Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You gain nearly .8% haste per gem. How is that trival. No self respecting player would say almost a full % gain per gem is trivial.
    I don't do constant rank #1s repeating in most tiers because I'm lucky with crits. Huntingbear can tell you that and he doesn't even have to check a log.
    160 haste is not 0.8% haste. You are also losing 80 strength for each of those gems.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 05:41 PM ----------

I have never said that the breakpoint is 502. Ever.

Anyway - he can gain 1600 haste = 3.76% haste at the cost of 800 str = 1940 ap, which is 5.3% of his total strength pool.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 05:43 PM ----------

Be sure to do your Garajal 25H kill without entering the spirit realm. Just straight normal realm dpsing the boss.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 06:17 PM ----------

In your high ranked Feng kill - your avg crit chance should have been about 28% with a max of 31% during Carbuncle procs and 25.4% outside of those.

Your Hammer crit rate - 38%
    Your Div storm crit rate - 21%
    Autoattack crit rate - 33%
    Your TV crit rate - 15% (only low one)
    Your Exo crit rate - 21%
    Your Judge crit rate - 35%
    Your CS crit rate - 29%
    Your SoT crit rate - 26%
    Your Censure crit rate - 24%

We see high crit rates across the board with only one of these having drastically low crit chances. You have 4 shamans in your raid group to feed Stormlash totems. You have Dancing Steel, something not true of most raiders at this point by any means. You didn't get Arcane Resonance or Wildfire Spark to have to run out of raid.

So, yes, you are good at ret and that is reflected in your damage of course. But that's not the only factor. These are the kind of confluence of crits/buffs/raid events that I was talking about.

You're trying too hard. The same rets rank #1 for a reason. Check world of logs on full farm in a few months all non gimmics will say Anaxie.

You're trying too hard. The same rets rank #1 for a reason. Check world of logs on full farm in a few months all non gimmics will say Anaxie.
    Feel free to show me a top ranked parse of a melee who got more than one arcane resonance and also had to dump wildfire.

Also, did you not read the end of my post?
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-10-18 at 08:19 AM.

Guys, there's absolutely no reason at all here to argue.
    Anaxie is saying the current ret sim is wrong and undervalues haste at low gear levels. I think he has both the results and the history to be able to make that kind of claim.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

15+ Year Old Account
    Given the choice between the LFR Nullification Greathelm and the Hallow's End one, which one should i choose?

I'm leaning towards the Hallow's End one due to the socket-bonus and extra strength, but i'm not entirely sure.

Is the ilevel on the Hallow's End helm wrong?
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    Guys, there's absolutely no reason at all here to argue.
    Anaxie is saying the current ret sim is wrong and undervalues haste at low gear levels. I think he has both the results and the history to be able to make that kind of claim.
    I'd be more happy to agree with him if he wasn't mistaken about what exactly he's advocating, from not realizing the correct gain per haste gem to not realizing the opportunity cost of the gained haste in lost strength, while demeaning me for criticizing his flawed analysis.

@FISKER

I'd be inclined to agree - that helm has a huge amount of strength on it.

Hallow's End, reforged for haste vs LFR Nullification reforged for hit to keep stat comparisons easy, using haste gemming:
    +339 STR
    -227 crit
    -90 haste
    -1 hit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    Is the ilevel on the Hallow's End helm wrong?
    The budget is very odd though, it has less stamina, but more strength.

Just afraid that Blizzard may change the budget in a few days making the LFR helm better

Quote Originally Posted by FISKER_Q View Post

Just afraid that Blizzard may change the budget in a few days making the LFR helm better
    It has always been this way.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 07:19 AM ----------

Becuase farm dps matters.

Given the choice between the LFR Nullification Greathelm and the Hallow's End one, which one should i choose?

I'm leaning towards the Hallow's End one due to the socket-bonus and extra strength, but i'm not entirely sure.
    It's almost as good as the 489 normal head and better than all other with lower item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Becuase farm dps matters.
    this lol eod etc
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-10-18 at 11:40 AM.

1. Melee don't get Arcane Resonance on Feng unless they run out of melee.
    2. Having a wildfire spark sucks. Main reason why my parse was so awful (the second reason is our MT sucks balls, refusing to follow the boss to the staff and staying in the middle lol).
    3. Gara'jal HAS a specific buff, especially important for Ret. I don't know why Anaxie has mentioned it, I am sure he's using it as well.
    4. Farm dps is ONLY what is matters. No one cares about your HAI GUYZ IMA RL SO I WILL BE GEARED FIRST or OH LOL I BOUGHT SHIN'KA FROM BMAH, LETS COMPETE NOW. Or just being a lucky raider. When ilvl difference won't be as influental as it's now, the only thing affecting the ranks will be skill (and padding, but this is another part of the story). And skill is the reason why we are speaking about ranks actually.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2012-10-18 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    4. Farm dps is ONLY what is matters. No one cares about your HAI GUYZ IMA RL SO I WILL BE GEARED FIRST or OH LOL I BOUGHT SHIN'KA FROM BMAH, LETS COMPETE NOW. Or just being a lucky raider. When ilvl difference won't be as influental as it's now, the only thing affecting the ranks will be skill (and padding, but this is another part of the story). And skill is the reason why we are speaking about ranks actually.
    This is of course subjective, since we all play for our own reasons. If you ask me I'd say what matters is how you perform during progress. The rest is whatever, really. When my guild has something on farm we are either gearing alts or doing boost runs and we try get the job done asap. For example I'm not going to ask my guildies to allow me to switch to do the T11 Prot 4 piece trick and get a triple Lay on Hands in spirit realm on Gara'jal just to get ranked when the rest of the raid just want to pull, have everyone doing their jobs (mechanic wise) and kill the boss asap. It might happen sometimes but it's not like anyone really cares because we're going for the front page on wowprogress.com, not worldoflogs.com.

15+ Year Old Account

The Budget is 20 ilevels higher than the item itself and has been since TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I'm not going to ask my guildies to allow me to switch to do the T11 Prot 4 piece trick and get a triple Lay on Hands in spirit realm on Gara'jal just to get ranked when the rest of the raid just want to pull,
    4p11 prepull doesn't require anything except prepull timer which is necessary for prepot anyway. Triple Loh is obvious padding, we're not talking about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    4p11 prepull doesn't require anything except prepull timer which is necessary for prepot anyway. Triple Loh is obvious padding, we're not talking about that.
    For normal that certainly isn't required but it's also pride in your numbers so if you like to put forth 100% 4PC T11 is still very viable and I can tell you this much for Heroic Gara it is very much needed. We killed it as the entire raid died it's very very tight enrage timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Until you mess up and stand there with your T11 gear after pull. I'm sure we all have done that mistake at least once. And lol, why wouldn't you pad if all you people think about is rank 1? Is it not allowed when competing for biggest ret e-penis?

Can you farm the Horseman's Horrific Hood or does it only come from the bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Can you farm the Horseman's Horrific Hood or does it only come from the bag?
    It drops from the "Don't Get Your Hopes Up" Pumpkin.

3. Gara'jal HAS a specific buff, especially important for Ret. I don't know why Anaxie has mentioned it, I am sure he's using it as well.
    That's why I'm skeptical of Anaxie's claim that in a non-buffed situation he can do significantly more dps than his character sim to be able to do. His high rank H-Feng parse had him at 87.5k with good crit luck. A sim of his character with the same number of stormlash totems on the same length of fight with worse crits and no adds to aoe has him at 82.5k. In my opinion, the difference from crits and adds puts those roughly the same.

@Anaxie

Grats on H-Gara!
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-10-18 at 05:01 PM.

Lets see if we can get this thread locked by going off topic and bickering instead of giving useful information and feedback and some solid discussion. I think that getting this locked will help the ret community out most.

/sarcasm

I have the helm and neck both off Galleon (496 ones) and I haven't seen anything on them being discussed really. Where do those items fall in the Normal BIS list (starting heroics tomorrow so for now I wanna know where they are in my normal spot). Thanks.