Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sometimes you gotta bit the bullet and level with another skill until you can make your build "work". It sucks, but that's the only solution for builds that only start "working" at higher level/with some gear.
    Eh, I just prefer not playing until they hopefully fix it

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm not a summoner or trap player, I like to self cast, and that makes everything harder. I've done ED/Contag, different poison builds, some of the new abilities, but self cast is in such a poor state right now it makes me sad. If you're not doing cyclone/traps/summoner it's like you're doing it wrong.
    If you like poison try blade blast and blade fall i was instant phasing/killing all act bosses with no levelling uqniues post getting unleash and bursting blades for 30 poisons in and instant. Likely the most fun I’ve had self casting.

Maping with the build now and it’s only gotten stronger and stronger.

You can get around it with some of the tanky builds like Tec Slam jug etc., plus there's always the meme arc builds etc.

But yeah, I've been in a similar place for a while. I'm still basically a summoner on my guardian, but at least it's melee and not cyclone.

Traps are great bosskillers, garbo for everything else.
    Summoner are still pretty strong overall.
    Cyclone will just never not be insanely strong. A channeled skill that gives you mobility, attacks insanely fast to proc on hit/crit etc. skills, and synergizes as a delivery vehicle for buffs in addition to being a primary/secondary damage source?

It's not just self-cast, the overall skill balance is kinda fucked. Granted it always will be due to the difficulty of balancing EVERYTHING, but at least seeing skills that are overrepresented being taken down a peg to allow for more diversity will be nice.

And it doesn't help that their continued design reinforcing the "GOTTA GO FAST" meta also kills any build that doesn't prioritize speed which is...well...most self cast and non big-melee AoE skills : /
    I always liked playing Tornado Shot variants, as that's why kind of preferred playstyle... but I'd always hit that wall where I'd need specific, optimized gear to put out enough damage and survive one-shots in late game content. This season I tried cyclone zombie summoner for the first time... and even after the heavily nerfed stated, I feel like I was playing the game wrong all these seasons. Easily pass the walls I hit with Tornado Shot builds with much less gear (I only play SSF seasonal), it's just no contest.

Perhaps my issue with the game as it's progressed towards damage levels (both player and enemy) that you not only do you need a build that's very mobile and high damage output, but also tanky at the same time. If you only have one or the other, you feel like you're playing the game wrong as either things don't die or you die constantly. I think it was rather telling when the devs said they wanted post-death effects of mobs for Delirium because you were just instantly blowing them up and their normal abilities/affixes didn't matter... that should be an indicator that there might be a balance issue at hand in general.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-03-27 at 10:29 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you like poison try blade blast and blade fall i was instant phasing/killing all act bosses with no levelling uqniues post getting unleash and bursting blades for 30 poisons in and instant. Likely the most fun I’ve had self casting.

Maping with the build now and it’s only gotten stronger and stronger.
    Hmm that's a good suggestion, do you know.of a build guide or path link?

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that's a good suggestion, do you know.of a build guide or path link?
    I've been doing every thing my self just winging it but ill pm you my POB link so you can mess around with it., you might be able to find a guide with something similar but i wouldn't know as i wing every thing.
    there's a ton of flexibility to be had as well I choose trickster but ranger would likely be equal or a bit better and nothing i'm using is set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I've been doing every thing my self just winging it but ill pm you my POB link so you can mess around with it., you might be able to find a guide with something similar but i wouldn't know as i wing every thing.
    there's a ton of flexibility to be had as well I choose trickster but ranger would likely be equal or a bit better and nothing i'm using is set in stone.
    Thanks, maybe it'll get me back into the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, maybe it'll get me back into the game.
    I'm loving the combo and someone who is better at making builds then me will likely be able to take it way further so hopefully you have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can afford it, go crit. Crit is holy shit hilarious with reckoning, something like 400% multiplier with reckoning hitting from like 150k-200k flat phys...shit just melts.
    I probably COULD afford it... but I can't sell any of the great shit that dropped, because I resent having to pay real money to access sales... So I bought a cheap Anvil and picked up Res Tech. Still absolutely MAULING everything. Cyclone is crazy and my Reckonings are getting insane.

I've heard the latest patch has introduced some issues (3.10.1 on PC)
    Very much so, yeah. I've not had any problems this league, but today the game was stuttering like a bitch. Whatever the broke in that last update, I hope they fix it soon.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

So uh...I'm getting real lucky.

Last league got one of the mirror cards, sold for like 14ex.

Still working on atlas progression this league, got one of these - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Demon

Which should be a cool 15ex+

And my brother found an actual Headhunter like a week into league. Shit is nuts.

So uh...I'm getting real lucky.

Last league got one of the mirror cards, sold for like 14ex.

Still working on atlas progression this league, got one of these - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Demon

Which should be a cool 15ex+

And my brother found an actual Headhunter like a week into league. Shit is nuts.
    Man, if I got a HH i don't know what I'd do with it... they're so nice but that thing could fund multiple builds.

Man, if I got a HH i don't know what I'd do with it... they're so nice but that thing could fund multiple builds.
    Yeah. My brother played around with it for a while but is looking to likely sell. He has one on standard and doesn't want a second, and it'll easily completely deck out his new surrender glad.

Yeah. My brother played around with it for a while but is looking to likely sell. He has one on standard and doesn't want a second, and it'll easily completely deck out his new surrender glad.
    I just took a gander and the lowest one right now is 145 ex... i've never even seen that much currency... i'd shit a brick.

Heh a friend of mine found HH back in Synthesis when Worb was a thing and funded himself the whole Eternity Shroud setup, the character blasted everything. Well, at first he tried to to the usual HH Tshot deadeye but he hates bow builds so he sold it in the end.

Tbh tornado shot is so overnerfed these days I feel bad for @exochaft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vaal Cyclone may be my favourite ever skill

Entered an Incursion.
    You have 16 seconds remaining.
    *Vaal Cyclone*
    You have 25 seconds remaining.

love it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

So I'm still not sure I understand the Delirium mechanic. (i'm still leveling, so this isn't about maps). You go through the mirror, and just try to out run the fog, killing bad guys as you go. And if you make it to the edge of the current map, well, then that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    So I'm still not sure I understand the Delirium mechanic. (i'm still leveling, so this isn't about maps). You go through the mirror, and just try to out run the fog, killing bad guys as you go. And if you make it to the edge of the current map, well, then that's it?
    Fog sorta extends from where the portal started, so the further out from that point you are the longer it takes for the fog to clear (that's my understanding). So it sucks on maps with lots of twists and turns : /

But yes. Kill dudes, pop the grey orby things, get loot. yay.

I was just getting into a blade blast bladefall build and now I can't even play today cause the internet is out due to a tornado! First world problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    playing something other then shield throw after so many failed levelling attempts is so weird as I can actually do great damage with garbage gear.

This has to be the worse geared I’ve ever been to be clearing red maps as nothing will drop for me but my damage is likely the best it’s ever been.

My annoyance with the current game is the same as my annoyance last league.... why in god's fucking green hell did they up the health of Act bosses.... I can understand map bosses (maybe even just yellow/red bosses though), but when you're level 12 taking 3 years to kill a boss because not only did they up the hp they upped the damage stupidly and you just can't sustain your flasks and die, it just SUCKS, like... whyyyyyy
    Maybe don't rush the game and do those bosses when you're 3-5 levels lower than the area? When I join public groups, there's constantly idiots doing that shit and dying 50 times on easy bosses like Dominus/Malachai. Of course they die constantly when they are 5 levels lower than the area and have 50% of the life of most people in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Maybe don't rush the game and do those bosses when you're 3-5 levels lower than the area? When I join public groups, there's constantly idiots doing that shit and dying 50 times on easy bosses like Dominus/Malachai. Of course they die constantly when they are 5 levels lower than the area and have 50% of the life of most people in the group.
    I'm not low actually, I'm usually above or at least at level thanks to doing the season events, plus I found a goldrim early and am always res capped