Anybody know a good shield build/elemental damage build for templar? I'm getting awfully bored since I only played dual wield for probably a hundred hours and I wanted to branch out into something else now that I have shit loads of skill gems
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Anybody know a good shield build/elemental damage build for templar? I'm getting awfully bored since I only played dual wield for probably a hundred hours and I wanted to branch out into something else now that I have shit loads of skill gems
    This one works: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/57355

I tried in closed beta on a 67-ish Templar I re-rolled. The build can be rough to start. Would strongly advise you follow the author's path advice exactly. Where applicable, of course. Just use your brain to account for cbt/obt differences.

Because if you hit the dead levels on the way EB mid to late game, the build will be incredibly painful & frustrating. The flipside is that it actually works and pays off. Even in endgame.

Haven't done a shield build as effective to level.

One other caveat, gear. Any build that is based around heavy mitigation will need a higher gear threshold than other builds. Such as ES+CI builds, 1h/Shield, pure evasions and so on. They all need very good gear to be as effective.

There are also a number of Ranger and Shadow shield builds. With the 1h/Shield Shadow being very effective all around. While the shield Ranger is one of the toughest builds around. Much trickier to play generally.

Got a weapon that is 5 sockets total. 3 are linked (B-G-R), then 2 linked (R-R). Worth?

Got an armor that is 5 sockets and only 2 are linked (RRB, G-R). Worth?

Should I use my own Orb of fusing on either and try to get all 5 linked or is that just a waste of my orbs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a fun fight with Oak today. Ran out of health pots and had to kite him around that tent, LoS'ing him every so often so I could through down fire traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Call me awkward but the game fails for me because of the stupid running animations and the combat just doesn't feel like I'm hitting anything. I can see the strong points with customization and stuff here, but if the game looks and feels bad I can't enjoy it.
    im sorry but can you not respect a low budget game that has done incredibly well? would you rather a 10 million dollar game? if so go play D3

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Got a weapon that is 5 sockets total. 3 are linked (B-G-R), then 2 linked (R-R). Worth?

Got an armor that is 5 sockets and only 2 are linked (RRB, G-R). Worth?

Should I use my own Orb of fusing on either and try to get all 5 linked or is that just a waste of my orbs?
    never use any orbs at low lvl if you are at low lvl except for transmutations alterations and augmentations and maybe chromatic

using fusings on a 5 socket base white item is totally not worth it, you have to use about 100 fusings to get it 5 linked and the max socket is 6 and if you do get a 6 link and use it the mana cost on abilites would be sky high

Sigh.... really frustrated with the constant dysync issues and unexpected disconnections.... All I want to do is play the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by nitewarlord View Post
    im sorry but can you not respect a low budget game that has done incredibly well? would you rather a 10 million dollar game? if so go play D3

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:52 PM ----------

never use any orbs at low lvl if you are at low lvl except for transmutations alterations and augmentations and maybe chromatic

using fusings on a 5 socket base white item is totally not worth it, you have to use about 100 fusings to get it 5 linked and the max socket is 6 and if you do get a 6 link and use it the mana cost on abilites would be sky high
    makes sense. is it worth to trade for? I was reading that potential 5L/6L are quite expensive (voidmoon video I believe)

5L and 6L are expensive. Super expensive for 6Ls.

5 and 6 sockets, unlinked is whatever. Like you can buy that from the vendor.

Although 6 sockets, linked or not are still worth while. 7 jewelers at a min.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 04:58 AM ----------

Pohx has been in the POE community for a long time now.

The other day, he killed Vaal at character level 1. Bow Shadow.

Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-03 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Yup, Vaal is all about knowing how to dance, too mmo-ish for my taste.
    Prefer hard cockblocks like siren.

Deleted
    The game is currently in open beta, how is this going to work when they decide to release the final version of the game? will we lose our characters/progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The game is currently in open beta, how is this going to work when they decide to release the final version of the game? will we lose our characters/progress?
    No.

/tencharacters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    No.

/tencharacters
    Woot that's great then I might download the game. How does this game compare with D3 and Torchlight 2?
    Sorry I know these questions have probably been answered 5000 times but its a pain to read through 87 pages.

Pohx is an amazing streamer. The most helpful poe streamer out there. I hope he gets a lot more viewers, guy definitely deserves it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/..._auctionhouse/

Thoughts on the idea? Reminds me of lineage 2 trading with open stores. I think its a good idea, something between an AH and trade chat.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2013-02-03 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Woot that's great then I might download the game. How does this game compare with D3 and Torchlight 2?
    Sorry I know these questions have probably been answered 5000 times but its a pain to read through 87 pages.
    Entirely open to personal subjective opinion and comparing games is unlikely to end well as you have big fans for every single game :P

For me when describing this game to friends, I've told them it's closer to D2, to the oldschool ARPG not the newer breed of ARPG. Of course if you've only ever played D3/TL2 that's not going to help.

Deleted
    Almost downloaded it now, Any tips on what class to play first as a newbie to the game?

Worst part of Path of Exile so far:

Trying to get a bloody name that isn't already taken.

Compared to those I'd say it's by far superior, while it's highly subjective there are a lot of design choices and mechanics that outshines the once mentioned.

Deleted
    Almost downloaded it now, Any tips on what class to play first as a newbie to the game?
    What sort of playstyle do you enjoy? Do you like melee? Ranged? Offensive spellcasting? Summoning? There's so much versatility because it seems like every class can do pretty much everything since eventually you can reach all the trees and armor/weapons are just based on the stats that you build not class-based. I played summoner witch first but now I'm really enjoying lightning ranger... I found witch quite tricky as a first time player but I intend to go back to it because it looks like a lot of fun later on.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly they're all newb friendly however I promise you are going to likely F up your first char and re-roll like your first char is more of a what's going and understanding the mechanics of the game before you get on to it. You could just research first but that's no fun haha