NEW Gem Crafting Calculator

Hey all!

I just through together a very simple gem calculator. You start by selecting the quality of the gems you are starting with, the quality of the gem(s) you are trying to make and the quantity desired. The output is the required mats you will need (starting gems, crafting gold and tombs).

Let me know if you find it useful and/or things that you would like to see added to help you out as a quick reference when crafting gems. Thanks!

diablo-3-gem-calculator.com
    Last edited by Astrocamp; 2012-07-06 at 05:40 PM. Reason: new url

Ouch.

I don't generally craft gems in high enough quantities to use it much, but nicely made.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I don't generally craft gems in high enough quantities to use it much, but nicely made.
    The mats required to craft a radiant star from chipped gems is definitely a fun fact. Haha. Thanks for the reply

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes I'm about to collect 93,312 chipped gems

LETS DO THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocamp View Post
    Hey all!

I just through together a very simple gem calculator. You start by selecting the quality of the gems you are starting with, the quality of the gem(s) you are trying to make and the quantity desired. The output is the required mats you will need (starting gems, crafting gold and tombs).

Let me know if you find it useful and/or things that you would like to see added to help you out as a quick reference when crafting gems. Thanks!

mbsurfer.com/d3/gems
    holy crap, thank you! I remember failing at simple math just trying to figure out how much it would cost from flawless squares to a star... I eventually got the correct math... but wow - can't believe how much "math" I forgot since I graduated! I was thinking of making a spreadsheet for myself... but this little baby is perfect. THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    holy crap, thank you! I remember failing at simple math just trying to figure out how much it would cost from flawless squares to a star... I eventually got the correct math... but wow - can't believe how much "math" I forgot since I graduated! I was thinking of making a spreadsheet for myself... but this little baby is perfect. THANK YOU
    Awesome man! Thanks for the post!

Deleted
    Very useful and I'll definitely be using it.... - I don't know if this is something others would find useful but I might also find useful if you could input current AH price for the gem you are looking at buying, I know it's just simple math to do you need 500 gems at your current AH input of 54 gold = x + 54 tomes of jewelcrafting at current AH of x + x crafting cost for a total of, but it would save me reaching for the calculator for that extra step... if people are thinking of buying mats on the AH to convert up that is

^ for new features

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 12:26 PM ----------

new url: diablo-3-gem-calculator.com

added a new profit price output that factors in the 15% loss from selling items on the AH

Deleted
    I have a same calculator, offline, but this one could be helpfull too...