Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    meh...I tried the game out, but it is a diablo and torchlight rip off. I don't care too much about that, but these types of games are boring. You just point and click with the mouse.

It is a shame, since it has potential, but it is too simplistic. I'd rather play Kongregate games since they are more complex.
    It's almost like you never even looked into the game before installing it, it's an ARPG there's not a lot of room for innovation, they all look and play similarly.

As expected, with a twist...

The new map looks awesome too, different from the norm. Gives me a hope for both new upcoming content and more maps in the future. Pity that such a map is locked behind having to get a unique drop. Maybe in the long term they might lower the drop rate on the unique maps once theres more of them, seem's a pity to have such content so rare to ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    As expected, with a twist...
    Interesting...wonder if the totem reaching the timer limit is considered it dieing or replanting the totem kills the old one

Very interesting unique. Now I have to go look for the patch notes, because I forgot there were two patches this week.

Thing about that new skill Searing Bond is that you basically need the new unique chest &/or Ancestral Bond. Without either or both, Searing Bond seems really weak & useful in very few cases/areas.

Though I do think the new chest is a MUST HAVE for any dual totem Spork/Arc build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Interesting...wonder if the totem reaching the timer limit is considered it dieing or replanting the totem kills the old one
    Timer running out counts as the totem dying, it's confirmed in the unique thread on the forums, furthermore the totem is the origins of the curse so it won't be affected by any of your own stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thing about that new skill Searing Bond is that you basically need the new unique chest &/or Ancestral Bond. Without either or both, Searing Bond seems really weak & useful in very few cases/areas.

Though I do think the new chest is a MUST HAVE for any dual totem Spork/Arc build.
    i would assume that the totem is buffed through fire damage passives and possibly the increased burn passives.

the manifesto is here
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi.../dev-manifesto

a choice of loot rules in the works, desync getting work over a period, and melee buffs soonish and over some patches

what Chris mentioned for the melee buff is adding a guaranteed stun, because what makes ele so desirable is the bonus effect not that ele actual does more damage even before the added effect kicks in.
    Would have preferred something like a stacking armor reduction buff which works on crit and has some passives to boost the chance...that in addition to a reworking on how armor works
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-12 at 01:57 PM.

Well, with regards to lighting the added bonus is damage. A lot of it.

Which renders everything from FP/IS witches to ele bow templars and 2h rangers seeking out elemental damage of the lightning type. Or Static Blows.

And once again, as I have been saying for a year now; the core issue with melee is having to reconcile all the effects/mechanics that are forced on you as melee. Stun, block stun, dodges, elemental effects, little hits, armor crush, curses, life leech, etc-- these are all things you are forced to manage or mitigate as a melee by course of entering melee range. Where as ranged can gun down most mob packs in roughly equal time as melee and often before the mechanics are forced on them in melee range.

For example; melee builds without Unwavering Stance, GS w/o Vaal Pact, 1h/Shield builds w/o enough recovery, leapers w/o enough AS or MS... these are all rather tricky to pull off and require creative itemization or shallow build paths.

As range what do I worry about? HP or ES, resist and damage. As melee I worry about all that and then some.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-12 at 02:31 PM.

I take back my previous comment. The more I play this game, the cooler it becomes. The complexity does pick up a bit and I like that.

Out of all the similar games that I tried in this genre, I like this one the best. It is keeping my attention and I am actually playing and progressing. I got bored of diablo and torchlight real quick. I enjoyed King's Road for a bit, but for some reason it would heat up my cpu. Plus, it got boring after awhile.

I just wish there was a WASD option. I am not a fan of the mouse oriented combat system.

I didn't mean to be a negative Nancy before. This is definitely a cool game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget desync as melee Fencers, so bs sometimes.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Wish I could bind move to space rather than click

Easier for me to hold space than constantly hold click then spam for attack while also moving :\

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Wish I could bind move to space rather than click

Easier for me to hold space than constantly hold click then spam for attack while also moving :\
    I don't see why you couldn't...

Move only is an option, just put that on one of the 5 boxes at the bottom and bind that one to space, use the mouse buttons for skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    I don't see why you couldn't...

Move only is an option, just put that on one of the 5 boxes at the bottom and bind that one to space, use the mouse buttons for skills.
    I always bind left mouse button to move. Very useful when you need to escape and can't afford accidentally clicking on a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I always bind left mouse button to move. Very useful when you need to escape and can't afford accidentally clicking on a mob.
    Same here.

Being overconfident in the morning before the coffee sets in is apparently not a good idea, just lost my lvl 81 Witch. At least it happened before I got Shavronne's Wrappings and spent currency on changing my build.

To play my 75 FP guy or to roll summit new...hummm

10+ Year Old Account
    What killed you?
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    What killed you?
    Boss in Ghetto map, based on Perpetus from The City of Sarn area. Killing another pack and was to slow to react (read: being overconfident) to the fact that the boss was killing my meat shield as I had a elite dog on me at the time, got bear trapped and before I realized to quit game to avoid certain death it was already to late.

Lost some nice items with the character but not losing any sleep over it, have a 75 and a 63 from week races that I can use while I figure out how to re-roll my baller, or something else, probably end up re-rolling it during the month race to combine the efforts.

Season 2 details are up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338712

Tabula Rasa and Astramentis are high point rewards...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Season 2 details are up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338712

Tabula Rasa and Astramentis are high point rewards...
    Yeah, I'm still a bit disappointed in the direction they are heading with party racers winning by default though, there needs to be a way for them to judge solo and party individually in the same race to have separated seasonal ladders for them. The extra prices being skewed towards the top players is another thing I really don't get, why not just keep that equal to promote just participating.

A big risk with how they are stacking the odds and rewards in favor of the small top group of 20-30 players is that the rest lose motivation to do them at all over time.

Other than that it looks good, I'll aim to get Tabula Rasa for sure.

ps. WTB EU based team for S2. :P