Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh forgot to mention, I died in HC last night in the Warehouse Sewers Merc. Huge pack of Discharge zombies and those frog things. Nothing dramatic- just didn't get out of danger as fast I should have. QQ

Fairly simple bow Marauder; build.

Was fun for a bit.
    That sux, hate the sewers (basically all mobs) and marketplace (the horrors of the bleed), at least you died to your own faults and not some lame desync that you had no control over.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Yes I'm claiming that as is other HC players ( HC HC ) and SC wise they all agree finding 74+ Maps is nearly gouging your eyes out once more it's dumb as hell get to this level get to the high level maps and you will feel the RNG gripping your 'Bad word'' here hell I talked to the main #1 guy in HC and you know what he does? SPAM 70s because he can't find 74+ maps because oh I don't know 77s dropping 66s yada yada ''Lets just say I'm losing my grip on reality 0.2% exp every 50 maps?''

Hell go to the their forums right now It's riddled with the map thing
    The core of the issue is still the fact that there is no maps beyond level 77, it has nothing to do with drop rates. It's simply based on what level mob drops the map and as the highest level mob you will encounter is 79 the pool of mobs that can drop 77 maps is smaller based on your normal map span being +-3, hence when you get to 77+ it's only -3 so you halved your range of potential drop places.

So again, it has nothing to do with being forced to have a group nor does it have to do with the actual drop rates but instead is an issue with the current design where maps only go as high as 77. If you are to complain at least complain about the actual issue.

Complaining about the wrong thing only leads to the wrong solutions, just look at D3. People there complained about drop ratios, Blizzard changed them, people complained that loot as horrible so Blizzard gave everyone more MF by default, people complained that loot sucked and now they had to pick up to much of it so now Blizzard is looking at ways to make loot matter more to be able to reduce the drop rates...

Deleted
    I thought this video of Kripparian was quite useful, explaining on how to deal with maps.
    I'm level 73 now on my shadow. Lvl 69 maps and up I always try to make rare with good mods, just to increase the quantity so much that I'm almost guaranteed map drops. Of course they're not always of a good level, but so far I've only been building up my amount of maps.

You're complaining that you need to do 10000000000 million lvl 66 maps. Well...doing them gives you chances at lvl 69 maps, which gives you chances at higher level maps. So the fact that they don't give exp shouldn't be a reason not to do them.

I found that being a cheapskate with lower level works just fine if you are willing to do annoying curse rolls as they bump quantity by a fair bit.

Deleted
    A guy in globalchat mentioned that your characters will be saved after beta is done. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    A guy in globalchat mentioned that your characters will be saved after beta is done. Is this true?
    The game is released, the open beta is a version of soft release and as such won't be wiped ever again.

Deleted
    I can destroy everything solo my gear is all out GG Destroyed meaning I'm a god in that game however YOU CAN'T solo if you don't have the maps to do so because my ''Leader'' has them and he and my other crew is all out racing I mean cmon here I'll brag

6L everything
    20% gems everything
    Perfect resist
    Perfect health
    Perfect gear
    Top 10 ladder Lols
    DESTROYED o_o

Arg this sucks I can't level without my group =/ like all I'm doing is trading... for like 6 hours now -.- and don't ask me to level in other groups because there's non ZERO out there I'll line this up for you in terms of how map experience as a level 89 mind you
    66: Not even 0.1% exp
    67: Same
    68: 40 of these make 0.1%
    69: Aprox 34
    70: and I'm sure you get to the point

Everyone is racing for 1 week

You know how painful it is to level and how terrible it is doing this? I'm crippled without my group Q_Q

You can not level in this game at high levels without a group and the RNG of the gods of high level maps is all I'm going to say and the only thing that is flawed. I hate grouping especially when you have no choice to do it

Q_q
    You can't brag when you play scrubcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The game is released, the open beta is a version of soft release and as such won't be wiped ever again.
    Ah ok I see, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just been playing this with my boyfriend for a couple of hours. Seems ok for a free game. One thing im really not sure about is that you cant full respec, i guess i can understand why some hardcore players might like this but personally it just makes me not want to experiment with different builds :\. Not complaining, just i guess im not the intended audience, glad i realised before i spent too much time on it.

Can respec one point at a time with respec points. Gained through quests and from drops/trading. A high level character can "full respec" a lot easier than you might think.

It really is not a huge issue in Path of Exile. Honestly, it isn't.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-05 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Really enjoying this game so far. Just going normal ladder for now with all the disconnects but looking forward to hardcore later. Seems to have a lot of the depth Diablo 3 was missing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    You can't brag when you play scrubcore.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Jki5lrM.jpg[/IG]
    I really really despise that word -.-

I really really despise that word -.-
    I think Softcore is way more enjoyable myself so I don't pay attention to the lofty opinions of Hardcore players (who probably never run anything, for fear of death). Hardcore just means a random mistake or bit of lag is the end of a character, where as Softcore means you can just have more fun, without worrying about rubber banding causing you to spontaneously combust.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I think Softcore is way more enjoyable myself so I don't pay attention to the lofty opinions of Hardcore players (who probably never run anything, for fear of death).
    You do realize that for the longest time the top 10 softcore ladder was inhabited by mostly hardcore corpses right?

Hardcore just means a random mistake or bit of lag is the end of a character, where as Softcore means you can just have more fun, without worrying about rubber banding causing you to spontaneously combust.
    The fact that you cant die is the thrill of hardcore and also the prestige in getting high level.

However because of desync issues and possible lag spikes, the majority of players run HC with high hp stacks and ranged weapons, which makes dying all but impossible.

I played a HC barb to 75 with blood magic / bow, and I never ever felt like I was in danger of dying, even when I lag spiked (as long as it wasn't a severe spike). High defenses, 5k hp, maxed resists - you laugh at mobs.

I died eventually to the only thing in the game that could kill me - a Vaal fire hammer. And I only died to it because he hammered my totem and I somehow ended up being in range of it.

If I stayed clear of shadow of vaal, I would've never died :P

Softcore is somewhat more interesting because it allows for more character variability.

I think Softcore is way more enjoyable myself so I don't pay attention to the lofty opinions of Hardcore players (who probably never run anything, for fear of death).
    Doesn't make sense. HC players need to advance too. If they don't run anything they can't advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The fact that you cant die is the thrill of hardcore and also the prestige in getting high level.
    The cheese is the biggest factor. One can death rush in softcore.

Given enough time, you will likely "win" in softcore. Which is not so in hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Doesn't make sense. HC players need to advance too. If they don't run anything they can't advance.

The cheese is the biggest factor. One can death rush in softcore.

Given enough time, you will likely "win" in softcore. Which is not so in hardcore.
    That depends on your definition of winning, I suppose. If you consider winning as achieving level 99 with current content, then I would imagine that you are probably right, softcores will eventually get there, while hardcores might not - odds are that at some point during the insane grind, they will die to some random thing or other.

However, if you consider winning as simply achieving some reasonable benchmarks - e.g. level 70, piety on merciless, etc, then I would argue that Hardcores almost have an easier time. Not having the luxury of dying twice means the HC characters all build tanky, giving them an easier time in later difficulty levels, when damage balloons out of control anyway, and you can decimate hordes of mobs even with a tanky build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    However because of desync issues and possible lag spikes, the majority of players run HC with high hp stacks and ranged weapons, which makes dying all but impossible.

I played a HC barb to 75 with blood magic / bow, and I never ever felt like I was in danger of dying, even when I lag spiked (as long as it wasn't a severe spike). High defenses, 5k hp, maxed resists - you laugh at mobs.

I died eventually to the only thing in the game that could kill me - a Vaal fire hammer. And I only died to it because he hammered my totem and I somehow ended up being in range of it.

If I stayed clear of shadow of vaal, I would've never died :P

Softcore is somewhat more interesting because it allows for more character variability.
    I'm curious how you would play the game without proper defenses, I mean even in softcore you lose 15% XP on death in merciless.

I'm quite sure I could play just about any build in hardcore that you would think viable in softcore as long as the build isn't made with death cheesing as a strategy to progress in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    That depends on your definition of winning, I suppose.
    There is no "depends on..."

In hardcore if one is killed by Boss X, they have lost their position & progress in that league permanently.

In softcore if one is killed by Boss X, they can try again. Infinitely. The boss will not reset unless one disconnects from server.

Given enough time one will triumph over Boss X in softcore with no permanent loss. One will win in time as a matter of fact.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-06 at 07:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So my crew leader msgs the developer who died in HC and this is what said Developer wise

''I died to a bunch of tentacle things stunlocking me it was great'' He then gave him some gear that was 6L and a couple of 20% gems

WIN

We tried to convince him to our group but hes like f that GOING BACK HC

._.

( Guy who died was level 91 HC )

Looks like some of the new skills were datamined: http://imgur.com/a/6QZ3t

Seems neat. So hard to read though.

Most interesting to me is an actual healing skill and "Returning Projectiles" support gem. The latter seems to cause projectiles to strike outward then follow the same path inward.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-06 at 08:41 AM.