Sigh, lost my level 61 HC char. =(

Can't decide if I should remake the same again or try summit else.

Does anyone know what I should ask for:

Summon Skeletons +11%
    Freeze Mine +14%

Some help would be very welcome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post

What were you playing and how much did you enjoy it?

Is there a site or so where you can see all the matching armors on the classes? Like in http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...ril/armorf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Jezus, this must have been since I left the game then, because I've never seen anything like it. I don't know about the current lvl 99's, but since I got my chars to lvl 97 on [HC] the old-fashioned way, I guess getting to lvl 99 is not exactly all that hard.

But gold never had value in Diablo II for as long as I played. Did that change as well?
    Yea, D2 didn't age well. Back the first 3 years of the games lifetime (I didnt quit play Diablo2 back then) it was maybe not so bot-infested, but now 95% off all baal runs once you're inn hell are run by hammerdin bots with top notch gear, so goes really fast and...automatic. I still think to this day that Diablo2 is the most bot-infested game ever, basicly every game you dont put a password on you get spammed first 5 mins of bots, and when you're inn the lobby bots are spamming aswell.

Anyway I dont see how bots could efficently play POE :& I find it to be rather hard lol. Nothing like Diablo3, where only bosses was the hard point (And anything after hell the first 3-4 weeks off the game somewhat ), but I guess we'll eventueally see bots inn POE to...:/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Xigor View Post
    What were you playing and how much did you enjoy it?
    ES fire witch and it's enjoyable, it's however my 4th loss (32,37,47,61) so...

Decided to re-roll it once more at least and slow down a bit in the high 50's and focus on gearing up more than I was with my last char(most likely reason for my death).

Excuse that I didnt read all 93 pages so I might not have a clue but.

Is it worth me playing this? I got invited to the beta on the 23rd Jan but think it was just for that day and I missed it. I just started playing Diablo 3 again and to be honest find it a bit boring, it doesn't have the challenge it had on launch and I could probably move on. I enjoy the playstyle as far back as Diablo 1, D2, Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege 2 etc, but I'm missing the challenge and bored of the lack of content in D3.

I know Monster Levels etc in D3 but all they do is add 4000000000000000000million health to mobs that still do less damage than they did at launch. In a short and unbiased opinion is Path Of Exile able to give me what I'm looking for?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Is it worth me playing this? I got invited to the beta on the 23rd Jan but think it was just for that day and I missed it. I just started playing Diablo 3 again and to be honest find it a bit boring, it doesn't have the challenge it had on launch and I could probably move on. I enjoy the playstyle as far back as Diablo 1, D2, Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege 2 etc, but I'm missing the challenge and bored of the lack of content in D3.

I know Monster Levels etc in D3 but all they do is add 4000000000000000000million health to mobs that still do less damage than they did at launch. In a short and unbiased opinion is Path Of Exile able to give me what I'm looking for?
    Judging by the way you describe yourself, I would say it's a good chance you will enjoy PoE. The first 15 levels will be sort of slow, but once you start gathering skill gems and support gems, you will definitely enjoy the game. And the skill tree is just candy. You can go anywhere with the build you specifically like, without being tied to a certain path.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEA

The game can be somewhat hard on normal and then ramps up in difficulty until you start crying
    Endgame difficulty is fluid, you can choose how difficult you want it to be
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

ES fire witch and it's enjoyable, it's however my 4th loss (32,37,47,61) so...

Decided to re-roll it once more at least and slow down a bit in the high 50's and focus on gearing up more than I was with my last char(most likely reason for my death).
    Soloing or grouping?
    Either way, I definitely agree on the slowing down part. I lost my first char at 51 by trying to rush it too much...

Soloing or grouping?
    Either way, I definitely agree on the slowing down part. I lost my first char at 51 by trying to rush it too much...
    Solo all the way.

Cheers for the replies, I will probably be playing solo. The difficulty of Diablo 3 Inferno pre-nerf originally was probably what many would consider "crying" unless you were exceptionally/unreasonably well geared, and to be honest I thought it was too hard at the time(though I beat the game pre-nerf, It was very frustrating).

But at the same time, that desperation of needing that 1 extra bit of gear just so that I can come out at 10 hp instead of being dead and then pull myself back out of it, that was the rush I got from playing D3 despite the frustrations, the challenge of gearing up to overcome and eventually be able to farm the content at that difficulty was what I enjoyed, and the challenge of simply reaching Diablo so that I could kill him, and though I thought I wanted it to be easier I quickly lost interest when suddenly I didn't need to play well or improve my gear in order to farm the game.

It felt like playing the game had lost its value or meaning because there was no fear of death, there was no worry that "I need that next bit of gear if I am to survive" and there was no feeling of accomplishment when defeating a challenge, because it was no longer a challenge.

Aside from that though, D3 just run out of content for me, If I can get that old difficulty level back of barely scraping through and desperately maximising with every bit of gear I can grab, combined with new and quality content. Well then POE is probably going to be great.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-02-04 at 12:17 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Soloing or grouping?
    Grouping with randoms in HC will most likely get you killed.

Deleted
    This game rocks !!!!

100% times better than Diablo 3

Ranger 23 juhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ^^

Dear skelly spell totem, there are no words for how much I miss you...

Deleted
    Dear skelly spell totem, there are no words for how much I miss you...
    God yeah. Level 31 was definitely a turning point on my summoner (:

RIP RIP RIP.

Now then .... how did you die ?

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    It felt like playing the game had lost its value or meaning because there was no fear of death, there was no worry that "I need that next bit of gear if I am to survive" and there was no feeling of accomplishment when defeating a challenge, because it was no longer a challenge.
    I love D3 but I know what you mean here, I think that PoE definitely has that which D3 doesn't. It is definitely challenging, and death is a serious risk. The added bonus is if you really want to challenge yourself, play on hardcore and your character is simply dropped to default league when you die, rather than be wiped.

Also, off topic, another gamer in Wales, happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I love D3 but I know what you mean here, I think that PoE definitely has that which D3 doesn't. It is definitely challenging, and death is a serious risk. The added bonus is if you really want to challenge yourself, play on hardcore and your character is simply dropped to default league when you die, rather than be wiped.

Also, off topic, another gamer in Wales, happy days
    On the other hand the game is more fair when it comes to HC than D3 is. You can log out way faster, you can port to city to refill your pots, you don't lose your character when he dies. I never started HC char in D3 because of how the game treats your avatar when you dc. It's like you have technical issues ? No worry we will force your character to stay in the game so he can die.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    RIP RIP RIP.

Now then .... how did you die ?
    Actually the same way my 37 died, the annoying stone throwers in 'The Cove' that gains frenzy charges en mass, not a one-shot but could just as well have been, 2,5k ish HP lost in a second flat.

I pushed to hard to get to act 2 and the ability to farm Fellshrine and suffered for it, should have stopped a bit to get my gear better sorted, live and learn(or die in this case^^).