Semi-dumb question since I think I know the answer:

I have both the polearm and the heirloom axe currently. Neither warforged. I should use the polearm, correct? (I'd prefer to use the axe because it fits my xmog better BECAUSE I'M A NERD LIKE THAT).

Deleted
    i was wondering if i could have some more info, i see you say to gem with Keen Vermilion Onyx in red slots untill exp cap is met although Askmrrobot tells me to gem Wicked Vermilion onyx is this due just simply down to the BiS gear accounting or reforging for enough haste to not gem it directly in red sockets,?

character name: Theón
    server: Stormscale EU

wouldnt let me post link sorry

thankyou for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    With how much all three of our secondaries are closing in on strength from a stat weight perspective even the JC Bold Serpent's Eye seemingly falls behind a Fractured or a Smooth (at 40% haste), depending on your preference of course.

Kinda seems strange that a primary stat is looking weak. They should buff our spell power coefficient to 65-70%, Censure feels weak outside of trink procs/wings.

Any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgGrandpa View Post
    Semi-dumb question since I think I know the answer:

I have both the polearm and the heirloom axe currently. Neither warforged. I should use the polearm, correct? (I'd prefer to use the axe because it fits my xmog better BECAUSE I'M A NERD LIKE THAT).
    Can we still not transmog Polearms?! Makes me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Paying 800k for Britomart WF + thok's drop pst.
    I can't even get the damn trinkets to drop off either scaly beast this tier, not even in LFR.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Can we still not transmog Polearms?! Makes me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't even get the damn trinkets to drop off either scaly beast this tier, not even in LFR.
    Don't feel bad neither can I. One of our Warriors bonus rolled the WF trink from Galk and also bonus rolled the trink from Thok. Me....yeah no such luck. helm/shoulders from bonus roll as well as Naz mace tonight. Which sadly I upgraded cause we do not raid again till sunday for Thok. But if polearm drops it's mine so eh...

Deleted
    Hey all,

Been a while since I logged in here but I got a quick question that hopefully someone can clear up!

I am fortunate enough to have 4p t16 normal now and was basically wondering should I been using DP instead of SW?

Deleted
    I went good with DP on spoils and Galakras, but SW is still better for single target (and burst ofc).

Deleted
    I went DP on Immerseus, Protectors, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Dark Shamans (though I suspect this was a mistake since we don't stack the bosses up) and Spoils.

What is considered acceptable, good, great in terms of single target dps compared to your simdps? For reference I sim at 215k (normal tf zerat, still normal t15 4pc, normal t15 trinks; my guild isn't very competitive, we are only on normal gala) and I do 185-205k on single target fights (flex mal and flex IJ). Great thread btw.

Edit: To link my armory in my sig

- - - Updated - - -

I also wanted to weigh in on world first guilds not using rets (even though the Russian guild and Envy used one in their h25 kill), the main reason they are not optimal imo is the races pally's can play as horde. Look at the races Method and BL use on all their toons - orcs and trolls on dps. This is because these two races have the best racials for dps. If ret's could roll those races I think you would see more rets utilized.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2013-10-11 at 08:43 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    What is considered acceptable, good, great in terms of single target dps compared to your simdps? .
    Competitive is good enough for your guild to want to take you along to raids. Comparing yourself to anything other than other raiders in your guild is of no value unless you are wishing to move to another. You should also bear in mind that the variation in your boss dps will be huge when you compare the different fights. There are just some fights where we do spectactular dps and others where we will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Competitive is good enough for your guild to want to take you along to raids. Comparing yourself to anything other than other raiders in your guild is of no value unless you are wishing to move to another. You should also bear in mind that the variation in your boss dps will be huge when you compare the different fights. There are just some fights where we do spectactular dps and others where we will struggle.

I get what you're saying about being competitive within my guild, but that isn't really what I'm asking. I also get that dps will vary greatly for different fights and my role within that fight. That's why I picked the two I did, since they are basically tank and spanks with little movement and few mechanics to watch out for, and I can just go ham on single target rotation, without there being any "funny" mechanics, such as getting a dps buff in norushen (where I go in as first dps and focus on boss rest of fight and do 230k for the fight). Just wondering how other posters gauge their own performance vs their simdps. Are you happy at 85%, 90%, 95%? What is that range where you feel you need to work on something?

Deleted
    Last week WoW Progress reckoned my sim DPS should be about 270k (gone up a bit with gear at the end of last reset). My dps on bosses last week ranged from about 171k to about 293k. On some fights I was running around a lot where I would have done much more dps if allowed to remain on the boss. End of the day, if you want to compare yourself, looking at how you perform compared to other paladins at a similar progression level might be the best thing.

Deleted
    During AW and with 4pt16 (or without the 4pt15), is it always a priority to use CS over Judgment !?

And Anaxie, i saw your opinion about the priority of free ds over TV (i'm a little bit surprised about this because in monotarget encounter, i believed that the goal was to make a maximum of TV and free ds don't generate hp to spend) and CS during Avenging Wrath but in case of multi proc of free ds, do we have to use extra free ds over HoW !?
    Last edited by mmoca677383a5d; 2013-10-11 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Using AW doesn't increase 1 spell more than the other. CS is still prefered over Judgement, since it is a flat 20% damage increase. Having T15 or T16 doesn't effect this. You still want to use your procs.

Check further up, or last page. Can't remember who, but someone did the math why you choose CS over Judgement.

Deleted
    Yes i know but i remember t14 where we used Judgement over CS during Avenging Wrath (due to the lower cooldown of HoW) and CS over Judgment outside.

However, i suppose that our level of mastery could now change things.

Another question, could we imagine that the priority between HoW and Free DS is depending of our ilvl weapon !?

I don't see why you would ever want to use 4pcDS over HoW, unless your at 5hp. That's just gonna make you use more CS, which will lower your damage

Deleted
    There's no point not using HoW on cooldown. If you want to use your DS proc, you do it instead of CS as a filler in between HoW. 150% Holy damage is obviously more damage than a CS, and probably also the wasted HP, but you might aswell do it in between the HoW cd.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ev4enko View Post
    Hello guys, I dont read the comments on this thread very often, this might have been asked before, but my question is: Do we stay with Old 4set for max single target DPS? Is it worth it to go full out Warforged gear or go with VP upgraded new tier?

Also should I swap Feather with Spark, since feather got nerferd and I'm 1,6% over hit cap?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inebeef/simple

Sorry for these questions but theorycrafting and simcrafting arent my strengths.
    bump?

Sorry if bumping like this is rude or sth.

bump?

Go to page 238 and read for about 8 pages.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Deleted
    bump?

I already did the math on those exact two trinkets. I also did a simcraft where all the hit on Feather was wasted. Spark came ahead with 500-1500 dps. Depends on your gemming aswell. If you're using prim/second stat gems to utilize feather hit you could probably gain from going hit/haste and exp/haste gems and then using spark. But the other way around too. The difference is minimal overall, but after the initial pull you will atleast be able to time your ES with Spark since the stacks are so easy to count, where as other RPPM trinkets are just random as fuck.