Died with 20 min left on the 3 hour just now, only at level 21 though so really far behind. Witch is horrible for this type of race, I'm betting it would be faster to create a shadow and do mud flats/mercy quest to get poison arrow+fire trap and then start over as a witch than actually playing it with the skills you get. =/
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-02-24 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not nearly enough Life. Also you took bizarre nodes which give you less of a stat or trait you took elsewhere. Some of which are like right next to each other. Like 1 node over...

Other points spent are simply ineffective for a FP based character. Even with an Added Lighting Dmg gem.
    I don't really see how I would need more health as I play with a rather huge energy shield, aside from chaos damage, I rarely ever take damage to my health :/
    A suggestion on which points can be spend more effective?

Deleted
    Yay, got 281st! (level 25 and one third).
    Considering I didn't train at ALL (except for the 1h race), I'm very content =)

Hmm, now I'm stuck with this build (http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...tB0hnW0fT4_5M=, didn't really plan anything beforehand unfortunately, as I decided to join about 5 minutes before it started) on hardcore. Any suggestions on what to make out of it? I've been looking for bow-builds on the forums, but most of them have 0 replies (except for Tyr's one which is not meant for HC), so no idea if they're good.

I'd like to be either a bow-shadow or a trap-shadow. Any tips on who to build this tree out further? Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-02-24 at 12:51 AM.

So I just traded a bow that was very mediocre and this is what the guy traded it for:

Unless I'm missing something and the bow is very good, I actually feel bad for the guy...
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Looks pretty mediocre to me...maybe I should start keeping my rares for selling :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Looks pretty mediocre to me...maybe I should start keeping my rares for selling :3
    I keep mine but no one buys them.

;_;

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    So I just traded a bow that was very mediocre and this is what the guy traded it for:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/143598/uhdafuq.png

Unless I'm missing something and the bow is very good, I actually feel bad for the guy...
    Well, the bow may be mediocre but what he paid isnt really expensive either. 3 chaos orbs and a bit of random crap
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Just a question: Do the "remove-only" tabs have a timelimit, or do they persist till they're emptied?

Remove only tabs last forever or until you take everything out.

Finally into merciless, was expecting piety to be harder in cruel though, gear has been sitting the same since almost the start of cruel, don't even have lightning resist maxed so i was expecting to be flattened...but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Finally into merciless, was expecting piety to be harder in cruel though, gear has been sitting the same since almost the start of cruel, don't even have lightning resist maxed so i was expecting to be flattened...but nope.
    When I fight Piety, I find that I only need ice resist, because the multishot ice arrow ravages my hp. Lightning is fairly easy to avoid, and fire is kitable.

Even then, I'd have to say Vaal is the hardest boss right now in my opinion. Just finished merciless piety HC and it was a breeze compared to what a nerve wrecking pain Vaal was.

Deleted
    OK, that was embarassing.
    3 hour race...
    frost-nova templar

Died in mudflats due to 7 rhoas charging me ^^
    Last time went better ^^

I actually got rid of Righteous Fire in my build. Justing using Flammability, MC, Anger, Infernal Strike, Purity, enduring cry build. Picked up the Ambuu's charge, so he is kind of a support tank, that does heavy ignite/burn damage. The only problems Ive run into with this build, is not being tanky enough. With templars you really need to pick up tanky skills first.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    When I fight Piety, I find that I only need ice resist, because the multishot ice arrow ravages my hp. Lightning is fairly easy to avoid, and fire is kitable.

Even then, I'd have to say Vaal is the hardest boss right now in my opinion. Just finished merciless piety HC and it was a breeze compared to what a nerve wrecking pain Vaal was.
    Well piety does lightning damage

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kay I'm doing well TRYING to do a 6L collecting like let me tell you IT'S SO FUN

80/1200

then I'll try to do a 6L on my bow -.-

Deleted
    Well piety does lightning damage
    He's talking about Piety in the Lunaris temple, not in the crematorium.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    He's talking about Piety in the Lunaris temple, not in the crematorium.
    yup...she still dose lightning damage but no where near as bad as the other forms, i actually found the fire form to be the worst in that...try to run and she is constantly interrupting you from doing so.

Witch is level 53, i need new gear but no luck with drops either gear or currency. highest i have is the chest at level 48(not i level) everything else from there is 10 to 30 levels below me...weapon is level 28.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-25 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    yup...she still dose lightning damage but no where near as bad as the other forms, i actually found the fire form to be the worst in that...try to run and she is constantly interrupting you from doing so.

Witch is level 53, i need new gear but no luck with drops either gear or currency. highest i have is the chest at level 48(not i level) everything else from there is 10 to 30 levels below me...weapon is level 28.
    I saved up many many wands from my witch and wand-shadow. Add me if you want (Waervyn), and I could trade you some if you're interested. I'll probably be online tonight, but you can also send me a PM on path of exile.com and I can link the items to you, so you can choose already.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I saved up many many wands from my witch and wand-shadow. Add me if you want (Waervyn), and I could trade you some if you're interested. I'll probably be online tonight, but you can also send me a PM on path of exile.com and I can link the items to you, so you can choose already.

Cheers!
    I've actually been using a 80% crit dagger purely because i should end up very near 100% crit in a few more nodes, ice spears second for ftw :P
    Trying to get a spell damage roll on a dagger is fairly dificult particularly a high one but the crit damage more than makes up for it(crit multiplier sitting about 400%)
    Not struggling yet to kill stuff though

Greatly enjoying my revised Ethereal Knives based Marauder this week. Only put a few into the build, and it is softcore, but already I think this would have been a lot more viable for real endgame than my earlier HC Shadow based on Ethereal Knives.

Pretty much cruising through content solo right now. Not in Merc yet though. Act 3 Cruel is where I think the build will have to really prove itself in practice.

Currently I am here: link

Plan on working toward Iron Grip and more life for about 20 more levels. Though I plan to reallocate a few points in Act 3 to get some easy armor nodes by Barracks.

Play wise the build feels very solid in practice and overpowered on paper. Projected armor rating is stupidly high. It might even be that I ht the the point where armor that high isn't any real benefit.

On paper I am looking at something like ~337% maximum life, ~219% increased armor, 6.2% of total life regen a sec, combined 70% all elemental resistance [94% all resist by level 59], and 44% increased energy shield and about 470 strength before equipment.

The damage EK does is massive when combined with high strength, Point Blank and Iron Grip. Also I figured out the secret to EK is projectile speed and individual projectile damage. Projectile speed makes it so the knives travel further and cover a huge area.

Planning on using dagger/shield combo. ES/AR shield for the +resistances and dagger for the crit and attack speed.

I know what you are thinking, "But Fencers! Why is attack speed important if EK is based off cast speed?"

For one awesome reason, imaginary audience... Leap Slam.

Leap Slam is one the best [u]tools[/i] for this build. Though as an EK Mara I am not necessarily a melee, I am in "close range" of mobs quite a lot! This is partly where the Shadow variant failed for me; Shadow version just could not take the mid range punishment at the later stages of the game.

Leap Slam can work as an engage, escape, traversing aid and control skill. Yea, control. Leap Slam + Added Crit Damage + Added Cold is a massive crowd control skill. If you engage with Leap, your crits are so massive with the daggers it is often enough to freeze the entire pack or at least chill rares/champs. Faster attack speeds help greatly in how quickly you can get off a life saving Leap Slam.

Also I am using Lighting Strike at melee and range to apply shock stacks or leech up life. Careful repositioning via Leap Slam or Whirling Blades lets you back out of a pack, apply shock and either Leap Slam back in or EK volley. Faster attack speeds, Iron Grip, Point Blank and projectile modifiers all synergize with Lightning Strike too.

Warlord's Mark, Granite and Quicksilver flasks are pretty important too. Warlord's grants tons of combat sustain, free endurance charges and refills potions very quickly. With QS flasks, zero armor penalty and Celerity I can run a map very, very quickly and essentially swim through mobs.

I have gotten a lot of toughness, damage and mobility out of the build so far. Should things go according to plan stats only increase exponentially with added movement speed, zero armor penalty, inability to be stunned, shocked or frozen and % damage reduction from endurance charges on top of ES, Life and Armor.

Skills/equipment to use are planned as:

Chest: Ethereal Knives / Added Fire Damage / Faster Casting / Faster Projectiles [4L] / Fork [5L] / Life Leech [6L]
    Helm: Leap Slam / Added Cold Damage / Crit Damage [3L] / Concentrated Effect [4L]
    Boots: Lightning Strike / Weapon Elemental Damage / Lesser Multiple Projectiles [3L] / Life Leech [4L]
    Gloves: Warlord's Mark / Enduring Cry / Increased Duration [3L] / Faster Casting [4L]
    Shield: Grace / Reduced Mana / Fire Trap
    Weapon: Flame Totem / Knockback / GMP
    Flip Weapon: Whirling Blades / Life on Hit / Faster Attacks [3L]

Master plan: link. ;)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know being top 20 in ladder is actually f'ing terrible because the map system imo needs to be re-worked like the groups are so g'dam limited It's not exactly fun but rather atrocious. That is the only way to level is by maps and It's a ''Path'' a terrible one example

End game starts at 66 via map and they drop the following with 66 being the average drop. Maps aren't a joke to find well maybe the shit ones hence groups are formed and you can't join a group when It's full most of the time despite I have a crew myself I can't exactly force them to kick one another since you know lols
    66| 67 68
    68| 69 70
    And so on getting high level maps in this game is so g-dam horrible It's like well my usual words gouging your eyes with a rusted spoon

Like a 66-68 map? They don't even give me exp well a few bits like 0.2% of a bar which is just what the F. A 70 map gives probably 0.7% of my bar a 74 map gives me probably 2% of my bar

AND THEY ONCE MORE HARD TO FIND NOT NICE

._______.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-26 at 09:44 AM.