The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No clue, but I did just happen to come across this thread. Seems like there are plenty of build options being shared, though they're incomplete or looking meh - https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExile...ast_ascendant/

Based around Reap tho, so not sure how flexible they'd be.
    still better then I’ve been able to find as pretty much every thing I’d about them not having bleed explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Gladiator Spellslinger with Exsanguinate, I dunno, maybe Cruelty/Lifetap on Kinetic Bolt to keep up Corrupting Fever. Probably terrible, but I kinda dig the idea and it could be fairly tanky.
    Man, I think this might work but I'm kinda too lazy to fully build it out on PoB. Doesn't seem like too much scaling with bleed in the tree so it'll rely on stacking multiple bleeds/corrupted blood and more bleed on gear. Man, I just need some crazy, and smarter, person to build out the tree/gear basics with this so I can go in and use that as a template to tinker around with.

Seriously, I really wanna make this work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any one know how reasonable it would be to make a bleed scion instead of gladiator? I haven’t made a scion in I don’t know how many leagues and have no idea what there current state is compared to normal classes.
    I think Ziz is actually considering scion with Kinetic Bolt Spellslinger Reap. The phys from KB applies the bleed, just to ensure all enemies are bleeding, and reap does the heavy lifting. But big emphasis here, its a new skill and could be shit.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I think Ziz is actually considering scion with Kinetic Bolt Spellslinger Reap. The phys from KB applies the bleed, just to ensure all enemies are bleeding, and reap does the heavy lifting. But big emphasis here, its a new skill and could be shit.

With options to boot, can build with exanguinate as well. I usually don't bother with streamer builds or watching video builds at all but...I'm actually gonna give this one a look to see if it back sup some of what I was thinking.

Probably not because I wasn't thinking stacking spell damage for spellslinger to double dip, but it's probably better if I don't go with my ideas since they're often bad : |

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thats the video i saw it from. I went for years not liking Ziz, but honestly now a days, he is one of the few POE streamers that wants to see the game improve and grow and also does not treat his chat like garbage. Too many others want to see the game stay stuck in its obfuscated and anti-new player state (Mathil/Nugi/Tarke) or are just jerks to their chat (Mathil/Raize).

Also if you want to see something really cool, check out a couple of his other starter builds. Just download the POB and go to the Notes section. The detail is insane. He truly seems like he wants people to succeed.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

It seems like a ton of people are interested in the Reap and Exsanguinate, myself included, and I've seen videos/talk about builds as several ascendancies including Ascendant (definitely with Gladiator, then maybe with Necro for Bone Offering to maximize block) and Elementalist (since the golem nodes provide plenty of generic damage, regen, and phys DR, plus automatic 15+% Shock).

I'm probably going with an Exsanguinate Ascendant myself, but I'm kinda wondering if I'd rather take the Gladiator + Pathfinder passives. Bone Offering is tempting but I don't think you can go wrong with continuous Flasks either.. though hmm. If Ultimatum is primarily waves of lesser enemies, maybe Pathfinder's not as necessary..?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Think I’ve settled on glad/jugg for my scion not sure if I’ll be able to get as tanky as I like but I can always grab extra endurance charges as I’ll always be at cap.

Hopefully with crimson dance and corrupting fever I’ll be Able to finally get some good boss damage on shield throw.

Another horrible league start, we can not even log in and the people who have been able to do so gets log outs and back to the queue.
    Fantastic bug free game as usual lol

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    Another horrible league start, we can not even log in and the people who have been able to do so gets log outs and back to the queue.
    Fantastic bug free game as usual lol
    Literally every league launch is like this and there's not getting around it. Tons of people downloading the update and insane volumes of players trying to log in/play simultaneously. It'll calm down a bit by this evening and likely be back to normal by the end of the weekend.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It progressively gets worse though. In the last few leagues it's usually fairly unstable for the first hour, this ones at the third hour and still pretty shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It progressively gets worse though. In the last few leagues it's usually fairly unstable for the first hour, this ones at the third hour and still pretty shitty.
    Supposedly this time its because there was a bug, not just because of the amount of people wanting to play.

And the latter issue is simply one of $$. Its not worth the money to get the infrastructure to support the amount of people that want to play in the first hour when that number absolutely craters within hours/days.
    Its the same as every single major MMO patch or Online game launch. They could probably get the hardware to make it go smooth, but its not worth doing it for the short time window it is needed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

More than 5 hours into the new league and still unplayable, i have been able to reach level 13 in all that time.
    People are asking for a league restart because of the streamers white list.

Oh man, I always giggled at accusations of streamer priority but like...damn man, seeing some of the streamers realize they have it in real time is sure something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...eb2x&context=3

Apparently Ziz asked for his to be removed and then asked for it back again or something? I dunno, this is a mess.

I get it, streamers are a major part of GGG's marketing arms and they do this shit for free. GGG has an interest in getting them in and keeping them in the game to keep PoE higher on Twitch and give angry folks waiting in queue something to do other than rant about it in the forums. But damn man, not a great look for GGG. And that one streamer dude who justified his whole group having priority because "the world isn't fair".

I'm not even bothering, still not sure if I'll play this league but I'm sure not sad I'm missing the frustration of day 1 server issues, especially compounded by bugs.

The outrage about "streamer priority" is hilarious. It's like complaining that a clothing model got to wear new release clothes before you did - no shit, they're literally advertising the product. There are tens of thousands of people watching PoE content on Twitch right now, what's your suggestion? That GGG advertise the queue screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    The outrage about "streamer priority" is hilarious. It's like complaining that a clothing model got to wear new release clothes before you did - no shit, they're literally advertising the product. There are tens of thousands of people watching PoE content on Twitch right now, what's your suggestion? That GGG advertise the queue screen?
    While I agree it's ridiculous, one issue I have with it is a false presentation of the game quality at that time. Imagine if Outriders had something like this at the start, where an always online game built around singleplayer everyone was disconnecting but streamers were having a fine old time. People see them and buy the product they can't even play. The outrage is warranted if a bit misguided.It's not an apple's to apple's comparison as PoE is "free to play" but it's still an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It breaks the illusion of "everyone is equal in games" for folks. Sure, that's a ludicrous notion to begin with, some people have WAY more time to play, some people are WAY better etc. etc. But we all come in and start at level 1 and grab a weapon from on a shitty beach.

Don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right and GGG is prioritizing what are mostly their free marketing juggernauts in streamers. It's a smarter business move, and keeps the people who do a huge part of the ongoing marketing lift for you, happy. It's just shitty from a community perspective.

Apparently the same thing happened with WoW Classic too. Folks are furious now and the anger will subside. But GGG took a bit of a hit with this with the community, it's amusing seeing a lot more chatter over streamer RNG as a result now that streamer queue priority is 100% confirmed (even if it was never used/didn't exist before).

Edit: In some good news despite servers still being a burning mess, GGG updated the fragment tab!

https://i.redd.it/rskuzpg7ykt61.png

Fairly large image so I won't embed, but there are now tabs for "General/Breach/Scarab" and it looks like it finally holds everything! Ritual splinters, lab invitations, different types of breachstones, all the new scarabs, it's all here. This and the change to aura casting (not needing to actually have mana to cast them) are very nice QoL improvements.

Edit 2: And bad news...harvest pruning seems...uh...extreme : |

https://i.redd.it/0k9hzukdrlt61.png

Damn man, that excitement at finally getting a harvest is gonna take a hit. Thinking about it, it's probably balanced with the rest of the league mechanics now, honestly. I'm curious to hear what folks that have engaged with the improved older mechanics think about them, especially in comparison to harvest, but I feel it's much more in-line with other league mechanics now.

Just now much less like, fun and exciting : |
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-04-17 at 04:10 AM.

Yeah I don't much have issue with streamer queue priority, it's the nature of the beast.

I do take issue with Empy's scrub entourage with sub-100 viewers getting that pass as well as carrying him to kingpin status on the economy while everyone else is edging in their seats.

It's also given weight to streamer 'drop RNG' rate as well, since GGG confirmed one of the ways they deal with bots is editing their drops in real time to near 0 so they don't realize it. Yeah it's not a good look for GGG.

Slooowly fighting the DC's and logouts, in A3, plugging along, hoping to get Reap soon so I can see what it's like. I plan to 100% convert to fire as Inquisitor, with Pious Path, Instruments and Righteous Providence for some massive crits, eff the dot.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Protip, if disconnects keeps happening:
    BEFORE changing zone, make sure some streamer recently changed zone. If anyone got disconnect, do not switch zone UNTIL someone logs in.

Technically you can try this on another account, change zone, if it works, change zone on main account.

I avoided good couple of DCs that way. Seems like switching zone triggers saving character state.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I do take issue with Empy's scrub entourage with sub-100 viewers getting that pass as well as carrying him to kingpin status on the economy while everyone else is edging in their seats.
    Yeah well, take a look at the twitch video where he explains us poor peasants that life is unfair when asked why his entourage gets a free pass, it is pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    Yeah well, take a look at the twitch video where he explains us poor peasants that life is unfair when asked why his entourage gets a free pass, it is pure gold.
    That's cool to be outraged but reality is that life is in fact unfair. He is a dick. Those two things aren't really related besides that he spoke them and added some outrageous comparison.

Streamers gets free pass simply because they pay GGG equivalent of most likely 6+ digit numbers. Even the smallest ones gave em much much more money than your average generosity player.

Without them game wouldn't been even remotely close to as it is now.

So if you include money in that "fairness comparison", its pretty fair, unless you donated $100 000 to GGG.

Disclaimer: I couldn't stand empyrian way before it was "cool to hate him".
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV