Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I think after seeing Bex's reddit responses and how much GGG seems to be eating a bit of humble pie, i am going to be cautiously optimistic. Right now i am just going to laser focus my build a bit and ignore the league mechanic unless the div\incubator\harbinger rewards come up. I really would love to get a Golden Rule to switch to self poisoning build, but in SSF its hard to find one single unique jewel. I keep getting impressed with the scalability of poison builds. I have the large/medium/small clusters i need. I have a tab of ezomyte daggers i am chancing for CIP, so i have a direction, just can't get the damn jewel.
    How many leagues has it been now where GGG had to go "we screwed up"?
    Feels more like a massive sound proof wall between the people designing Leagues and mechanics and those trying to put out PR fires on the forums.

Stuff like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex_GGG
    Yes, when we were writing the manifesto I mentioned that it wasn't just about moving forward but not being able to stop because you might die but that didn't happen to make it into the writing. I'm hoping that it's helped at least in part by some of the monster changes coming.
    comes down to "I told them but they didn't listen".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a tab of ezomyte daggers i am chancing for CIP, so i have a direction, just can't get the damn jewel.
    I'm in the same spot... but with the unarmed DW gem!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    You said it's a gap directly in the quote I pulled from your own post.. and you were comparing it to wow's gap, which is an actual mechanical skill gap, considering every overworld scrub will have in the same ballpark of gear, thanks to McForging.
    Tbh wow might have skill gap, but since legion and various "infinite grindable systems" it also has the efficiency / time sank gap, for example people who can spam more content like m+ have more chances to obtain corruption (and before, "mcforging"), you can see how "world first race" guilds spend endless amount of hours on "prep" where a lot of it is not skill based... like grinding islands for ap or spamming boosts of farm content to get gold for buying boes, etc. etc.

The problem is if you design a game around smaller gap between these who grind their asses off and those who "have a life", you'll get whines about timegating, artificial ceiling, running out of content, lack of feeling of progression, basically all the crap wow got from the "community".

At least poe is a solo pve game mostly, so other people being OP affect the playstyle of average joe much less, however it affects the economy and content tuning so there's that.

GGG is also against casualizing or "dumbing down" their game, which tbh I can understand since wow gets shat on for that aspect all the time.

And personally I think a lot of parts of wow are also more about knowledge and dedication than actually "skill", maybe at top 1% of content it requires extraordinary skill, everything else is just a matter of putting the effort.

Anyone feel like this game needs major multiplayer improvements?

The single biggest thing that keeps my friends from playing with me is the shared loot. Would be 100% better if it was done the same way as Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They could definitely stand some multiplayer improvements, but it would require such a substantial rework of systems and design philosophy that I don't see it happening.

Hard for it to be engaging team play when it just amounts to who can move fastest and spin to win hardest. Ends up just being either everyone branching off in their own direction to speed clear, or everyone but 1 person sitting there watching the 1 person do all the work as they compete to 1 shot things.

The single biggest thing that keeps my friends from playing with me is the shared loot. Would be 100% better if it was done the same way as Diablo 3.
    Whats the problem to set loot to permament allocation?

10+ Year Old Account

Isn't permanent allocation essentially this, yet you see both loots, you still cant pick it up.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Isn't permanent allocation essentially this, yet you see both loots, you still cant pick it up.
    IIRC D3 has "personal" loot, so what drops is only for you.

It's tricky because while that's a nice QoL feature, it can massively fuck the economy and crafting with 2-5x the drops per map now. They'd have to rebalance drops around it, and would likely end with greatly reduced drops for the group overall to balance it out, which would still make grouping a less attractive option.

The whole game is designed around competition and scarcity. From the ground up it's not designed to really encourage group play, and no amount of drop buffs due to increased party size is gonna change that : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC D3 has "personal" loot, so what drops is only for you.

It's tricky because while that's a nice QoL feature, it can massively fuck the economy and crafting with 2-5x the drops per map now. They'd have to rebalance drops around it, and would likely end with greatly reduced drops for the group overall to balance it out, which would still make grouping a less attractive option.

The whole game is designed around competition and scarcity. From the ground up it's not designed to really encourage group play, and no amount of drop buffs due to increased party size is gonna change that : /
    I guess i am confused a bit. Because i still don't see much difference between D3 and Permanent Allocation. In D3 you get more drops because each player gets their own. In POE you get more drops in a group due to increased quantity from party, with each person getting their own. The only difference is you just see the drops for each person on the ground.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Sadly, I am already done with this league. Lasted a whole 6 days. Not sure what the Devs want to do with the game, but they have managed to suck all the fun out of the game. I am awfully disappointed, I really like the game in past leagues, but metamorph started the Rippy trend and Delirium is far worse. The game is just not fun anymore, it is a chore

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Sadly, I am already done with this league. Lasted a whole 6 days. Not sure what the Devs want to do with the game, but they have managed to suck all the fun out of the game. I am awfully disappointed, I really like the game in past leagues, but metamorph started the Rippy trend and Delirium is far worse. The game is just not fun anymore, it is a chore
    /shrug

I'm not against punishing glass cannon builds/rewarding those that focus on defenses.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    /shrug

I'm not against punishing glass cannon builds/rewarding those that focus on defenses.
    My annoyance with the current game is the same as my annoyance last league.... why in god's fucking green hell did they up the health of Act bosses.... I can understand map bosses (maybe even just yellow/red bosses though), but when you're level 12 taking 3 years to kill a boss because not only did they up the hp they upped the damage stupidly and you just can't sustain your flasks and die, it just SUCKS, like... whyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    My annoyance with the current game is the same as my annoyance last league.... why in god's fucking green hell did they up the health of Act bosses.... I can understand map bosses (maybe even just yellow/red bosses though), but when you're level 12 taking 3 years to kill a boss because not only did they up the hp they upped the damage stupidly and you just can't sustain your flasks and die, it just SUCKS, like... whyyyyyy
    And that's a reason why I'll probably never level a melee character... I remember my flashback event characters, spells fine, bow fine, melee just gets mauled to the face and dies in act 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And that's a reason why I'll probably never level a melee character... I remember my flashback event characters, spells fine, bow fine, melee just gets mauled to the face and dies in act 1.
    i mean Cyclone is one of the best builds overall right now.. and you can build it in multiple ways

also what boss at lvl 12 takes 3 years to kill? Brutus? what on earth is this guy doing lol, Brutus takes 5 seconds

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot better now with the changes yesterday, but there are some issues with this game and I think they have a very stick in the mud approach to some shit. Whether they're literally trying to be the opposite of Diablo on purpose even if it means hurting their own product from a game play perspective, I'll never know. On one end they want to slow down the game, then they push delirium as a league mechanic which is all about rushing as quickly as possible, at least the league mechanic on the maps themselves. You can't really take your time and loot stuff along the way because the fog will get past you, and you also can't really stick around and loot stuff (generally), because most of the delirium mobs have projectiles that follow you, leave goop on the ground, or blow up shortly after they die. So you have a mechanic that pushes you to go fast, skip the loot with a lot of near instant death mobs. The real salt in the wounds is the fact that the main mechanic of the league is tied to picking up 300 splinters.

I'm with them when they explain they don't want vacuuming and want picking things up to be your decision. I don't care for slippery slope or any of that bullshit, but picking up splinters (legion, breach, and now delirium) is really fucking annoying. Delirium splinters could easily just drop at the end of the mechanic in one big cluster for you to pick up, instead of having to backtrack to pick them all up, and/or risk dying trying to pick up like a dozen of them as well. To me, I don't see how breach, legion and now delirium (things where you have to pickup 100-300 of these things) couldn't be an exception to loot vacuum, or a single click at the end of the encounter.

The patch as a whole isn't that bad though, I think they just missed the mark with the regular Delirium present on every map. Simulacrums are really good, cluster jewels are really cool, and adding delirium orbs to your maps are also really cool. To me, just acquisition of the shards and the main delirium present on every map is the only problem with the league in general. Rewards are also kinda lacking when half of the options that popup are just instant skips.

TLDR; Keep your philosophies of loot vacuum for the most part, but for the love of god, change/adjust the other splinter type things you pick up, including delirium. Metamorph (aside from the rip nature of some of them), was a mechanic you generally never skipped, and when they didn't make you pick up everything after 10 days, it became an amazing league IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i mean Cyclone is one of the best builds overall right now.. and you can build it in multiple ways

also what boss at lvl 12 takes 3 years to kill? Brutus? what on earth is this guy doing lol, Brutus takes 5 seconds
    Brutus is a quicker one, but Merveil takes forever, but they're well over 2 min long fights unless you're using a bunch of leveling gear or leveling with the super OP shit.

There was zero reason to touch act bosses.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm having more fun in Diablo 3 than in Delirium.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Brutus is a quicker one, but Merveil takes forever, but they're well over 2 min long fights unless you're using a bunch of leveling gear or leveling with the super OP shit.

There was zero reason to touch act bosses.
    i dunno i killed her really quick with blight at the start.. i bet you can kill her quickly with anything really if you know what you're doing

the only way she can be annoying is if she starts teleporting across the map all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i dunno i killed her really quick with blight at the start.. i bet you can kill her quickly with anything really if you know what you're doing

the only way she can be annoying is if she starts teleporting across the map all the time
    Some abilities are ok against them (blight, souldrain) but God it takes forever on things like melee, bow skills, etc.

There's huge disparity

Some abilities are ok against them (blight, souldrain) but God it takes forever on things like melee, bow skills, etc.

There's huge disparity
    caustic arrow melts it, cleave is good against it if you just get two good weapons from a recipe, molten strike destroys it

sure if you try to kill it with split arrow it will take forever..