10+ Year Old Account
    Have to remember to stop reading comment sections. A lot of people in there getting defensive over that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Ranger passive tree" doesn't really mean anything. Are you asking for a Ranger bow, two-hand melee, 1h/shield melee or caster build? Elemental bow or physical bow? Melee elemental or physical?

I don't know what you are asking for. >.>
    Oh right, i meant for ranger bow, i was thinking of elemental bow, but then i said meeh and i'll stick to physical bow. Also, which gems should i pick up, currently i have Lighting Arrow, Rain of Arrows, Puncture, Poison and lastly Split Arrow.

Which is would you recommend? Elemental or Physical?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Oh right, i meant for ranger bow, i was thinking of elemental bow, but then i said meeh and i'll stick to physical bow. Also, which gems should i pick up, currently i have Lighting Arrow, Rain of Arrows, Puncture, Poison and lastly Split Arrow.

Which is would you recommend? Elemental or Physical?
    Elemental damage is pretty nice, but physical works fine too.

Elemental bow by the current #1 ranked player and previous winner of the hardcore races, Nugiyen. Link.

Probably the best balance build for a Ranger. Shadow would do more damage, Templar would be more sustainable and tanky earlier.

Nugi's build splits the difference.

Frenzy for single target, Lighting Arrow for aoe.

best unique in the game

Deleted
    In between levelling my Summoner and Marauder, I have been thinking about a more 'faster gameplay' character.
    Something with a lot of attackspeed. I have been reading about Invalesco's shadow build, but was more thinking about a bow-using character.

My questions:
    - Is it 'viable' to concentrate mostly on attack-speed?
    - Which other stats should I be looking for (except for defense), when I'm going for attack speed?
    - Does anyone have any tips/builds from which I can draw inspiration? I found one guide, called Frenzy Princess and a general information thread (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224) on the path of exile forums, but I thought I'd ask here too, as more opinions are always nice

Thanks a lot for your time!

Edit: additionally, yesterday I managed to get to the gemling-queen on act3 merciless. According to the wiki, this should now give me a portal to the laboratory for maps...however, no portal appeared. Is there some other requirement that's not noted anywhere? (I did get the spool for her, but didn't collect the items in the sewers yet, nor did I kill the general)
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-02-12 at 03:05 PM.

Elemental bow by the current #1 ranked player and previous winner of the hardcore races, Nugiyen. Link.

Probably the best balance build for a Ranger. Shadow would do more damage, Templar would be more sustainable and tanky earlier.

Thank you fenc.

Deleted

Why is he not using extra Frenzy charges, I don't get that.
    I'm sure he hot frenzy charge as a reward from merciless bandits, and he' so close to those 2 frenzy nodes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 81 took a god dam day well it didn't help I died to Dysync TWO times -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Why is he not using extra Frenzy charges, I don't get that.
    I'm sure he hot frenzy charge as a reward from merciless bandits, and he' so close to those 2 frenzy nodes.
    Extra frenzy charges are not really that good. If I remember correctly, 1 charge is only 4% bonus attack speed. Not worth it to spend points to get more, except maybe if you're melee and you have 4% bonus evasion per charge as well
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Extra frenzy charges are not really that good. If I remember correctly, 1 charge is only 4% bonus attack speed. Not worth it to spend points to get more, except maybe if you're melee and you have 4% bonus evasion per charge as well
    4%? That a joke haha mines 17% per stack the 20% Quality adds another 4 why do you think my DPS is so god dam high because I have 7 charges + Super high level on the gem

5 is when it gets ridiculous and the extra IAS from gear itself and the bow makes it godly.

Example all though my DPS is actually 11.9k atm this is what happens if I ever choose to 6L it which is probably never due to reading that thread THANKS A LOT OF LAG

My AoE which is Split arrow and Rain of arrows are 6.5k now say if the person isn't a core frenzy build and isn't building around IAS as top priority to link it with the frenzies then yeah It f'ing sucks
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-12 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    My AoE which is Split arrow and Rain of arrows are 6.5k now say if the person isn't a core frenzy build and isn't building around IAS as top priority to link it with the frenzies then yeah It f'ing sucks
    Well yeah, we were talking about a LA elemental ranger,

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be building one next all though I'm torn to do this Witch spear totem OP Cold frost build.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-12 at 04:49 PM.

I like the idea of daggers rolling spell or melee. Very cool.

In practice? Daggers rolling spell or melee is garbage.

Working on a dagger/shield shadow. Pretty frustrated with the huge affix table for daggers. SIGH

Deleted
    Even so sigle target main is Frenzy and those orbs look awfully tempting, at least one for just 2 points. You'd get a total of 5 if you pick frenzy charge on bandits in merciless.

Could be Nugi values survivability more than damage. So the choice between a Life node & extra frenzy charge is weighed more toward Life. At least that is what I suspect given Nugi only plays hardcore & events. Also his "I'm a whore for Life nodes" comments in the past.

Can ask Nugs right now: http://www.twitch.tv/nugiyen

10+ Year Old Account
    Life nodes are pretty great. I've been able to facetank all but two bosses so far, including Piety the first time you fight her in the Crematorium.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Life nodes are pretty great. I've been able to facetank all but two bosses so far, including Piety the first time you fight her in the Crematorium.
    I'd be able to do that if my resistances werent in the gutter and if I had more life on gear. 172% increased life, still only 2k total
    And all resistances sub 50% on merciless. But at least I can grind by having skeletons tank for me. As melee I'd be fucked

10+ Year Old Account
    So I installed this last night. Havent had the chance to fire it up, but I heard if you are a long time D2 fan you will enjoy this. Any advice for starting out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    So I installed this last night. Havent had the chance to fire it up, but I heard if you are a long time D2 fan you will enjoy this. Any advice for starting out?
    Read a guide is all I'm going to tell you if not expect to be frustrated into future difficulties to the point where you find a guide and re-roll as that char.