10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I've bought weapon effects (I'm a sucker for a glow ) and a stash tab, but I'm not talking about the MMO-C crowd, who are generally good people.

I'm talking more of the unwashed masses, You've played F2P MMO's you know who I'm talking about.. THOSE guys.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye, I've bought weapon effects (I'm a sucker for a glow ) and a stash tab, but I'm not talking about the MMO-C crowd, who are generally good people.

I'm talking more of the unwashed masses, You've played F2P MMO's you know who I'm talking about.. THOSE guys.
    Hard to say what the % is, only GGG knows. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could give you a better answer, though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I haven't bought anything from the store but I do plan on buying atleast a weapon or a head visual effect, but not yet. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    Double strike Shadow class, I play this as my main.
    Thanks alot How is it playing? I mean, do I need any totems etc too for it? Hopefully not, because I hate pets/putting stuff on the ground besides typical D2 Necro:P

Deleted
    ive just switched double strike to dual strike as i cant level double strike up yet (too low level).. so far it seems better for in and out attacks even with a low level.

i think ill stay away from the group part until they add a group loot option (or i get stuck lol)

Piety isnt that bad at least as ranged - I'm running 40 Fire Resit, 50 Frost and like 70 Lightning... whenever she goes fire just pop quicksilver flask and kite until she switches phases and in lightning/frost phase just nuke.

Getting frozen in frost phase might hurt a little.

Haven't tried as melee (friend is leveling a templar to run with) but I notice he was getting wrecked on earlier spell mobs as his elemental resists were no where near mine

My ranger is mostly glass cannon but I did spend points on the elemental resist portion, helped out alot. Plus forked arrow with puncture modification just smokes any melee mobs before they get to me, Only level 37 atm but the difference between A2 and A3 was quite noticeable and the next tier looks to provide a decent challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    Do gems of the same type stack? I have 2 weapon elemental dmg gems in different sockets both giving me an increase of 67% ele dmg. Do i get a 134% increase or is just one gem working?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still using Double Strike on my 2H Templar, havn't been able to level it up for a while but it's still a huge damage increase compared to my strength based single target abilities.

Double Strike, Sweep and Enduring Cry/Immortal Call with standard +damage support is pretty much all I use , throw out some summons every now and then as fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Do gems of the same type stack? I have 2 weapon elemental dmg gems in different sockets both giving me an increase of 67% ele dmg. Do i get a 134% increase or is just one gem working?
    Are those support gems? Support gems only buffs up the spell of the gem they are linked to. Or is it an aura spell? I havn't picked up this gem yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Are those support gems? Support gems only buffs up the spell of the gem they are linked to. Or is it an aura spell? I havn't picked up this gem yet.
    They are support gems and no they don't stack...it'll choose the highest level one.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Because you are judging the developer not the game.

You should judge a game based on how it plays not who makes it.
    I don't think you understand what the term Double Standard implies. You are using it incorrectly.

The situation of Blizzard's Diablo 3 and Grinding Gear Games' Path of Exile are not similar or equal. Which has been flated stated by several posters here arleady.

- POE is free to play
    - D3 costs $60

- D3 was made by one of the wealthiest Developers in the industry
    - POE is made by an indie developer

- D3 is an established brand
    - POE is a new brand

- D3 was published by one the largest & wealthiest publishers in the industry
    - POE was self published and only available in hard copy by mail order

- D3 has a RMT auction house
    - POE does not have any sanctioned RMT

- D3 is based on streamlined gameplay systems
    - POE is based around arcane gameplay systems

There is no double standard. The situation, circumstance and even critique [as I pointed out earlier] are either in contra to one another or non existent in the respective games.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    So, you skip a lot of stuff in hardcore because of the loot and to get more xp faster, right?
    Yea.

I don't remember fighting a monkey in there but it was those weird, blueish grey creatures that have huge claws that walk on their arms and feet, either way, that boss was always using trap on me and I was snared all day.
    Well, mummy/monkey/dog creature. I don't know what they are exactly. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    My problem with PoE is that in higher difficulties, the engine needs to be able to handle "snappy" gameplay, which PoE does not do, nor is the engine capable of doing it.
    Is this an assumption of yours or an actuality?

Because I have played the game for over a year now and found the endgame & high level content to be fast and responsive regardless of build. Watching a stream right now, Nugiyen, and he is dodging and weaving lightning strikes, the dog fire attacks, popping quicksilver flasks and so forth.

This is my experience in the endgame as well. As a melee, ranged, caster, summoner and totem user.

There were times where enemies would flood the area and it would blue screen. . . . I didnt even know Windows 7 could blue screen. . . . . I havnt seen BSOD in over 5 or 6 years (Pre Vista).
    That is likely a problem on your end. Not the game's end.

Never crashed or BSOD'd in a year of POE. I play the game daily. I don't even logout/close the program some days. Just leave it running while I play other games. It's always snappy and stable.

Disconnection? Yes.

Hard crash? Never.

A few streamers have also shown POE gameplay while they raid in World of Warcraft simultaneously. Namely Kripparian and Cybrix.

Stability and response of the game seems rock solid for the majority of users. This is factually confirmed by perusal of GGG's forums where such issues are reported in the minority.

No. Only the highest level gem [same type] in a single gear piece is accounted for.

If you link Frenzy, Faster Attacks level 1, Faster Attacks level 2 and Reduced Mana Cost in a pair of gloves Faster Attacks Level 1 will be ignored.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-28 at 07:03 PM.

lol

kungen on his stream going on about how end game is wayyy too easy in group play.

http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

chat literally exploding in offense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I just noticed that he has no mana lol. I'm going to assume he can still use spells but with life, no?

And I just saw you going offline, if that was you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Thanks alot How is it playing? I mean, do I need any totems etc too for it? Hopefully not, because I hate pets/putting stuff on the ground besides typical D2 Necro:P
    I don't do solo runs as shadow right now, due to my silly gear and the fact that I'm really squishy But totems shouldn't be needed.

I just noticed that he has no mana lol. I'm going to assume he can still use spells but with life, no?

The talent Blood Magic removes your mana, and utilizes your life as a 'mana pool'.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    My problem with PoE is that in higher difficulties, the engine needs to be able to handle "snappy" gameplay, which PoE does not do, nor is the engine capable of doing it. There were times where enemies would flood the area and it would blue screen. . . . I didnt even know Windows 7 could blue screen. . . . . I havnt seen BSOD in over 5 or 6 years (Pre Vista).
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51323

helped a friend of mine with his BSOD's

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    lol

kungen on his stream going on about how end game is wayyy too easy in group play.

You shouldn't listen to Kungen for "expert" opinions ... he is a showman, not somebody to follow for advice The grouping may make the end game easier, but at the same time you still see lvl 80 players doing maps in groups almost dying to special mob combos. I think Kripp has a video when he gets to 100 hp in 2-3 seconds fighting a hasted lmp fire breather popping all flasks running away to save himself.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Yea, he is using Blood Magic. Which casts from life.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    lol

Kungen is a huge noob in POE. But I actually agree with him about the endgame. Especially the higher level Maps.

The game is heavily skewed to benefit groups more & more the higher you go up in the map tiers. Even before OBT, in closed, it took significantly longer for me to solo or duo a high level Map. But our guild could roll in there as a full party and chain clear like 12 68 Maps in under an hour.

Natch, I could faceroll low level Maps solo.

Think the party/no party disparity in the higher Maps could be better balanced. Or at least smoother. The highest level Maps are just too party skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That mob on the beach is Firefury, I believe.

Don't usually fight her on Hardcore. Typically HC players try to get to The Ledge around level 4. You skip all side quests and get there by lvl 4 or 5 asap.

There is a penalty to drops and xp for being overleveled. The goal in HC is to hit certain zones at various level points- Ledge, Coves, Fellshrine, Western Forest, Dead Thicket, Waterfall Cave 2, Sarn-C, Warehouse, etc.

You just skip a lot of stuff like Firefury, Chatters [prison mini boss] or Mud Flats Rhoa boss.

So its seems I fuked up
    I really like to explore maps when playing game first time, dont wanna skip quests/mobs.
    Im now at Ledge and Im lvl 8
    Also did some areas twice due DCes so this is also increase my lvl.

Im really gimping myself doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently level 13, just got the talent that converts evasion to armor. This is where I'm at right now:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...RBm43Tfu2D7g4=

As you can see, I don't have any talents in resistances yet. I'm considering ignoring the stun related talents and going for the resistance talents from the branch that starts with the attack speed talent: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...N-5-rtg-4O-TM=

With this modification, here's where I plan on ending up:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...4O707x9Pkz-vE=
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-01-28 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    So its seems I fuked up
    I really like to explore maps when playing game first time, dont wanna skip quests/mobs.
    Im now at Ledge and Im lvl 8
    Also did some areas twice due DCes so this is also increase my lvl.

Im really gimping myself doing that?
    You aren't gimping yourself. Take your time. In the end your own survival/safety is most important in HC. If playing softcore, just enjoy yourself.

There isn't a lot you do before level 50 that matters; just stay alive, stockpile currency, etc. At high level it all changes.