Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I get scrolls of wisdom every other kill now, feels a lot more common than it did at level 5. Could just be perspective, I guess.
    As I understand it, orb and scroll drop chance is the same globally but you get a drop chance penalty if you outlevel the area, increasing the more you outlevel it. This is to prevent fast farming orbs by taking that level 50 toon to faceroll Act I normal.

Could be that you leveled up "too much" at first (easile happens if you explore a lot) and now you're sticking to your own level more.

To add more links, you have to use Orbs of Fusing and hope that it gives you that perfect link to every slot. On the other hand you could find it giving you suddenly 0 links. You'll likely go through quite a few to get all 5 together, you might have more luck with a six slot and trying to get 5 of them linked for example.

Gives you some idea on where you'll be using all your currency though!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's why I suspect the tree obfuscation in intentional. Because GGG could easily not have that happen.

Also before GGG bumped up the random factor on Act II areas in POE there were zones with far less trees/foliage. So maybe that was intentional too-- to make places like Dark Forest feel more cramped than in CBT.

Then there are places like the Thicket that can spawn relatively clear of trees or so many trees they are all-up-in-your-face. So to speak.

Just speculation on my part. GGG hasn't said anything about it that I know of. Only that they made some maps more "random". Obviously the engine can fade objects if so desired.
    Hm, good point. I also did notice the pathing between trees is very off along with mobs getting 'stuck.'

Now, this may be a stupid question but how exactly do you know when to upgrade? I have some very bad boots but they are four linked with the right colors so I've been using them forever. Tonight, I got unique boots with just a red socket so I used 8 fusing's, 4 jeweller's, and 12 chromatics to get somewhat similar sockets.

My DPS for my single target skill is 578 with this setup

Since I'm lacking the right colors and links, my DPS in these boots was like 435. I tried to use chromatics and messed it up more before I wanted to screenshot.

So, did I derp trying to create the perfect item at level 36? Did I just waste all those mats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    To add more links, you have to use Orbs of Fusing and hope that it gives you that perfect link to every slot. On the other hand you could find it giving you suddenly 0 links. You'll likely go through quite a few to get all 5 together, you might have more luck with a six slot and trying to get 5 of them linked for example.

Gives you some idea on where you'll be using all your currency though!
    Ah, thx.
    Used 3 already and all I managed to do is move one of the links around between slots, so I thought I was using the wrong kind of orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Quick question, got a 5 slot bow and only 3 links. Is there any way to add more links?
    There is no guaranteed way to add links but Orb of Fusing will re-roll all the links. You may end up with fewer links, the same number of links or more links which means you'll be spending a lot on the item before you end up with all 5 skills linked.

Also my build has finally started to come around but I'm still not sure on when to dip into Blood Magic. Is there a HP, regen, LL magic number to aim for?
    I've been doing just fine in hardcore going straight for Blood Magic. At first you'll lose life when casting but you can fill your belt with life pots and constantly drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I got wondertrap off Brutus in cruel yesterday too!
    Rigged

@jaakkeli
    That does make sense, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Siren is a damned fun fight, especially if you solo it.
    It's what a ARPG fight should feel like, enough with the MMO/ God of War telegraphing attacks or AOEs.

If I had to rank boss fights it would be Siren>Piety>Vaal.
    Really? I think Siren is the worst by far. She casts her spells far too often. Get max res and all you need to do is not get into melee with her and ZzzzzZZzzz your way through. Her second form is now even worse than before. Some classes barely have a chance to clean up the adds before she spawns new ones. Hitting her takes ages but isn't interesting, just extremely tedious.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I pretty must destroyed the game all though I still need to link in my OP bow and get to 100 other then that my char is perfect *maniacal laughter*

OP bow is OP Kekeke

8.5k frenzy DPS 6.6k with split arrow? Ridiculous haha!! /brag :P and all it took was me trading for hours /gouges eyes out It's like I bid on an exalted right then someone is like F YOU APATHY Exalted+6 chaos orbs

-.-

Oh and I made that bow from an alchemy best day EVER
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-07 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    I started a Witch recently and looted my first orange item straight off the bat from Hillock outside Lioneye

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I think orbs are global drops at any level with the same chance, to be hounest.
    You get a penalty on currency drops when you out level the content by two levels, it's quite noticeable difference if you over level for 20 levels as opposed to staying within those two levels for the same duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Well I pretty must destroyed the game all though I still need to link in my OP bow and get to 100 other then that my char is perfect *maniacal laughter*

OP bow is OP Kekeke

8.5k frenzy DPS 6.6k with split arrow? Ridiculous haha!! /brag :P and all it took was me trading for hours /gouges eyes out It's like I bid on an exalted right then someone is like F YOU APATHY Exalted+6 chaos orbs

-.-

Oh and I made that bow from an alchemy best day EVER
    oh god.. insane bow lol! incredible attack speed as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    ~snip~
    You know, I'm still jelly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Freaking archer mobs hurt a lot on Cruel

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You know, I'm still jelly...
    <3

I found this earlier as well I don't know what's It worth though friend told me like 3 GCP's

Lol look it the max damage on that haha

I'm still a little unsure if I'm going the right way about my gear choices.

I'm playing as a Shadow with bow, using split arrow+cold, fire trap, poison arrow and puncture.

I'm not extremely fond of evasion as a defensive mechanism, I much prefer energy shield. So I've been using as many energy shield gear pieces as I can wear given the int requirements. However, I've been spending my passive skill points almost exclusively in the +dex side of my tree. So I'm afraid that sooner or later I won't have the needed int required to wear higher lvl energy shield gear.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    mmm, just because the art is dark and gritty, does NOT mean it's 'poor art.'

It is just depressing, act2 is the saddest experience in my life.

do you mean that the art and environment is sad feeling wise or sad as in pathetic? lol, kinda confused
    Hehe I know that dark and gritty doesn't mean it's poor art, take a look at Warhammer Online, for me it's great and dark, for others WAR is poor:P But I love baroque, that's important. I love Disciples art, it's amazing. POE has "minimalism" dark, I need Baroque dark fantasy art style, like Warhammer or Discilpes (sometimes Tera) or at least Gothic fantasy (Diablo II, dunno if D3 is like that too), the rest is dull for me. That's what I want! I wan't best gear to be sickly decorated, so I can easily see who is wealthy and "the best". This is why I felt bad while playing Act II, I even had to play D3 a little becasue of PoE's Act II Btw, I mean "sad feeling wise". Music of the Act II is the saddest and dulliest music ingame I have ever heared. Act I songs, especially city music, was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I personally feel that Act I is depressing. Act II and III are glorious. Especially Act III surprised me beyond reason, since I hadn't watched any spoilers. A3 is really welldesigned. So far, anyways. Less of a feeling that we're just randomly running around in a forest or on beaches.
    For me Act I was great:P Dunno about Act III, havn't been there. Hopefully it is like Fencers has presented it

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Act III is Path of Exile at it's most Diablo 2-ness. Especially the final area, Lunaris Temple, where you fight Piety. Which looks like the Durance of Hate.

Diablo 2, Durance of Hate:

Path of Exile, Lunaris Temple:

Love the sound design in Lunaris Temple too. The creepy music, the ominous groans, the screaming / wailing of tortured souls in the background. The drip and slosh of blood.

Intense stuff. That's how it felt going in to Hell or leaving Pandemonium in Diablo.

I really enjoy the darkness and claustrophobia of Act 2 in Path of Exile. It has elements of Diablo 2's third, fourth and fifth acts; dank jungles, ruined catacombs and underground passages beneath the earth.

This game is spectacular in the same atmosphere of the original Diablo games! *

* Honestly, if I could still see Diablo 2 clearly I would play it all day long every day till I die. Probably my favorite game ever.
    Me too!! D2 forever! Hopefully I will get to the Act III fast, but still I will have to deal with that Act II on next chars and higher difficulties D2's Act III was dark, it was a sick jungle with ton's of mercilles and abberrant fetsishes and that trees. It had that daemonic forest atmosphere, which I love. And here is another fact, why PoE is poor for me: Act II feels like going back in time +100k years and fight cavemens...not for me, never.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-07 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    And here is another fact, why PoE is poor for me: Act II feels like going back in time +100k years and fight cavemens...not for me, never.
    Let me the this right, if the mobs had been other than half naked jungle type men you would be fine with it?

And not all of Act 2 is jungle, to be fair I spend very little time in those parts my self while leveling as I hate the poo flinging monkeys with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Let me the this right, if the mobs had been other than half naked jungle type men you would be fine with it?

And not all of Act 2 is jungle, to be fair I spend very little time in those parts my self while leveling as I hate the poo flinging monkeys with a passion.
    If the mobs have been other than half naked jungle type men, I wouldn't be fine with it, because there are still those monkeys trowing poo or stones. This is, at least for me, beyond me and very infantile and uncreative. But for each to their own, one may say the same about my Baroque dark fantasy:P

If the mobs have been other than half naked jungle type men, I wouldn't be fine with it, because there are still those monkeys trowing poo or stones. This is, at least for me, very infantile and uncreative. But for each of their own, one may say the same about my Baroque dark fantasy:P
    Fair enough, I shall just take in to consideration that you are very specific in your needs as a player.

If the mobs have been other than half naked jungle type men, I wouldn't be fine with it, because there are still those monkeys trowing poo or stones. This is, at least for me, beyond me and very infantile and uncreative. But for each to their own, one may say the same about my Baroque dark fantasy:P
    You are just searching really Looking to find things that don't agree with you. Which is fine. You don't have to like it. Monkeys throwing objects, so infantile, would never happen in real life :P