Deleted
    Currently lvl 45 awesome game but god damnit i hate loosing xp when i die (i'm terrible and die a lot )

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    About the layover map. I was a bit annoyed with it, as in better-lit areas, you don't really see the map well. Only yesterday I discovered...the cornermap!
    Click options->UI, enable corner map. Put it so that it's not transparent at all, and it really works wonders =)
    Hehehe yeah, I discovered the mini-map towards the end of my session last night, so I didn't have enough time to get used to it (keeped forgetting to look at it and kept hitting TAB to show the big map). But yeah, I think I'll be using that instead
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Just gave the game a spin yesterday as a Duelist dual-wield build and I'm liking it so far. It's got a nice difficulty level and most encounters feel challenging. I like that I can adapt my abilities on the fly to deal with certain enemies and can switch between straight up tanking mobs to kiting and bleeding/poisoning them. Hopefully they'll be able to get the servers sorted out soonish, but that's not a major concern. Lived with it in Diablo 3, can live with it here too.

Deleted
    I just play the game since a week. Made a Witch, skills on Minions, lvl31 and lovin it! It's realy fun to send 14 Minions into a room to clear it, me standing behind them buffing them and do some fire-dmg, stick down some firetraps if they might try to escape.

Just into act 3 now. It's good to see in Act3 things get a little bit tougher

Only part I realy dislike is that I dont have an opportunity to reset (all) my skills to rebuild the spec. I messed up at the start and I regret it now.
    Also, trying to find some good forums about this spec, but tbh, it's kinda hard to find a good one. Maybe someone has a good suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Let me introduce you to this thing called RL where you get much higher money/hour ratio than in any game. Enjoy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:57 AM ----------

To be fair Blizz is not above just copy&pasting what they see others do. They have a hard time coming up with new stuff, but they do know how to implement what others came up with ... PoE can only help D3.
    You didnt get what i meant, i was saying that items have 0 value. Everyone knows that having a real job = better money. But the excitement of playing and enjoying a game and having that small chance of getting something really valuable is nice. I have a casual friend who is very well off in RL and he found a crit/str mempo.

Basically what im saying is that i want the excitement of finding something RARE AND AWESOME. If theres no value to it then i see nothing being awesome honestly. I dont care if RL has better money..i just want the excitement of finding something awesome even if i never will.

Another thing i dislike is that the passive skill tree while being huge is meh at best. Too many passive stats and too less fun abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Managed to convince my husband to play today after I showed him the passive tree and explained how the crafting system and skill gems worked last night... he caved suprisingly fast considering I've been trying to get him to play something that's not league of legends for months :P Now I won't be forever alone, woot.
    Playing with more people makes the game way more enjoyable, imo. I've been going into public groups every now and then just for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I still need alot for my end-build; (Not hardcore, EU) Reduced mana, Phase run (Skill, did it make it to open beta?), Increased Duration, Faster casting, Greater projectiles and I think a few more, but thoes are the main things now - Especially Reduced mana support gem, so I can use it together with my aura's for a future lucky 4-linked item. Aura's take SOOO much of you're mana that I struggle with mana regen now under clarity, even trough I only use skils around level 8-10

Feel free to PM me anyone if they wanna trade on EU non-HC ;D Got some decent orbs atm that could be a fair trade for few gems. Also got alot off random, some good, gems.
    Phase run did not make it to open beta. As for the others, I'll take a gander at my stash. What is your IGN?

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    Only part I realy dislike is that I dont have an opportunity to reset (all) my skills to rebuild the spec. I messed up at the start and I regret it now.
    Also, trying to find some good forums about this spec, but tbh, it's kinda hard to find a good one. Maybe someone has a good suggestion?
    Now, this dosen't fly for all, but what I do for pretty much any game before I barely even started it, is that I plan ahead. I will google information, go to offical forums and look at youtube. Internet power is HUGE, cause there are always some awesome nerds that made a cool guide, video or gives tips on forums ;P Yes its very spoiler-like, but I like to know what I need to aim for before I play.

What you described sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wS4On23ko, havent seen the guide, but hey I know this guy is somewhat helpfull

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Another thing i dislike is that the passive skill tree while being huge is meh at best. Too many passive stats and too less fun abilities.
    I agree with this. The passive skill tree aint that amasing at all. As with ALL games there are always a "right way and a wrong way" - People will figure out the best stuff, and you will then copy it like a sheep.

What it does do however is give a little bit off depth and learning curve, witch can be fun. Also some talents can be taken now, and removed later as gear improves etc (Like DEX nodes for me).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Almost immune to inflation due to being consumable so in that respect it's far superior to gold, if they change how they stack and what not I have no idea but it's a minor inconvenience.
    I personally don't expect them to change stacking of these things. Now you'll need a decently sized stash if you accumulate many of these orbs, which results in some people buying stash tabs. They would be kind of shooting themselves in the foot if they made stacking to 99 or so (which I find fair enough for them considering it's f2p).

Rain of Arrows must be one of the most cool looking skills ever! =)

As a summoner, how important is it to level up my summon gems? There's so much about not leveling them being talked about in here, but even with talents, I must level them up some I presume?

I agree with this. The passive skill tree aint that amasing at all. As with ALL games there are always a "right way and a wrong way" - People will figure out the best stuff, and you will then copy it like a sheep.
    The point of a passive tree is to provide the user with choices, it's not made to be "fun", some enjoy and find the mental exercise to be fun but at it's core it's a means to customize based on play style, preference or just "to see if it works".

Really hate poor arguments against talent trees and that it's not "fun" or that "everyone will use cookie cutter builds" is really two of the worst.

You didnt get what i meant, i was saying that items have 0 value. Everyone knows that having a real job = better money. But the excitement of playing and enjoying a game and having that small chance of getting something really valuable is nice. I have a casual friend who is very well off in RL and he found a crit/str mempo.

Basically what im saying is that i want the excitement of finding something RARE AND AWESOME. If theres no value to it then i see nothing being awesome honestly. I dont care if RL has better money..i just want the excitement of finding something awesome even if i never will.

Thing is other ppl don't see the connection that awesome item = must have rl value. Awesome item is something super strong and/or unique that you find in the game. RL value has no bearing on how awesome the item is. And the talent tree is there so you can highlight your build, so you can make your build that supports your play style. Abilities come from different part of the game.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    As a summoner, how important is it to level up my summon gems? There's so much about not leveling them being talked about in here, but even with talents, I must level them up some I presume?
    There are some gems ( such as certain auras ) that become very mana intensive and can end up causing issues, especially if your mana regen / pool can't support it. Other than that, I believe you should level the majority of your gems.

Deleted
    It think you should level up your zombies and/or spectral(if you have that gem), but hold off on the skeletons because once you get Spell Totem, its mana will increase a lot and it won't help if you put the support gem Spell Totem, which pretty much summons skeletons for you for X time, it does your summoning for you pretty much and it increases the cost a lot but I don't really know how it works tbh, I just know it increases mana and that's why I think you should not level the skeletons.

Now, this dosen't fly for all, but what I do for pretty much any game before I barely even started it, is that I plan ahead. I will google information, go to offical forums and look at youtube. Internet power is HUGE, cause there are always some awesome nerds that made a cool guide, video or gives tips on forums ;P Yes its very spoiler-like, but I like to know what I need to aim for before I play.

What you described sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wS4On23ko, havent seen the guide, but hey I know this guy is somewhat helpfull

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:23 PM ----------

What it does do however is give a little bit off depth and learning curve, witch can be fun. Also some talents can be taken now, and removed later as gear improves etc (Like DEX nodes for me).

First you advocate following online guides etc, and then you diss the passive skill tree as being cookie-cuttable and call those who follow guides sheep.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    There are some gems ( such as certain auras ) that become very mana intensive and can end up causing issues, especially if your mana regen / pool can't support it. Other than that, I believe you should level the majority of your gems.
    I think you should hold of on non spellcaster gems, as I've understood it. As the damage of those gems are more reliant on your characters stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It think you should level up your zombies and/or spectral(if you have that gem), but hold off on the skeletons because once you get Spell Totem, its mana will increase a lot and it won't help if you put the support gem Spell Totem, which pretty much summons skeletons for you for X time, it does your summoning for you pretty much and it increases the cost a lot but I don't really know how it works tbh, I just know it increases mana and that's why I think you should not level the skeletons.
    Okok, but I never find this oo so revered spell totem. xD

Deleted
    Okok, but I never find this oo so revered spell totem. xD
    I heard it's pretty rare. :c

And it's good on all builds I believe.

Lol, what a fun support gem. If mobs die by this spell I get 30% increased rarity on drops. And it costs no additional mana.

Duping in PoE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVE6kvf6NtA ... how the magic happens

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    First you advocate following online guides etc, and then you diss the passive skill tree as being cookie-cuttable and call those who follow guides sheep.
    Oh, I'm a "sheep" aswell, sorry if the wording was a little bad. Why should I risk game-time that is wasted, when I could copy something that works, the first time I play a game? Thats what I mean. I really cheerish online communities and youtubers that dont mind sharing guides and the likes.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ah... Well colour me noob then , I was under the impression the act was finished, lets just put this behind us shall we...

Also am I just bad or are Witches summoned Zombies CRAZY weak at the start?
    At level 60 my current zombies have 5.8k hp, skeles are at about 2k i think. Loving my SC summoner, a few bits i group up for mainly because im too impatient to solo. Down side to a summoner is that with the current targeting system and the fact that you can have about 25 minions at max talents/items people get annoyed with us in some groups the meat shield value is amazing however.