Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Streamers gets free pass simply because they pay GGG equivalent of most likely 6+ digit numbers. Even the smallest ones gave em much much more money than your average generosity player.

Without them game wouldn't been even remotely close to as it is now.
    Yeah, see right there, a polite explanation without having to insult anyone´s intelligence.
    Well mr Philosopher is gonna discover soon that sometimes life is fair, that prickish reaction he had it is gonna cost him.
    It was not my favourite poe streamer neither. There are others, quite more humble despite knowing a lot about the game, that i would rather watch

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Literally every league launch is like this and there's not getting around it. Tons of people downloading the update and insane volumes of players trying to log in/play simultaneously. It'll calm down a bit by this evening and likely be back to normal by the end of the weekend.
    Nah, other leagues had also queues but they were fast. Also if you finally get in you could play and even when you sometimes got DC you could jump in instantly. Yesterday after 2 hours of "playing" I wasa stuck at level 2 in Lions Watch.

I gave up and go sleep because I was sure it will be sorted and next day Im gonna play. Guess what? Now cant even enter my character because everytime Im getting timesd out message or not logged in error.

Its just worst league start in PoE history.

Also Empy comparing his (and his farming group) PoE privileges to situation in Africa is just pure gold and shows how some people are out of touch with life.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2021-04-17 at 07:11 AM.

The best part about every new league is going to sleep and playing other games for a day or so.. watching everyone that should know better by now flip out over how bad it is.. then log in after that day or so and having the time of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The best part about every new league is going to sleep and playing other games for a day or so.. watching everyone that should know better by now flip out over how bad it is.. then log in after that day or so and having the time of my life.
    Yeah I'm really glad I decided to sit this league start out.

And there was yet another apology message from Chris.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._and_streamer/
    I wonder how many times he can say "sorry" without actually doing better in the future. GGG should invest in a top to bottom examination of their entire business and processes because it keeps looking like they need it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Yeah okay, so after yesterday's fucked up start and today getting my ass handed to me because of constant fps drops (never had a problem before), I'm done with this league just before reaching maps. So long, won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah I'm really glad I decided to sit this league start out.

And there was yet another apology message from Chris.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._and_streamer/
    I wonder how many times he can say "sorry" without actually doing better in the future. GGG should invest in a top to bottom examination of their entire business and processes because it keeps looking like they need it.
    Probably a few more times, looking at the current state of the server :-)

Alright, Reap Inquis seems to be really good, just not as a league starter, not feeling the squishiness.

So poll time, which do you think would fare better, Bleed Quake Glad or Ground Slam Berserker?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Streamer priority seems pretty legit on Blizz's end(Like the invites to alpha and such). Admittingly I denied such a thing but.... well we all make mistakes. Cold logic though says giving it to streamers is a good way to get attention(Marketing). So........ it makes sense and GGG doing it isn't too shocking.

It's also given weight to streamer 'drop RNG' rate as well, since GGG confirmed one of the ways they deal with bots is editing their drops in real time to near 0 so they don't realize it. Yeah it's not a good look for GGG.
    Oh thats dangerous...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So sadly i am done with ultimatum league.
    It has nothing to do with the rough start or the streamers white list or nothing ultimatum related.
    I thought that not playing last league would make me play this one with interest, so i did get 5-6 builds to choose one of them to play the league, but it is useless, it feels like playing the same thing over and over again.
    So no i am not gonna force myself to play, i did enjoy the hell out of heist mostly because for the first time i got into trading and i reached endgame, but it seems that when i finally managed to kill uber atziri i somehow killed the game.
    I have not even meet the maven but it seems it is not enough new content to make me play the game, i am afraid i will have to wait until POE2, and meanwhile look for last epoch d2res and d4, i would add wolcen but i have kinda lose hope with that one.
    Well who knows maybe lost ark finally releases in eu.
    I will have to give grim dawn another try.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Alright, Reap Inquis seems to be really good, just not as a league starter, not feeling the squishiness.

So poll time, which do you think would fare better, Bleed Quake Glad or Ground Slam Berserker?
    I'll be biased towards bleed glad. I played a few variants and all offer plenty of room to focus on strong block mitigation while bleeds and explosions just melt maps.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Another nice QOL change, we can change cache directories! Not huge, but more options are nice.

Edit: Just logged into my ancestral chieftan dude and...holy shit he got destroyed. Chainbreaker adding a rage cost to everything makes it totally unusable now, and dropping Chainbreaker is a pretty massive damage loss.

Man, finally had a proper strong boi in terms of DPS (less so on defense) and it gets killed within a single league. I am the sad.

Oh man, Chainbreaker even makes auras/vaal skills cost rage...they fuckin massacred that node, god damn. I guess it's only functional if you're actually building around rage and not just using it to buff stuff like totems : |

Edit 2:

Kek. Apparently with unique talismans able to drop globally you have a bunch of ID scroll fragments since...you can't ID them. And talismans in general are back to being as useless as they were before Ritual. Where you could at least get some reasonably strong ones with mediocre anoints to carry you until you could craft a proper amulet.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-04-18 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hit maps and I think i am going to reroll before i commit too much. I am playing an Assassin BF/BB build that is still strong, but i think i was more tonk for the Ultimatums. Really think i am going to roll up a Vaal Ground Slam build since the changes make it bonkers. Maybe go Lowlife Slayer (because Petrified Blood reminds of WOWs Brewmaster tanking, staggering damage is almost always better than soaking a full hit).

My 2cents on the league start. GGG still to this day does not seem to have a proper DBA, database issues like this would be unacceptable in any other business. I think they are really struggling with good hires due to NZ employment laws.

The Streamer prio thing is going to be a black mark on their rep for a while, and GGG has acknowledged that. I think it really revealed the nature of certain streamers with Ziz/Nugi/Steel etc giving it up quickly, then others justifying why it is fine, then you have Empyrian who is just a royal douche and takes pleasure on the misery of others.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    then you have Empyrian who is just a royal douche and takes pleasure on the misery of others.
    Guess we know who GGG should hire next, seems like he's a perfect fit for their design philosophy : 3

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing exsanguinate ele with golems and it feels like a more risky Soulrend, with the added drawback that I don't have bouncing space cats flying all over my screen. Not sure if this is even fun. League mechanic is just ritual with more steps and less deterministic rewards. How do they keep messing this up?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Playing exsanguinate ele with golems and it feels like a more risky Soulrend, with the added drawback that I don't have bouncing space cats flying all over my screen. Not sure if this is even fun. League mechanic is just ritual with more steps and less deterministic rewards. How do they keep messing this up?
    See, i like the league mechanic because i have found a lot of really well rolled items. My only complaint is some maps, the arena is tiny just due to geometry. Ritual turned into skips for me because it just was annoying searching for all the ritual spawns and not being able to look at the shop window because some random monster was taking potshots.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

See, i like the league mechanic because i have found a lot of really well rolled items. My only complaint is some maps, the arena is tiny just due to geometry. Ritual turned into skips for me because it just was annoying searching for all the ritual spawns and not being able to look at the shop window because some random monster was taking potshots.
    The "pause" mechanic in Ultimatum sounds bloody fantastic. Wish they'd add it for every other league mechanic with any kind of NPC/windows to engage with, hopefully they can deploy that tech without breaking other league mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The "pause" mechanic in Ultimatum sounds bloody fantastic. Wish they'd add it for every other league mechanic with any kind of NPC/windows to engage with, hopefully they can deploy that tech without breaking other league mechanics.
    Imagine Heist or Incursion with a damn pause. Although it has lead me to feel safe and absentmindedly press escape and start to walk alway, thinking the game had a real pause function.

New boots >.>

I'm super down with this, two-toned are sometimes a bit overkill with the ele res depending on your setup, so the chaos res may be useful. Wondering if there's an armor version as well as with two-toned.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would just smash the 3 or so rituals on a map, then run to a corner and spend it all. More often than not I was just mass deferring everything. I think there was a balance between the costs and complexity in deferring items and this league's this is all you get loot window. I mean, cool, you get to see what you currently have and stop but apart from randomly getting a Tabula Rasa when I was sub level 20, nothing has been exciting so far. Each league has provided it's own currency generating system, so even getting things like Chorbs so early feels like the standard now and nothing to be excited about.

Granted, I'm not complaining about that aspect at all. I like getting more stuff more ways, but I don't know if everything packaged around it is actually fun or if I'm going through the motions. I think POE2 can't come fast enough and even then I'm afraid without adding tons of new classes and expanding the tree in an unexpected way that it will amount to anything longterm.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well after killing innocence I’ve thrown my scion into the trash. I had forgotten that she never stops making those awful casting sounds so I guess I’m gonna go with annoying pops over annoying screeching.