The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instant start movement spells, all melee splashes, animation cancelling, instant defensives, chain attacks via improved animations, new hit feedback, holy SHIT WTF BBQ SAAUCE MELEE LIVES AGAAIN.
    BAD WOLF

Berserker/Gladiator rework

/stoked
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

That trailer music was sick.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'd really like to know what that gem does. It straight up looks like it converts passive nodes into something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this league has me HYPED. The melee rework looks excellent, talk of more defensive options, and "Steelskin" which I'm guessing is a new ability... Then all the reworks to the mechanics of combat, like animation cancelling and innate splash for melee...

Add in to all that, that the ACTUAL mechanics for the league look simple, but fun?

Sign me THE FUCK UP!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Every jewel can end up scrambling your passives tree a certain way. The clue is a particular “seed number” when you read the jewel’s description. It would say something along the lines of: “A battle occurred in year <X>,” where X is the seed number itself. Each seed has different effects for particular sections of the passives tree. I’ve been told that there are thousands of possible results, and you’ll just have to trade to get the type of effects/seed number that you want. (source)

Going to open a CRAZY amount of possible builds. At least 5 different jewels modifying passives in different ways, with thousands of different versions of each (the "seed" seem to be on 4 digits, so potentially ~10k variations for each jewel)
    I'm on the fence about those jewels. I just think they won't be in the game like people think they are going to be, due to some issues or anything else. Wouldn't be the first time. They definitely would be a second Watchers Eye though if people get the right things on it. Also gotta wait how it actually functions.

So far from the ZiggyD video: The doryani can give Life leech to nodes that usually wouldn't have those on it. Since they didn't show any of the others, I guess each different colour is for another archetype. Really looking forward to seeing more about the "seeds" and if those make it live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Man, this league has me HYPED. The melee rework looks excellent, talk of more defensive options, and "Steelskin" which I'm guessing is a new ability... Then all the reworks to the mechanics of combat, like animation cancelling and innate splash for melee...

Add in to all that, that the ACTUAL mechanics for the league look simple, but fun?

Sign me THE FUCK UP!
    It's literally Breach 2.0 with more control over the spawns basically. I'm glad that they really went through with a more simple design instead of the more complex ones we had the past 3 leagues or so. I just hope that they've actually fixed betrayal this time and that map drops won't be a problem.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every one is excited about the Melee changes and I just want to blow my zombies up :x

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Instant start movement spells, all melee splashes, animation cancelling, instant defensives, chain attacks via improved animations, new hit feedback, holy SHIT WTF BBQ SAAUCE MELEE LIVES AGAAIN.
    Frost Blades/CoC/Glacial Cascade Raider incoming!!!!!

EDIT: daggers or rapiers? or sword/board?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    It's literally Breach 2.0 with more control over the spawns basically. I'm glad that they really went through with a more simple design instead of the more complex ones we had the past 3 leagues or so. I just hope that they've actually fixed betrayal this time and that map drops won't be a problem.
    Yup! Looks like Breach and Essence had a baby, that inherited all their best qualities. It's going to be awesome.

I just hope that they don't double down on the complexity of the next league, to make up for this one being simple XD

And yeah, now that we know Synth isn't going core (thank fuck...) Betrayal is the only thing that needs a real fix.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya, the fact that there are no traditional respecs (you have to grind a ton, in late game, to access a real respec) and the trade system are the 2 things that make me only able to dabble a bit in poe, otherwise I think i'd be playing the crap out of it, I love everything else.

But those 2 issues are big ones, for me, and many others.

How are new players supposed to find a spec/build they like? Keep making new chars and going through the resident sleeper campaign over and over? I watch videos, I try to do my research at the start of each league, yet I always finding myself wanting or needing to respec, but not being able to. I am sick to death of the campaign at this point.

And trade, we all know the issues there. If they just made diablo style AH's, but something like a hundred per region, and cap how many players can access each one, so lower tier items aren't completely worthless. Boom, done.

Respecs and an AH....you now have maybe the best active game in the world.
    Usually a new player makes their first hero and they suck. They usually find out around 65 when things start to hit you once and you explode. Then you realize you need help with the finding a new spec so you roll again using a guide. I wouldnt worry about re-specs in this game if I were you. You will end up with many heroes because of all the seasons.

Trading is much easier now that PoE has an official trade site. Its not even a big learning curve, but people are psyched out by it because the depth of PoE knows no bounds. Trading is also the best/only way to gear your hero. Most guides will tell you what to buy, but if they dont, the guide will tell you what types of damage to focus on. Resists etc.

Ive been playing the game for many, many years and I still have to use a build guide because I dont feel like studying to get a PhD in PoE stats and abilities. There is no shame in using a build guide. It makes the game much more enjoyable when you blow shit up with ease.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2019-05-22 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Frost Blades/CoC/Glacial Cascade Raider incoming!!!!!

EDIT: daggers or rapiers? or sword/board?
    IF they aren't changing anything about weapon ranges and in general DPS scaling: a good Foil should be great. Maybe dual wield for more damage, if you want to survive more definitely Foil + decent defensive shield. Obviously I would wait until we know more about the changes.

My wish is still that 2h gets a HUGE increase on stats, since you are missing a offhand option. Bows work great because you have quivers as a statstick. 2h only has the benefit of another 6 socket, which in the end isn't bad to have, but its also not the best thing in the world. 2h either need a stat stick option like bows have (whatever that would be) or a huge increase to make them viable. A 2h weapon should hit like a truck for being a lot slower.

I really hope they didn't forget about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup! Looks like Breach and Essence had a baby, that inherited all their best qualities. It's going to be awesome.

I just hope that they don't double down on the complexity of the next league, to make up for this one being simple XD

And yeah, now that we know Synth isn't going core (thank fuck...) Betrayal is the only thing that needs a real fix.
    They will definitely bring complex leagues again. But right now with the big melee rework it made sense to make a smaller scale league thats easy to understand and doesn't have a huge emphasis on crafting. Personally I'm not a crafter. I'm not against crafting at all, PoE still has one of the best crafting systems in any ARPG there is. But if every league is tailored towards the top 1% crafter, that know how to play the market and craft things that might be mirror worthy in the end, its a bad design. Thats one of the reasons why I didn't like synthesis. Not to mention the bugs and "complex" systems it has, which needed a 3rd party website to look up what pre- and suffixes would result in the wanted implicites and what the threshold for said implicites are... that was a huge fucking mess.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Every one is excited about the Melee changes and I just want to blow my zombies up :x
    Wait until you run into mobs that will Detonate Dead your own zombies on top of you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Wait until you run into mobs that will Detonate Dead your own zombies on top of you.
    What’s a little blowing up between friends and zombies?

Though hopefully they will add an mtx to make them less ugly.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-05-22 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see what changing Cyclone to a channeled ability brings to the table. Cyclone in any ARPG is always my go-to for melee builds, so being able to cast things off of spinning around is going to be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Fun fact: I guess on Standard your atlas can last over a month.

Finally got a replacement GPU, logged in, my uber elder from a month ago is still spawned. This is glorious.

Now I just need to catch up on all the melee changes, I could barely keep up with my brother last night when he tried to explain them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fun fact: I guess on Standard your atlas can last over a month.

Finally got a replacement GPU, logged in, my uber elder from a month ago is still spawned. This is glorious.

Now I just need to catch up on all the melee changes, I could barely keep up with my brother last night when he tried to explain them to me.
    Not a lot known yet. What we do know is animation changes, chaining (mini melee splash) and canceling attack animations will be possible. Accuracy has no cap of 95% anymore, which means that you can go to high amounts of accuracy. Movement abilities are now instant. Gotta wait for a lot more changes though, since unarmed and weapon ranges didn't really get mentioned yet. Also, no information about item changes yet.

*tips m'fedora*

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Every jewel can end up scrambling your passives tree a certain way. The clue is a particular “seed number” when you read the jewel’s description. It would say something along the lines of: “A battle occurred in year <X>,” where X is the seed number itself. Each seed has different effects for particular sections of the passives tree. I’ve been told that there are thousands of possible results, and you’ll just have to trade to get the type of effects/seed number that you want. (source)

Going to open a CRAZY amount of possible builds. At least 5 different jewels modifying passives in different ways, with thousands of different versions of each (the "seed" seem to be on 4 digits, so potentially ~10k variations for each jewel)
    I really doubt there'll be 10k variations per jewel. It'd be literally impossible to balance and there aren't 10k different combinations of stats available, even with all the different nodes the jewels reach, especially considering there's five different archetypes of the jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I can't wait to see what changing Cyclone to a channeled ability brings to the table. Cyclone in any ARPG is always my go-to for melee builds, so being able to cast things off of spinning around is going to be cool.
    I played a Cyclone/CoC/BV two leagues ago and it's awesome. Cyclone as channeled just makes gearing for it much easier - no need to invest so much on crit nodes on the tree, can go for long range weapons for more aoe, you can focus on spell/elemental damage if you go with other spells.

Another thing i'd try for this league is a Trickster given the channeling notables; could be easily one of the best build given how you can put an ED or SR coupled with Cyclone and go for full dot damage. There are a lot more possibilites open now.

- - - Updated - - -

IF they aren't changing anything about weapon ranges and in general DPS scaling: a good Foil should be great. Maybe dual wield for more damage, if you want to survive more definitely Foil + decent defensive shield. Obviously I would wait until we know more about the changes.
    I can also go for Cospri - don't know if dual wielding them procs more stuff or there's a shared cd for spells with the same name; though it would require building specifically for it and i cannot just invest all on crit to just then ditch everything. It isn't super rare though so i could play a standard FB build and then add Cospri later on.

EDIT: my bad, i thought it was a proc on hit, but since it's crit it's perfect. Only downside it to avoid all elemental reflects monsters and maps are just nope.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-05-23 at 06:50 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I can also go for Cospri - don't know if dual wielding them procs more stuff or there's a shared cd for spells with the same name; though it would require building specifically for it and i cannot just invest all on crit to just then ditch everything. It isn't super rare though so i could play a standard FB build and then add Cospri later on.

EDIT: my bad, i thought it was a proc on hit, but since it's crit it's perfect. Only downside it to avoid all elemental reflects monsters and maps are just nope.
    Yeah cospris should work great with your idea. The proc itself has a 150ms cooldown, so it's nothing too wild. I'm not too sure how cospris functions nowadays when dual wielded though, but my guess is each weapon would have its own cooldown. Haven't played with one since... 2.8 or something, so it's been a while.

*tips m'fedora*

10+ Year Old Account
    Accuracy has no cap of 95% anymore, which means that you can go to high amounts of accuracy.
    Also worth noting: They said that Accuracy will be easier to cap, not sure if this is because it will be on more things, will be on the same amount of things but in larger amounts OR because you'll need less rating...

But either way, easy(ish) hit cap, I'm down!