Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    jesus

this game

TOO MUCH lol

it seems like it would take countless hours to learn even one class. and i'm reading that respec in the game is too expensive to even consider?

where would one start to learn all the curves of the game
    It's fairly straight forward unless you want to try an exotic build, as for respecing(via orbs of regret) it's way to early to say it's to expencive...the game economy is limited atm with it being a closed beta...once it go's OB prices will fall eventually, not even mentioning what they may put in the cash shop.
    Even if you do fuck up you have 23 char slots and a shared stash to make leveling a new char even easier.

And you can always just go to the forums and pick one of the builds featured there. Some are really detailed.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    And you can always just go to the forums and pick one of the builds featured there. Some are really detailed.
    As an extension to this, I'd recommend looking up some of the popular / successful builds and thoroughly analyze it on the online skillbuilder. Go through all of the points picked and try figuring out the reasoning behind picking the points they did and try to apply that logic to your own builds in the future.

If that seems like too much work (I would understand if it does, it's just the way I work. :P) you should be alright if you just read what each point does and apply logic or common sense when picking (stuff like not picking spelldamage nodes, when going for melee attacks, etc).

Deleted
    Chillah 1 week race to close the CB.
    Got my ranger @ 23 atm, highest i ever got in HC mode lol.
    Hope i can push it some more without dying till the end !

Can't believe Simon died twice in this race. He's on his 3rd character now and still shooting for top 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone comes across a key or two I have some friends who'd love to play, but they're so skeptical about buying into anything it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If anyone comes across a key or two I have some friends who'd love to play, but they're so skeptical about buying into anything it seems.
    Let them wait a whopping 6 whole days then they can play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Let them wait a whopping 6 whole days then they can play.
    But I want my friends nooooooooooow lol

Only one more week until open beta. Been stocking up on food and water.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Most of those are geared to being powerful at higher difficulties while sacrificing power in the first stages of the game.

For a first run through I'd suggest ignoring that and going with a build that's more powerful earlier on. It's better to get a feel for the game first before starting powerbuilding characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Most of those are geared to being powerful at higher difficulties while sacrificing power in the first stages of the game.

For a first run through I'd suggest ignoring that and going with a build that's more powerful earlier on. It's better to get a feel for the game first before starting powerbuilding characters.
    But first stages of the game are pretty easy. So unless you are going for a HC/race char it's w/e imho.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post

It's kind of not an issue. The game is fairly easy in the first 2 difficulty modes, requiring no special strategy. Currently difficulty ramps up around Ruthless act 1- which would be Cruel act 3 in OBT.

There is more value in understanding how to efficiently travel the skill tree and run zones than building an uber powerful level 12 character.

10+ Year Old Account
    HD version of the open beta trailer btw:

876 beta keys left they are going fast as hell so get them while you can at MMORPG.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...-Giveaway.html

Keys are gone now. If I drop across any more I'll post them.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-19 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Strike out beta key link

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I really need to get a new mouse so I can start playing again. Got into the closed beta but my mouse died shortly afterwords, and playing it with a trackpad isn't the most enjoyable experience.

I'm getting the feeling there may not be enough server capacity at launch with so much positive exposure in the last few weeks....

I'm getting the feeling there may not be enough server capacity at launch with so much positive exposure in the last few weeks....
    It is a great game. First of games that I actually wanted to fund, but the payment options weren't for me. It captures the spirit of classic Diablo II ARPG without falling for the real money AH crap. The moneytrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It is a great game. First of games that I actually wanted to fund, but the payment options weren't for me. It captures the spirit of classic Diablo II ARPG without falling for the real money AH crap. The moneytrap.
    Same for me...but i took the plunge and funded them some...the US dollar payments only though sucked... payed them,then payed the bank for the conversion from pounds to dollars

Also they had 1700 keys given away in 5 hours the other day

Deleted
    I have a key for anyone that wants it

FR293-EN7E7-NZWJS-P3T3P

Enjoy the game but remember on Wednesday the ladders are getting restarted and game will become open to anyone!

Same for me...but i took the plunge and funded them some...the US dollar payments only though sucked... payed them,then payed the bank for the conversion from pounds to dollars

Also they had 1700 keys given away in 5 hours the other day
    Thing is, Paypal is a no go for me since they locked my account for no reason and now want to know literally everything about me before they unlock it again, so I won't. I've called them and mailed them, but they simply don't respond, so there's simply no other way than ignoring them and considering it a lost case.

A credit card is actually not a common good in the Netherlands, so we don't automatically have one and it needs to be formally requested. I actually requested one, but it's taking ages, so thusfar, I haven't been able to commit myself at all. The devs commented on allowing IDEAL at some point, but that point apparently hasn't come yet and that is going to cost them money

Deleted
    That's it. After looking at Azuri's video, I'm finally more convinced to play this game.

I loved Torchlight, and this kind of game is like TL and Diablo, so that's pretty good and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it!

And it's free!

I just hope that my laptop can handle it.