I'm happy full respec isn't in it from the base. If they add it to the store, good for them, but I like coming up with multiple characters and getting them to the point where it is viable myself, instead of going for an OP build between level 1-60 and then switch to a build that's OP from there on. That has always been an issue with respecs. Just like Leveling in WoW vanilla as a protection warrior..something I did, but many just went arms (or berserker, cant recall) and paid the respec at the end. To me, that's taking the point out of the game.

On the other hand, I wouldn't oppose a dual or multi-spec principle, but I guess that would take away the point for the devs to sell character slots to begin with.

Well, GGG have said they are thinking of adding a full respec option for a large amount of currency. It was in the Q&A Chris did with Kripparian. Mostly a convenience gesture as a wealthy high level character can full respec as is currently.

So that is on the "maybe" list floating around GGG just like player set loot rules, permanent always-on PVP realms and gender swap for classes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crew: Kay Apathy your job is to enfeeble everything k so we don't get 1 shot
    Apathy: ...
    Everything goes smooth until we get to ''Oak The Mighty'' who spams leaps and well... yeah
    Apathy: Hes been enfeebled for like EVER
    Apathy: Wait what hes at half health
    Oak kills 2 of my party
    Apathy: God we should of just done a blue map <.< ( level 73 )

._. Best gear / builds doesn't cut some of these maps when you have horrible mods and we also had enfeeble too =/
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-18 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1-click respec would be sorta cheating. No matter though, POE does not aim to provide a casual player experience in it's game systems
    Tbh i have no problem with them putting an item in the cash shop for a 1 click respec if it was priced around 10 bucks...i wouldn't buy it but there are many people that would(probably qq that it's so dear) but would they rather restart their character to get the correct build or spend 60/70 orbs of regret?

Been noticing that the ice spells and effects seem to cause desyncs when you have faster monsters running about.
    Even worse is ice arrow and arctic breath cast by either the player or a monster seems to cause the game to pause...some with summon skeles...makes me wonder if the servers have the same hiccup when those spells are used would explain some desyncing.
    Also seem to get it when moving about through tight areas and the game derps on which path to go...seem to desync shortly after.
    And of course there is the fast movement.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-18 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Tbh i have no problem with them putting an item in the cash shop for a 1 click respec if it was priced around 10 bucks...i wouldn't buy it but there are many people that would(probably qq that it's so dear) but would they rather restart their character to get the correct build or spend 60/70 orbs of regret?
    That would affect the in-game currency of Orb of Regret's, if they did that, something which they've said they'll never do.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

What I hate is that enemies will pushing past, ignore, or just get stuck in and start twitching... about 20 minions.
    They will ignore 20 zombies and skeletons punching their face because they want to chase you.

Its so fucking annoying.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    What I hate is that enemies will pushing past, ignore, or just get stuck in and start twitching... about 20 minions.
    They will ignore 20 zombies and skeletons punching their face because they want to chase you.

Its so fucking annoying.
    Yeah, it's rather annoying. Have you tried using a spell totem with skeletons? I felt that it worked better in protecting me from the baddies.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yeah, it's rather annoying. Have you tried using a spell totem with skeletons? I felt that it worked better in protecting me from the baddies.
    I am yet to find any totems
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    have they done anything about the pain in the arse non stop ninjaing yet?
    You would rather have FFA? It is fine as is, either group with mates or wake up and claim whats yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The stun mechanics is based on you life, even as CI, hence you're at a disadvantage as far as mobs hitting you, mostly an issue with jumping mobs (what killed me this last time). If you go CI you have no defense against puncture nor non chaos poisons, just have to pray that your shield is high enough. If you don't go CI your life is so low that chaos damage is lethal to even look at, unless you try to stack both shield and life which begs the question, why not go life stacking in the first place?

Now on top of this your armor is non existent unless you compromise yet again and go hybrid armor pieces hence you have little to no physical resist. The only conclusion I can reach at this point is how inferior ES is compared to high armor health stacking. And I lost 6 characters trying things out, 3 over level 60 with the highest being 67.

Think I'll chill in scrubcore for a day or three while I plan my next character, might try the same style but health based instead, at a quick glance I'm forced to drop some DPS doing so though.
    You gave me some things to think about. I figured I'd run into some pitfalls, most of my chars have in some form or another (though I still want to find a way to make a DW Evasion work). It almost sounds like you should go full life no matter what. Which seems like a possible balance issue, TBH.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2013-02-18 at 03:18 PM.

Well, I just got my first character through Act 1 Normal on Hardcore, had a couple of freak deaths with attempts prior - a rare squid boss two shot a witch I was making. This time I've rushed for both of the two closest HP clusters.

I was and probably am still planning to go dual totem CI with it, if it dies high up and I enjoy the style of play, I'll just play it more in SC - that's not really a big deal for me. I think I'll keep having HC projects on the go from here on in though. Living in New Zealand back when you often played diablo 2 on dialup - hardcore was simply not an option. I remember just how many times I'd be running up and suddenly finding a black wall of nothingness (I'm sure you'll all remember those). Sure I'm still playing on 200 ping, so at an inate disadvantage, but its ... doable. Each act I go from here is an achievement, so ... fingers crossed.

Especially as I tend to find cruel easier than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    If respec was sold in the cash shop it would be pay to win.

The game was set up with currencies in mind. Paying $10 would effect the value of orbs of regret.

Wilson said they were considering the option for in-game currency. Just to be clear- GGG have stated no plans to allow players to buy power directly or indirectly in the cash shop. All GGG statements on the topic have been opposed to circumvention of game systems via IRL cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them charging 50 GCP for a full respec that is instantly granted to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I could see them charging 50 GCP for a full respec that is instantly granted to you.
    Without having seen/read/heard the interview I'd still guess they would never use anything but orb of regret to respec but instead is talking about the in game option to clear all talents for X orbs in one click instead of 111 clicks, perhaps at a discount.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-02-18 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody have the URL for the fan run trading website? Need to run some price checks on a couple of uniques.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm looking at picking up Meginord's girdle for the +10-20 phys dmg and health increase, Blackheart for the +5% phys dmg, and Foxshade for the +5-12 phys dmg. Windscream - for the elemental damage boost and extra curse ability - and Ezomyte Peak after I pick up Iron Will are also options I'm looking at.

I'm curious about Broadstroke and Blackgleam. With the former it would give a +30% increase to phys dmg, and looks like it would be a clear winner over Blackgleam. How good is Blackgleam for a Facebreaker build?

I've gotta do it. Dual Lightning Warp Totems.

Got my HC Witch to Act 3 Normal, level 30 with none of the quests done there yet. Considering if I should farm City of Sarn while avoiding trap boss for a while or make my way through to docks. Not sure what type of level I should be aspiring for before I start working towards quests and heading towards cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I've gotta do it. Dual Lightning Warp Totems.
    you don't mind the traps?