for those that don't have access to the closed beta yet...an other public stress test this coming weekend, go the the site and sign up.

http://www.pathofexile.com/

And here is the new skill board calculator http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Deaths harp.

My inventory is rather poor IMO but still getting use to items as currency and im only lvl 16.

Got a extra Deaths Harp if you want it, dont want anything in particular, names Smugface.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaruthar View Post
    Got a extra Deaths Harp if you want it, dont want anything in particular, names Smugface.
    About to leave for work so won't be on till later.

Lyriok is my shadow.

The skill tree is what gets me the most, all those options!
    I had no idea each class had their own skill tree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by maceron View Post
    The skill tree is what gets me the most, all those options!
    I had no idea each class had their own skill tree as well.
    They don't, you just start in a different place on the grid depending on which base class you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They don't, you just start in a different place on the grid depending on which base class you pick.
    Pretty much.

Ranger is on the right with all the Dex bonuses
    Witch is up on the top with Int bonuses
    Maurader is to the left with Str bonuses

Everything else thats inbetween is... well inbetween

Havn't seen it mentioned but characters from the closed beta will be reset to level 1 upon it hitting open beta, The only benefit we get is names reserved.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-24 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone knows approximatley how long it'll take to get into closed beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Anyone knows approximatley how long it'll take to get into closed beta?
    Virtually instantly if you purchase a starter pack...if your waiting for the random timer/picker...it could take a while, i was waiting months and never actually got an invite...i was very lucky to snag a code from someone that posted their invite a friend on the forums.
    Getting to the stage now though that it may not be worth forking over the cash unless you really want the pet kiwi as it is supposedly going open beta sometime in august...maybe a bit longer if the have more features they can squeeze in without taking to long.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well they do kinda have their own tree now with the changes...until you can escape the start part of the tree you are fairly limited to your choice of passives.
    once you've hit level 10 ish though your free to go wherever you want with your build

The addition of weapon swapping is rather nice. Always felt that was a needed "well duh" feature. However. I really, really dislike the new skill tree. Starting off a new character is so painful!

Not to mention the new tree broke some of my builds to point of unusable unless I gain ~5 extra levels and 73 regret stones to respec afterward. Kinda soured me from playing the game as I can't. No, I actually can't use some of my equipment or skill gems now. And again, I have to gain 5 levels out of thin air somehow.

Even with the closest gear set to my original gear; I lost ~800 DPS on my flicker strike, 16% of my resistances, 25% of my armor, %7 of my physical mitigation, 4% of my evasion and 10% movement speed. -_-

New tree is too restricted, too linear. HATE IT.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-25 at 03:17 AM.

The addition of weapon swapping is rather nice. Always felt that was a needed "well duh" feature. However. I really, really dislike the new skill tree. Starting off a new character is so painful!

Not to mention the new tree broke some of my builds to point of unusable unless I gain ~5 extra levels and 73 regret stones to respec afterward. Kinda soured me from playing the game as I can't. No, I actually can't use some of my equipment or skill gems now. And again, I have to gain 5 levels out of thin air somehow.

Even with the closest gear set to my original gear; I lost ~800 DPS on my flicker strike, 16% of my resistances, 25% of my armor, %7 of my physical mitigation, 4% of my evasion and 10% movement speed. -_-

New tree is too restricted, too linear. HATE IT.
    Sorry to be one of those guys and say it but...

Keep in mind it is beta and they do plan on apparantly focus on the end game. Give your input to them on the forums their actually a great team and take part in communicating with their community, I was talking to Chris briefly the other day.

I would give them my input but im only lvl 25 atm. Personally for me I find the tree better being a typical "Archer" build the bow abilities were moved in closer for me.

I already gave feedback on the new tree. Been in the beta for months and months now... feels like a year almost. I am aware of how this works. ;p

Technically, I can create a more powerful build than what I would have originally. Though the build is not viable for several levels due to passive delaying.

To wit~

http://tinyurl.com/csr47a9

I already gave feedback on the new tree. Been in the beta for months and months now... feels like a year almost. I am aware of how this works. ;p

Technically, I can create a more powerful build than what I would have originally. Though the build is not viable for several levels due to passive delaying.

To wit~

http://tinyurl.com/csr47a9
    Sorry, Hard to assume testers actually give feedback these days.

The weapon swapping is amazing and I can imagine how great it is for melee being able to have a sword and board and then a dps set to switch throughout a fight and even just to use another ability due to the socketing.

How is the marauder? Im yet to try it but I made which is ready to go as soon as I get bored of my Necromatic ranger shadow.

May have to go with an intended build tho because I see it falling off further into the game. The bow abilties are very close but what its lacking is survabilty which im getting from Energy shields and the talents to improve that are just out of reach. Melee is easy but Ranged will most likely be a problem later on.

Might make another shadow and go claws...
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-25 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting new video on the new passive skill tree remake for the next patch.

Not sure how I feel about this as it seems they made the tree too simple and delayed some builds to almost level 30. >.>

Kinda don't like the new player friendliness!
    Looking at that skill tree made my head explode. 1300 passive skills to select from? Holy skill tree, batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.