Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Am I rly the only one, who can't stop laughing about this comment? He can't be real with this comment, is he?
    Oh man that's so frustrating, now I know exactly where I will stand in the next patch, like many other patches before.
    Dem feels. Also, that really sucks about that crit/haste sword not being available

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Dem feels. Also, that really sucks about that crit/haste sword not being available
    Or the polearm.

I don't give a shit about stats our heroic weapon choices are... TWO and one is from the final boss.

Casters between spirit and non spirit weapons get amost TEN options
    Hunters get THREE to themselves
    Rogues get TWO daggers and Three agi 1hs
    Str dps dwers get THREE 1h Swords

The desparity is fucking retarded why does 2Handed always get shafted?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Simcraft is avoided because it was very poorly implemented for MoP. General concensus was the the developer was extemely inept and lacked credability in the class unlike Pbad who did it for Cataclysm. It's kinda like what EJ turned into in Cata/late wrath

The developer being brand new to the class wouldn't listen to myself or Requital despite multiple attempts and problems pointed out while he posted how he was correct because he was the developer and we were wrong despite being proven correct and our longstanding history as pretty much 2 of the best rets in the world in the spec.
    Really wish you would spend less time insulting me and more time making the tool better. Is there a specific ability that you think is bugged? If you just don't like the default rotation I'm more than happy to see if a default rotation you propose performs better. And no, you haven't ever pointed out specific problems with the ret SimC module. You've just disagreed with the results because you don't like them.

I also like how your opinion is the "general concensus."

here we go again...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Well, Anaxie and Requital were right in my opinion. The do have much ego but the target here is a correct tool information and not behaviour. There is no point for Balhale asking for feedback when he ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Well, Anaxie and Requital were right in my opinion. The do have much ego but the target here is a correct tool information and not behaviour. There is no point for Balhale asking for feedback when he ignores it.
    What meaningful feedback regarding Simcraft have I ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    I think it started around page 3. Don't get me wrong mate, I do respect anyone who is using his knowledge and time for greater good, but you have to realise that some world class players take every detail seriously because they translate sim numbers to real time playstyle and can sometimes exaggerate on their point especially when experience and history proves them correct. In any case I am not judging behaviours.

On a sidenote, you personally dissapoint me by stating in EJ forums that you are fine with burst over sustain dps, since there is a tradition for blizzard to deem highly said forums, but this is another story.

I think it started around page 3. Don't get me wrong mate, I do respect anyone who is using his knowledge and time for greater good, but you have to realise that some world class players take every detail seriously because they translate sim numbers to real time playstyle and can sometimes exaggerate on their point especially when experience and history proves them correct. In any case I am not judging behaviours.

On a sidenote, you personally dissapoint me by stating in EJ forums that you are fine with burst over sustain dps, since there is a tradition for blizzard to deem highly said forums, but this is another story.
    so that's nice, blizzard steers their design philosophy on opinion of one forum thats f..... great .. now i know why is ret in such great state without cds lmao.. can you please passthrough a mace to me so i can punch myself in face for being an idiot and sticking to this class
    Last edited by Ianus; 2013-02-22 at 11:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Btw im curious, what profiler do you guys use to test out gear sets? char.dev has alot of stuff missing and I'd like to mess around with the 5.2 stuff to see whats what.
    I've been using wowreforge.com the trick with it is you can click on an item and modify the stats of the item. By modifying the items you can basically create the profile of the gear you want do the reforging and see where you can get. The part that matters the most is adding hit make sure you are adding a gem it doesn't matter about the set bonus unless the bonus is Hit or Expertise. If it is Hit or Exp you just make sure not to match that color so the values aren't thrown off.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

On a sidenote, you personally dissapoint me by stating in EJ forums that you are fine with burst over sustain dps
    After reading that I suddenly realized that I wasted my time reading previous stuff...

anyone been on PTR with the latest build? I can't for the life of me get above 100k dps in a 25man raid with flasks and trying to manage T14 bonuses and the fight mechanics...
    Ofc 300 ms doesn't help and playing from EU on US based PTR realms... anyhow!
    How are you other rets finding PTR with the latest build without T11 prot pre-pull thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    After reading that I suddenly realized that I wasted my time reading previous stuff...
    The only complaint with burst neld is that if something happens mid cds like... huddle , cackles, exhales, hide tons of mechanics can just shut us down burst wise.

And you can usually wait to do it in a timeframe where it won't be negated by those but doing so unsyncs it with at the very least Lei shiens and enough pushbacks on a long fight can cost you an entire cd.

Or you get instances like Blade lord where the only way to get a full SW in is to pop it after a strike. Most of the time you're gonna be running out of temprest throwing hammers at him capping your HP. It's not entirely useless talent wise considering a rank 13th I put up recently even while fumbling with talents during my first cooldown because of super ninja pull. While I usually laugh at rank 13ths compared to 1s the whole Asian Ilvl thing has shit pretty badly skewed so... yeah.

Anyhow back ontopic on stuff like blade lord doing more dps would be easy without a ton front loaded into burst. I'm sure we will see a few later on. IN the end I don't really care about burst or sustained I care about the big picture just like you. I'm kinda fond of Hammerdin time too .

TLDR I agree with you burst / sustained doesn't matter a ton but we still need to have consistent single target / aoe compared to the best spec of each class.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    anyone been on PTR with the latest build? I can't for the life of me get above 100k dps in a 25man raid with flasks and trying to manage T14 bonuses and the fight mechanics...
    Ofc 300 ms doesn't help and playing from EU on US based PTR realms... anyhow!
    How are you other rets finding PTR with the latest build without T11 prot pre-pull thing?
    It's not gonna be a big deal to lose it. Never used it anyway. =/
    I do wonder how widely used this was tho.. like if it skewed blizzards numbers for us in 5.1 maybe we should get some albit minor compensation.

Hell i sit half the raid fights because I'm just so exhausted with raiding after so many tiers. Glad i did tho, new tier so soon and I'll never get a break in this because of TF.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    It's not that it's just scary when the simcraft dev ret does questionable things... like using 5/5 T14 ret and 2/2ing the shoulders... or 2/2ing a darkmist Normal instead of just using relic, and you are still reletively green to the spec with very little high end raiding experience as Retribution.

It's little things that makes me take anything you have to say with a tuckload of salt. I'd get into the early beta development for simc that myself and requ had to help you with while disregarded every valid opinion on what was wrong. But that was discussed and is still avail to read. If you want to discuss things thats cool but show me hard numbers to back up opinions. And by numbers I mean logs.

Players like Nelda I hold in extreme high regard and pay attention their input. But that is because they have proven themselves to be one of the best players in the spec in the world. It sucks that the Simcraft dev shoes your filling was Pbad's and he fit that imagine exactly. Hell he bumped me off several times and showed us all just how powerful the Creche was when we were initially ignoring it for just one example.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-23 at 04:22 AM.

Just want to point out there is a Thunderforged Polearm in the list on the front page atm. Take it for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoons View Post
    Just want to point out there is a Thunderforged Polearm in the list on the front page atm. Take it for what its worth.
    Trash drop thunderforges. That is to be expected. Until we see a boss drop on journal and a heroic TF version don't get ur hopes up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 04:43 AM ----------

Apparently the DK howling blast buff was... Base damage? well I guess maybe they might not be getting buffed as hard as we thought...
    Might of frozen wastes was compensation for a broken OP 2 set... how op? Think 4pce ret prenerf broken.

Perhaps we are balanced now for tier? Time will tell.. Itemization has a pretty high chance to break us tho.. haste shouldn't drop below 25% tho the extra sockets make that a guaranteed thing.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-23 at 04:50 AM.

Issues with ret in pve = 1). lowish overall output, 2). and very inferior AoE.

Burst can be considered as "utility" and in >most< cases it actually outweighs high sustained when it comes to PvE. Like playing around encounter mechanics / knowing when to actually put that burst to use etc etc. Many fights in the past had those moments where all you want to do is "throw kitchen sinks" at shit to make the cut (ragH p3, magmaw weaken etcetc).

I actually agree with people who prefer ret as a high burst model spec. Unless well ya wanna really homogenize everything WoW ever had...
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-02-23 at 04:57 AM.

Issues with ret in pve = 1). lowish overall output, 2). and very inferior AoE.

Burst can be considered as "utility" and in >most< cases it actually outweighs high sustained when it comes to PvE. Like playing around encounter mechanics / knowing when to actually put that burst to use etc etc. Many fights in the past had those moments where all you want to do is "throw kitching sinks" at shit to make the cut (ragH p3, magmaw weaken etcetc).

I actually agree with people who prefer ret as a high burst model spec. Unless well ya wanna really homogenize everything WoW ever had...
    We will have to see the T15 set in full swing with 2 min SW wings active and of course the Capacitate gem. Hopefully ret still has broken proc mechanics from jar of abomb era. Unless we got completely gutted with Gurth, hopfully the sword was what was changed.. not us.

AoE tuning phase should be soon. If howling blast doesn't get gutted I'll consider it a total failure.

They cant buff DS too much either because if they do were gonna be in a situation where without TV proc up we storm. I think a 150% DS would make that a reality no? Then again it would be aoe and single target buff XD I'd take it.

Honestly the easiest solution would be simply DS spreads censure. Repeated DS bursts would of course then ramp up our aoe as censure begins to stack. The would be a hell of alot better then tabbing between targets to spread censure on every single enemy to keep up in multitarget.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-23 at 05:00 AM.

Remove DP, get on use 10-15sec duration 40-60sec CD ability that makes your DS hit for a little less, cost 0 holy power and apply censure to targets it hits. And there ya have a proper AoE cd.

Remove DP, get on use 10-15sec duration 40-60sec CD ability that makes your DS hit for a little less, cost 0 holy power and apply censure to targets it hits. And there ya have a proper AoE cd.
    That would be awesome... 0HP? maybe even broken lol.. but goddamn we need somethin.

If they are intent on making us the burstadin give us aoe burst too.

Just buff Censure damage by like 5-7k damage per second and make it a unique debuff so you can only have it on one target at a time... doesn't have to be complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Just buff Censure damage by like 5-7k damage per second and make it a unique debuff so you can only have it on one target at a time... doesn't have to be complicated.
    That would exacerbate the problem of terrible cleave unless they put all their eggs in Divine Storm.