The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Well, finally inn merciless now. Any point to rush it, or just straight to some farm spot like Ledge, felshrine ruins or some act2 place inn a forest?

Also, are resistance as important as inn Diablo2? I renember it made a huge difference, cause right now I belive I got all minus res.
    Yes resistance is important like you will be dying left to right if you don't have any and I do mean literally like you will be so god dam frustrated getting 1 shoted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Yes resistance is important like you will be dying left to right if you don't have any and I do mean literally like you will be so god dam frustrated getting 1 shoted
    Glad I moved to invest in some resistance talents on my duelist then.

Also, I started a summoner witch, and I'm noticing a marked increase in survivability over my other characters. Liking it so far.

Game is going softcore / fluffy bunnies. Valentine's Day fluff in cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahah that Valentine's weapon effect is epic MUST buy
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Game is going softcore / fluffy bunnies. Valentine's Day fluff in cash shop.

Um, this is the opposite of fluffy bunnies. It's more like Monty Python bunny.

isn't 20% movement speed out of the norm? what would these go for

Players are no longer attackable by monsters when changing areas.
    This should save some lives

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

isn't 20% movement speed out of the norm? what would these go for
    It can go as high as 30% at least from what I've seen.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Im thinking of going Righteous fire/Anger/Moltencore/Flammable/Vigor Templar, and work on increasing buff duration. I feel like that build would make me a nice aoe tanky, and give me some sweet single target/dot dps on bosses. If that build doesent work out I can stick to lighting strike/lightning shield Templar.

There are also two things we remembered about recently that it turns out many advanced players don't know! They've been in the game for ages, but they were undocumented. The first is that you can hold alt (or whatever highlight key) while hovering an item in the trade screen to see its item level. The other is that you can hover over an item with the mouse cursor and press Ctrl+C to copy its properties into your clipboard.

-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114858/page/1#p1123661

About the ilvl, not sure why they just don't add it in the tooltip permanently...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright got this linked finally this took aprox 53 fusions and yes I tally stuff don't ask why

Now to recolor it to G G R R B so far I've used about 102 Chrom jewels I predict this will be around 300-400

-.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright got this linked finally this took aprox 53 fusions and yes I tally stuff don't ask why

<snip>

Now to recolor it to G G R R B so far I've used about 102 Chrom jewels I predict this will be around 300-400

-.-
    Nice link combo, gl on the color combo now. I love the crafting in this game nothing worse then getting a potential good piece of loot that goes to the vendor thanks to crappy stat RNG and rigid game design that won't allow this type of customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but <inserts really rude and completely unconstructive comment here>. Thanks for sharing I guess? :P
    Your very welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    There are also two things we remembered about recently that it turns out many advanced players don't know! They've been in the game for ages, but they were undocumented. The first is that you can hold alt (or whatever highlight key) while hovering an item in the trade screen to see its item level. The other is that you can hover over an item with the mouse cursor and press Ctrl+C to copy its properties into your clipboard.

-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114858/page/1#p1123661

About the ilvl, not sure why they just don't add it in the tooltip permanently...
    Yeah, that reminds me. The UI for buying and selling stuff is crap. You have to click and drag gear from or to the vendor's inventory, instead of having a shift-click type hotkey for it.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Joxi5MM.png[IMG]

-.-
    I don't know what "fusions" or "crimson effect" are, but I still want that bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, that reminds me. The UI for buying and selling stuff is crap. You have to click and drag gear from or to the vendor's inventory, instead of having a shift-click type hotkey for it.
    Ctrl click the item you are selling...the buying still sucks though

Deleted

Yes there is, ctrl+click.
    Crimson effect is from the cashshop.

Deleted
    One of the better known ARPGs out there deals with desync in a way that we believe contributes to the lack of challenge in the game (you pretty much ALWAYS hit)
    One of the GGG devs typed this on a recent post.
    Desync is a major problem with PoE but kind of defending its existence in order to preserve the challenge ...

Its also bad that he says that Diablo 3 lacks challenge ... maybe they havent seen Inferno mode in all its glory. The Inferno mode was greatly nerfed but it still is challenging if u dont outgear the content.
    The need to nerf it was an atempt to catter to the more casual crowd since it is those who bring the money to the game. They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...

Anyway i just hope they dont start having illusions of grandeur.
    Last edited by mmoc349aaf9315; 2013-02-08 at 01:37 PM.

Fusions ar a misspelling on his part...he means orbs of fusing, and the crimson effect is a cash shop weapon effect i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Indie devolper. They don't have a huge workforce or shareholders to deal with. They can keep the game niche for the hardcore ARPG players.

Interesting note the game is f2p and they generated almost $3 million during closed beta support from the fans. Since their staff is so small that's a sizable chunk of change before even going to open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Its also bad that he says that Diablo 3 lacks challenge ... maybe they havent seen Inferno mode in all its glory. The Inferno mode was greatly nerfed but it still is challenging if u dont outgear the content.
    The need to nerf it was an atempt to catter to the more casual crowd since it is those who bring the money to the game. They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...

Generally speaking, D3 does lack challenge. It is a straightforward and simple ARPG the lacks any real depth and is a great introductory game for people who have never played an ARPG before.

As for GGG, I think they said they made $2.6mil from microtransactions last year, which allowed them to grow their team and make the game even better. So I wouldn't say that the hardcore gamers aren't willing to support a game they enjoy. And as for illusions of grandeur, they're no Bioware , they seem to be very grounded.

On another note, I got my DW EleHit into Lunaris before I had to run to work today. That big brute creature hits like a freight train! I had to skip him or he would have killed me for sure. I'm at 60%+ ele resist, so I'm hoping that is enough for Piety. I'd really like to get a few levels so I can grab some nearby HP nodes, but I'm already 1-2 levels over the map level, so I may just give it a shot.

I also have an LMP, Fork, Ice Shot ranger that just hit Act 3. Very impressive, though she could use a Clarity, especially when I swap LMP for GMP.