Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    sly bastard making a thread because he had taken the name in the time he was raging and trying to extort currency from him :P
    Heh, that's actually funny, props to him!

Damn this game is addictive...I think my performances at my job are dropping ^^
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-02-15 at 10:39 AM.

I really fell in love with Lightning Strike, so I'm changing the course of my Templar that originally was supposed to be built around Elemental Hit. I also picked up Tempest Shield and plan on using that, so mostly a lightning-melee-tank type of character.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...MG51IZ19lfVEk=

My main concern is; I hate missing attacks, so I picked Resolute. But I'm losing out on some sweet crit-related passives. Is it worth it!? *pulls hair*
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Interesting. I've not messed with EK too much, how did that seem to play out for you? Well, apart from the dying part. Seems like it would be decent AoE, but I never thought the damage would be enough by itself, even with SkellTotem.
    EK is one the better scaling spells in the game. Damage is terrific at higher levels. Being a [u]physical spell[u] means EK scales with phys and spell mods/items.

Skeleton totem is only used as defense/escape mechanism.

The time devotion required to play a game like this is too much for me. I had to quit D3 cuz it made my eyes bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started my first HC char, and I could use some general tips, and I have a couple specific questions too:

Should I do sidequests/areas? Is there a generally used "leveling route" i.e. this area until level x, then get to that area to level y etc.?

Any helpful tips are also appreciated, just don't tell me to subject myself to the public grouping :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    My main concern is; I hate missing attacks, so I picked Resolute. But I'm losing out on some sweet crit-related passives. Is it worth it!? *pulls hair*
    Crit nodes are pretty bad unless you make a specific focus of collecting both crit chance and crit damage modifiers and doubly bad for strength melee builds since they'll also need to collect accuracy nodes or take RT (eliminating crit). They kind of have to make it that way since crit nodes synergize with themselves so stacking them would be overly good if individual nodes weren't balanced to be sucky.

If you want to be at all tanky taking RT is pretty much the only economic way to maintain good damage while picking up defense nodes. Besides that, crit gets dangerous at later levels with damage reflect mobs, so for hardcore players RT is also a survival benefit...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whew been trading for like 4 hours or something dumb -.- It's a horrible time trying to get a couple of exalted for a Wake of destruction which will yield me 18k DPS :P

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Crit nodes are pretty bad unless you make a specific focus of collecting both crit chance and crit damage modifiers and doubly bad for strength melee builds since they'll also need to collect accuracy nodes or take RT (eliminating crit). They kind of have to make it that way since crit nodes synergize with themselves so stacking them would be overly good if individual nodes weren't balanced to be sucky.

If you want to be at all tanky taking RT is pretty much the only economic way to maintain good damage while picking up defense nodes. Besides that, crit gets dangerous at later levels with damage reflect mobs, so for hardcore players RT is also a survival benefit...
    Hmm, you're right (why didn't I think of that).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Just started my first HC char, and I could use some general tips, and I have a couple specific questions too:

Should I do sidequests/areas? Is there a generally used "leveling route" i.e. this area until level x, then get to that area to level y etc.?

Any helpful tips are also appreciated, just don't tell me to subject myself to the public grouping :P
    - Do the side quests in normal difficulty as... normal.

- Farm an area till the effective XP gain is about 80%. Aim to farm: ledge, coves, fellshrine, broken bridge, western forest, sarc city, sarn docks and barracks. Till you can rofl-stomp the actual quest areas.

- Avoid crit builds

- Get tons of Life and then get more life along max resistances.

- Get a lot of life.

- If it looks like a bad situation and you are not 100% you can clear the area blindfolded; leave. Go back to a weaker area, farm more.

- Only do side missions in cruel+merc when you need to or can safely roflstomp the area.

- Get loads life, resistance and armor. Just like /tons/.

HC is just about playing safe. Upgrades in POE can sometimes be slower than D2/3 so the gear wall is sometimes unfair for a long time. The game is also designed to sort of "cheat" you as there will be lose-lose situations occasionally. Run away.

Scrubcore is full of Hardcore heroes that thought they were "fine".

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Fencers. Re-planning my build atm, going for a Duelist simply because there aren't many of them. Yes, I'm a stubborn masochist :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Duelist isn't any worse than other classes if you don't get stuck in their horrible starter area. Like if you go immediately left or right from either starter node, you're okay for the most part.

Hey Fencers, any opinion on the following Duelist build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...4CcRRSZU0YkbT5

Decided to give shield a whirl as it seems to make a lot of areas almost a joke for incoming damage, but as a melee Duelist, would it be preferable to focus on dual wielding in the long run and instead stacking dual wield block?

Looks good.

Though consider my revisions: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...MpLhRN8B8CcaIA

Yes, I posted the long arse link. Deal.

Your build stats:

My revision of your build:

Just started PoE and I got one major question to ask.

Please tell me the Endgame stat setup isn't like D3 aka Stack crit-hit/crit-damage with ether LoH or LPS.

That was one thing that got really annoying. My first toon I kinda want a tank setup aka High hp/Defence so i can just stand there and beat mobs silly.

Or a Duel Wield type of toon.

Also to add I plan to play softcore for awhile until im use to it then maybe hardcore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just started PoE and I got one major question to ask.

Please tell me the Endgame stat setup isn't like D3 aka Stack crit-hit/crit-damage with ether LoH or LPS.
    It isn't.

There are no "best" stats across the board other than life. Tons of life because the endgame is throws more damage at you than you can handle otherwise.

In hardcore, crit is fairly well frowned on. As it is common to kill yourself on a crit due to global dmg reflect on the mobs during endgame.

D3 is set up for you to win, eventually.

POE is set up for you to lose, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It isn't.

There are no "best" stats across the board other than life. Tons of life because the endgame is throws more damage at you than you can handle otherwise.

In hardcore, crit is fairly well frowned on. As it is common to kill yourself on a crit due to global dmg reflect on the mobs during endgame.

D3 is set up for you to win, eventually.

POE is set up for you to lose, eventually.
    That's good because that is one thing I really hated in D3.

PoE seems fun figured I would play it until Marvel Heroes and Neverwinter comes out.

Seems ether I'm going to make a Marauder or Duelist first.

Edit: Besides the huge amount of damage near the end like you where saying is there any major bugs or would you say its a smooth beta so far.

Not saying that damage is a bug.

Last game I beta was down right bad even to this day "not saying the game name don't want to game bash" so beta's kinda scare me now. lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-16 at 07:07 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Pretty smooth. Nothing too major for bugs. The devs patch and hotfix pretty quickly.

Desync with fast movement skills is still an issue. Probably the longest ongoing issue. Supposedly it is worse European servers than North American servers. Though I only heard anecdotal claims to this effect. I play on NA and it happens to me from time to time. No idea how bad it is for European gateways.

Occasional disconnects. But they seem to be less & less now that the servers have "settled"

Other than that, pretty enjoyable. 100%-no-bullshit, free to play.

Pretty smooth. Nothing too major for bugs. The devs patch and hotfix pretty quickly.

Desync with fast movement skills is still an issue. Probably the longest ongoing issue. Supposedly it is worse European servers than North American servers. Though I only heard anecdotal claims to this effect. I play on NA and it happens to me from time to time. No idea how bad it is for European gateways.

Occasional disconnects. But they seem to be less & less now that the servers have "settled"

Other than that, pretty enjoyable. 100%-no-bullshit, free to play.
    awesome. I did a "http://www.systemrequirementslab.com" check to see if I could run it decent from what it shows its min-requirement is really low "p4 processor" 2gig ram ect...

So in your opinion how well do you think my setup will run it.

My Computer Spec Is
    Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600
    Video Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6450 1GB DDR3
    Resolution: 1280 x 1024.

Also to add how fun are the boss fights. That was the one thing in D3 I did enjoy I just didn't stand there and hit it until it was dead I had to move and dodge things a little and some having different phase's was neat.

To add I do plan to get a Quad core processor sooner it later but it will be awhile before I can.
    Also like making videos using fraps.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-16 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    awesome. I did a "http://www.systemrequirementslab.com" check to see if I could run it decent from what it shows its min-requirement is really low "p4 processor" 2gig ram ect...

So in your opinion how well do you think my setup will run it.
    I don't really think I can help you with system spec stuff. If you can run D3 you should be able to run POE though.

Playing in parties might suck for you though. The spell effects are flippin' nuts. Can't see a damn thing.

Also to add how fun are the boss fights. That was the one thing in D3 I did enjoy I just didn't stand there and hit it until it was dead I had to move and dodge things a little and some having different phase's was neat.
    Boss fights are okay. This isn't really an ARPG with an emphasis on bosses. You mostly farm general mobs/areas.

Bosses have rather simple mechanics. Not too interesting. Toughest is probably Vaal Oversoul, but its just a lot of dodging really.

Think Diablo 3's boss fights are far more spectacular and intricate. But that's just my opinion.

I don't really think I can help you with system spec stuff. If you can run D3 you should be able to run POE though.

Playing in parties might suck for you though. The spell effects are flippin' nuts. Can't see a damn thing.

Boss fights are okay. This isn't really an ARPG with an emphasis on bosses. You mostly farm general mobs/areas.

Bosses have rather simple mechanics. Not too interesting. Toughest is probably Vaal Oversoul, but its just a lot of dodging really.

Think Diablo 3's boss fights are far more spectacular and intricate. But that's just my opinion.
    Cool cool.

Just started playing a min ago got everything up but shadows and im pulling around 40-45fps even while fighting but I'm just in the starter zone.