think im at 35 kills for the new bosses, no awakened gems yet

I still wish PoE had some kind of sandbox. Doesn't even need to be a sandbox to show if a build is valid. Just a sandbox to see if some skills are buffed by talent xy.
    The tags on the skills are not reliable.
    "Go with the tags" just doesn't work. "Yeah this skill is ment to be used with mines, thats why it has the mine tag, but it's damage isn't buffed by 'increased mine damage' "
    A simple example is infernal legion with fire and AoE tag, but if you new to the game it's hard to understand how minion damage is scaled.

If you wanna build meme-builds you really have to tinker a lot, but on a positive side.. the support from GGG is awesome. They answer you every question within minutes, so at least I'm save from wasting days for nothing just because I didn't know talent x doesn't buff skill y.

I'm on my 6th build this season and while 4 of them worked, this is the first one I enjoy. (stormbrand assassine with power charges and 100% crit)

So I think I've "fixed" my mapping...by downranking maps across the board and starting at T8 and slowly working up. It's still super slow, but at least I'm starting to get higher tier maps...I'll just have to figure out how to start handling the transition to 3 stones per region since I don't have enough for that yet. And I can't even get more stones until I start spawning 4 stone versions so that's gonna be a ways off...

Oh well. Hit 90 now that I fixed my spectral throw build a bit.

Dropped Vaal Pact since I didn't really need the extra leech. Don't have a ton of regen but it's been useful so far. Also swapped slower projectiles for hypothermia since I'm chilling stuff with cold damage. It's a bit of a damage loss, but being able to stand at max range and not constantly worry about dying is nice. Dropped point blank too.

Now continues the painfully slow map grind (with some delve mixed in since this character is perfect for delve with hp/mana on hit and stupid amounts of speed) while building up some more currency to start bigger upgrades.

@SirCowdog The posts are just expanding and taking up like half a page each now so I'ma just let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i got a doctor carddddd
    You're rich!
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @SirCowdog The posts are just expanding and taking up like half a page each now so I'ma just let it die.

You're rich!
    only added 10ex to my stash. im arounddddd 50-60 ex if i sold everything

The point being that the majority of players never get anywhere near maps, we know the majority of players never make it past act 2. A large number of players never make it past act 1, I can't help but wonder how many of those might have made it farther if the game wasn't so obtuse.

Also I don't get why people always need to speak in extremes, as if its not possible to make an intuitive system where the player can figure things out on their own without 3rd party guides but not feel like they're completely lost the majority of the time or like they need all of the information on how a system works up front before they've had time to engage with it.
    I'm one of the players they lost due to complexity. I'm a founder, have the kiwi pet and all that jazz, played the hell out of the game until they started stacking season mechanics. It's just too complex now to bother with for me - I'm never going to play an arpg like an mmo. Especially since I'm expected to reset my progress every season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not about "entry level", it's about adding new systems without anything explaining it. The map system is totally different, and while it didn't take long to "get", it still feels like I haven't "gotten" it as I'm yet again stuck and struggling to get the maps I need to even try to spawn shit, so I'm just running higher tier maps in the hopes to get more fuckin drops. Don't need a hand-held tutorial but just like...some hints and shit would be nice. Some visual cues beyond being lucky enough to see a color pulse on your atlas when you pop a map, and I'm not terribly sure what that even means so...

I know atlas clearing takes some time, but this is just fucking obnoxious.
    I feel like the visual cues are fine enough and maybe the explanation could be embedded with NPC dialogue. You could skip through it like the majority but that would be on you if you're lost. Leaving it for the community to discover isn't always a bad thing IMO. Vanilla WoW launched with little insight or in-game guide on what the raid bosses do or even how to navigate/access the raids on release. I feel that's actually a positive feature to a game, learn and test.

My biggest gripe with the new atlas? The lack of region sorting in the map stash tab. It is extremely annoying for me to keep the stash and atlas open at the same time and cross check which maps to run to get a boss to spawn for the wachstones completion.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Especially since I'm expected to reset my progress every season.
    Except you're not? Non-league characters exist in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    My biggest gripe with the new atlas? The lack of region sorting in the map stash tab. It is extremely annoying for me to keep the stash and atlas open at the same time and cross check which maps to run to get a boss to spawn for the wachstones completion.
    You can search for the named region in your map tab and it will highlight all the appropriate maps. I wish I had known this earlier than I learned it, it's fucking clutch.

I guess for me it comes down to this: The solutions to the questions about the new Atlas exist....just not in the exact in-game format you would prefer. I get that you want it to be explained better in-game...and maybe it should. But at the same time, in practical terms the problem solves itself with streamers and youtubers.

So I guess I don't really get why it's a big deal when the solution is already there. It just seems like splitting hairs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But at the same time, in practical terms the problem solves itself with streamers and youtubers.
    This is not a solution. This is streamers doing GGG's job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is not a solution. This is streamers doing GGG's job for them.
    So l want to be sure I understand. It's not that the information isn't available. It's that it's not available from GGG?

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I still wish PoE had some kind of sandbox. Doesn't even need to be a sandbox to show if a build is valid. Just a sandbox to see if some skills are buffed by talent xy.
    The tags on the skills are not reliable.
    "Go with the tags" just doesn't work. "Yeah this skill is ment to be used with mines, thats why it has the mine tag, but it's damage isn't buffed by 'increased mine damage' "
    A simple example is infernal legion with fire and AoE tag, but if you new to the game it's hard to understand how minion damage is scaled.

If you wanna build meme-builds you really have to tinker a lot, but on a positive side.. the support from GGG is awesome. They answer you every question within minutes, so at least I'm save from wasting days for nothing just because I didn't know talent x doesn't buff skill y.

I'm on my 6th build this season and while 4 of them worked, this is the first one I enjoy. (stormbrand assassine with power charges and 100% crit)
    Doesn't Path of Building do what your after (up to a point, its not perfect).
    https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

- - - Updated - - -

So l want to be sure I understand. It's not that the information isn't available. It's that it's not available from GGG?
    Its not readily available inside the client, which some of it should be.
    Many people will not go outside the client to search for things. Yes it sounds dumb but welcome to the world, this is how things work apparently.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

background : i have played this game 3 different seasons, only made it to mapping one of the seasons and burned out early in the mapping process as i didnt really understand..

this time i am following a pretty straight forward guide from act to act, level to level, node to node - I think its called Enkzi's Arc Witch - im at level ~56 and half way through act 7 i think..

I am getting nervous to finish the 10th act and start mapping again, but its an excited nervous lol - i want to be good at this game, and i think this is my season!!

Cheers to you Exile!
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    background : i have played this game 3 different seasons, only made it to mapping one of the seasons and burned out early in the mapping process as i didnt really understand..

this time i am following a pretty straight forward guide from act to act, level to level, node to node - I think its called Enkzi's Arc Witch - im at level ~56 and half way through act 7 i think..

I am getting nervous to finish the 10th act and start mapping again, but its an excited nervous lol - i want to be good at this game, and i think this is my season!!

Cheers to you Exile!
    Just ask if you get stuck with something
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Cheers to you Exile!
    That guide is by far the most in depth leveling guide out there, so you picked a good one. Definitely one I'd suggest to any new player as well. You don't have to stick to it after but it'll teach you the basics

Cheers to you Exile!
    Super good call on that one. It's by far the best guide to getting into the game and Arc and your golem army will serve you well.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As some one who rarely trades god do I hate doing it. Just wanna buy some dense fossils but isn’t I spend 20min not getting a single reply before I give up.

It's that the information isn't available, but that we're supposed to accept going to hardcore players to learn about pretty significant changes to the core endgame.

If this was some minor aspect with spawning a specific type of boss or something, that's totally fine and I would expect to need to use community resources for that kind of stuff. But for core changes to pretty much the entire endgame - a la the map system? I should never, ever have to go to outside sources to figure it out and it should be either explained directly in-game or should have far better cues to let you know when you are doing something right.

Again, I don't think everything needs to be explained in-game. But if it's a core mechanic like mapping...then you'd better fucking make that shit obvious as hell without needing to leave the client. Ever. Figuring out optimal routing etc? Again, totally fine. But not core mechanics.

Unrelated:

Trading a lot more this league (mostly selling, I've been getting pretty lucky) and I'm actually enjoying it, even selling the garbage 1-2 chaos items. FINALLY GOT MY LOREWEAVE 6 LINKED so my core gear is all set, now is just big upgrades here and there when I have enough exalts.

And I still hate the new mapping system. Part of it is probably my fault for clearing out all my T8's rather than just moving to T9's once I had enough (working on resetting my map progression since it got messed up), but damnit I just want to be in T12/13 maps already. Progress is so bloody slow >.<
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-12-28 at 04:17 AM.