Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Neah, tbh it's terrybad codewise.
    Just out of curiosity. Do you know anything about programming, anything at all besides the generic keywords ?

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Neah, tbh it's terrybad codewise.
    No...If it is so "bad" why don't YOU show us your apparently awesome coding skills by coding an entire game that works better than PoE?...we'll be waiting

i havent played much yet but i think the game is going to be too confusing for new players that dont read up on it. Passive skill trees are fine but i dont see why we need to pick a class at the start when were just going to be getting all our active skills thru gems. I also dont like how some mobs are hard to click. Only played about an hr or so yesterday while i was cooking dinner, maybe shadow was the wrong class to pick but i didnt really like playing it. Might try the witch next.

Just lost a char @ lvl 18 on Hardcore. Not sure wether to continue or to start new one. I guess I'm just going to play through this char to 60 or so to learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    D3 was my first ARPG.
    Added to ignore list. ;D

On topic: I really didn't have any technical issues with Diablo 3. Logged in and played till they restarted the servers with no issue on launch day. No problems in CBT with POE either.

Obvs. I am aware it is a stressful time for POE right now. Even so, it is infuriating that I am behind on HC progression through no fault of my own.

Gonna level a SC shadow for a while. Get a feel for the new build before starting a more serious HC roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Even so, it is infuriating that I am behind on HC progression through no fault of my own.
    Seriously? Man I hope, for your health, that you're an 18 year old kid without a family :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    No...If it is so "bad" why don't YOU show us your apparently awesome coding skills by coding an entire game that works better than PoE?...we'll be waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Do you know anything about programming, anything at all besides the generic keywords ?
    We are getting pretty close to fanboy levels here folks. I like the game just as much as the next guy, but blindly defending every aspect of the game and making arguments such as "if the game is so bad why dont you make one thats better" doesnt help anyone.
    Control of your character and overall "flow" of the combat is not this games strength, its strength lies in the RPG mechanics, difficulty and endgame content.
    Lets also not forget that the game is made by less people than my highschool class had and that its F2P.
    Not saying that this game should be judged by lesser standards, but when you consider if its worth your time keep in mind that it doesnt cost anything yet offers thousands of hours of gameplay at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Seriously? Man I hope, for your health, that you're an 18 year old kid without a family :P
    Your post doesn't make sense. Why would it matter?

Even so, it is infuriating that I am behind on HC progression through no fault of my own.
    To be fair you're not that far behind, I screwed up at lvl 30 and was around top 500 with at the very least 30% dead ahead of me, and still a few top 50 that kicked it after I started over.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Your post doesn't make sense. Why would it matter?
    Because if he's a 22 year old with a wife and children, they will leave him if he takes this life that serious.

You know, thinking about this longer, yeah it probably still doesn't make sense. I was basically trying to say "don't be a retard" about the infuriating thing, in a nice manner, but I guess I just fail at saying anything at all when I try.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-24 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Control of your character and overall "flow" of the combat is not this games strength, its strength lies in the RPG mechanics, difficulty and endgame content.
    To be fair I'd say it's as good as any other ARPG on the market, at least between the once I played. Hell from my personal preference it's far better than D3 simply due to the fact that I can bind 'move' to mouse 1.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because if he's a 22 year old with a wife and children, they will leave him if he takes this life that serious.
    I guess I don't see him being as serious as you seem to think. I still see my 80 year old grandpa get annoyed at things. been married his whole life......

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I guess I don't see him being as serious as you seem to think. I still see my 80 year old grandpa get annoyed at things. been married his whole life......
    He gets annoyed at a little downtime in a videogame too ey? this life referred to ingame life.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    We are getting pretty close to fanboy levels here folks. I like the game just as much as the next guy, but blindly defending every aspect of the game and making arguments such as "if the game is so bad why dont you make one thats better" doesnt help anyone.
    Lets also not forget that the game is made by less people than my highschool class had and that its F2P.
    Not saying that this game should be judged by lesser standards, but when you consider if its worth your time keep in mind that it doesnt cost anything yet offers thousands of hours of gameplay at the same time
    No, it's just the form that is the issue here. There is no point talking about the coding when you haven't gone through the code. And this is not a programming forum anyway, so regardless of how experienced programmer you are or not it's like talking about sex with children. Most ppl here have no serious experience with coding, so it's better to talk about problems anyone can identify. Lag, disconnects, etc ...

On topic: I really didn't have any technical issues with Diablo 3. Logged in and played till they restarted the servers with no issue on launch day. No problems in CBT with POE either.

Obvs. I am aware it is a stressful time for POE right now. Even so, it is infuriating that I am behind on HC progression through no fault of my own.

Gonna level a SC shadow for a while. Get a feel for the new build before starting a more serious HC roster.
    I watched a bit of Kripp stream and one of the guys there disconnected every other map and still was 45+ or something Kripp was like wtf how did you get so high when you are disconnecting so often and reply was he just plays like he is going to disconnect at any moment. Needless to say my ranger specs tanky with alt+f4 at a ready.

No, it's just the form that is the issue here. There is no point talking about the coding when you haven't gone through the code. And this is not a programming forum anyway, so regardless of how experienced programmer you are or not it's like talking about sex with children. Most ppl here have no serious experience with coding, so it's better to talk about problems anyone can identify. Lag, disconnects, etc ...
    Fair enough, I fucked up my post a little.

I watched a bit of Kripp stream and one of the guys there disconnected every other map and still was 45+ or something Kripp was like wtf how did you get so high when you are disconnecting so often and reply was he just plays like he is going to disconnect at any moment. Needless to say my ranger specs tanky with alt+f4 at a ready.
    Having the same problem at the moment. Cant play because I disconnect every 5 minutes. Turned off skype, torrents etc nothing helps. My friends from the same city have the same problem. Everything else besides PoE works fine.
    I dont really mind because I'm not playing competitive, but as you can see some other people in this thread have a problem with it
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post

If you dislike thinking in a game, then I suggest you take a look Progress Quest. It might be right up your alley.
    I don't dislike thinking in game, but I prefer thinking AGAINST someone in competetive play, because this gives me a nice practise. I am too old (which mean's that I am 25 yo with alot of work + company stuff + friends + my own itnerests) and don't have time to waste it on thinking on imaginary skill tree. When I was 14-18yo, I had time for it and I did spend alot of that time back then on skill trees, builds, logistics etc. Now i don't. That's the reason.
    So back in my youth, I was on your side, now I am not, but I know to who is PoE targeted so pardon my point of view, I am not their target after all.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-01-24 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I don't dislike thinking in game, but I prefer thinking AGAINST someone in competetive play, because this gives me a nice practise. I am too old (which mean's that I am 25 yo with alot of work + company stuff + friends + my own itnerests) and don't have time to waste it on thinking on imaginary skill tree. When I was 14-18yo, I had time for it and I did spend alot of that time back then on skill trees, builds, logistics etc. Now i don't. That's the reason.
    Then this is not the game for you, by your own choosing as you prioritize other things which is just fine, doesn't mean others can't enjoy that experience (even us senior citizens that I must be apart of if you're old at 25).

Bbbbwhwhaha.

Married (+3) 7 years, no kids. Mid 30s.

If someone is actually experienced in these things they'd know family life is not some all time consuming endeavor by which one never has time or interest in anything other than child finger painting and/or tying your husband's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    To be fair you're not that far behind, I screwed up at lvl 30 and was around top 500 with at the very least 30% dead ahead of me, and still a few top 50 that kicked it after I started over.
    I am pretty far behind my clan/guild mates I play with regularly. At least at this point. Very frustrating last night to not play in a group as we had planned weeks ago.

I watched a bit of Kripp stream and one of the guys there disconnected every other map and still was 45+ or something Kripp was like wtf how did you get so high when you are disconnecting so often and reply was he just plays like he is going to disconnect at any moment.
    I have some time to catch up & get some hand me downs today. Maybe I can leech around cruel act 1 prison->CoW.

Though I do have a raid tonight and that cuts into POE time when my guild mates are most active. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Then this is not the game for you, by your own choosing as you prioritize other things which is just fine, doesn't mean others can't enjoy that experience (even us senior citizens that I must be apart of if you're old at 25).
    Still you don't really have to think about the skill tree much to start playing. The problem here is being too lazy to learn something new. Older ppl have problem with that. I struggle with it as well. Learning new technologies in work is like having to exercise. Needed but not much fun But it gets better after you start.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:29 PM ----------

I have some time to catch up & get some hand me downs today. Maybe I can leech around cruel act 1 prison->CoW.

Though I do have a raid tonight and that cuts into POE time when my guild mates are most active. XD
    There is always a chance that they will die

I am pretty far behind my clan/guild mates I play with regularly. At least at this point. Very frustrating last night to not play in a group as we had planned weeks ago.
    Yeah I didn't mean it was ideal in any way, more that the top was getting thinner and thinner by the hour. =)