Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    I think we can all agree that THIS will be the expansion where Ret finally outshines every other class.
    Also, THIS will be the expansion where they balance PVP damage and healing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    I think we can all agree that THIS will be the expansion where Ret finally outshines every other class.
    Did Ret become a ranged spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Did Ret become a ranged spec?
    Or a rogue?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Bear worded it poorly. My only concern going forwards in the new loot / stat mechanics in general. Much less about ret since we DO know nothing and classes abilities are changing so much 91-100 and a 96% stat squish we can even concieve what will happen yet.

With the new stats / diablo loot we can. Somewhat. Still need to see the new conversions on all ratings though. Going back to 22 rating per 1% crit/haste again is going to be ermmm... Refreshing?

I think regardless of balance everyone should be interested in

New gem slot procs, What are they? How do they work? What kind of gems are we going to have now?

All the new secondaires How do they work? Ect.

Hearing from celes that HoL will proc since Multistrike is...... actually the exact attack hitting and not a damage mimic is GOOD news to have now going forward.
    We are going to need to have many checks / balances on these stats when beta goes live and damage %s to check for accuracies because blizz has fucked mastery %s and Haste conversions so bad in hte past if anyone here recalls.

Or simple things like a tier bonus resetting swing timer

And of course it's disorganized. Is this your first beta transition Dakeshi? Things get talked about as they are announced. ESPECIALLY the introduction of new damage ratings.

I've said many times this is a HUGE expansion. Combat is changing so much you may aswell call it WoW2
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-26 at 02:50 PM.

I think only time in this entire thread I've said that word is the title. Bear needs a muzzle

Also the title shouldn't be taken literally. I will change this bitch into a spiderman thread tommorrow if I'm bored.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-26 at 04:05 PM.

Guys... there's nothing wrong with discussing upcoming changes (ret or otherwise) and then knocking out misunderstandings here and then asking devs via twitter for clarification. But fine, if you want to sit on your hands and have everything being unkown to when a beta or ptr comes around be my guest... I'm at least gonna ask questions to the different blizzard representatives on twitter etc.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-11-26 at 04:44 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

1. Instead of making gear that could randomly have tertiary stats, be warforged or have gem sockets, I think they should have bosses have a chance to drop tokens (or something similar) so that you can add these things to your already existing gear. That way you don't have to replace gear you already have or juggle whether or not you want one over the other. Eventually, if you kill the boss enough and get lucky enough, you could have gear that is warforged, has a gem slot and has a tertiary stat.

2. I wanted to bring up the fact that my guildie and I noticed that you will receive more burst if you use Exo higher in the priority during AW. The reason we started trying this was that my guildie was consistently out bursting me on pulls but would fall behind me during times when AW was not active. It seems he was still prioritizing Exorcism really high at all times. So, out of curiosity, I tried using Exorcism higher during AW and then keeping it way lower on the priority list after AW faded. This gave me more damage overall than I had when I kept Exorcism lower at all times. Has anyone else tried this out yet? Or were they just fluke numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Guys... there's nothing wrong with discussing upcoming changes (ret or otherwise) and then knocking out misunderstandings here and then asking devs via twitter for clarification. But fine, if you want to sit on your hands and have everything being unkown to when a beta or ptr comes around be my guest... I'm at least gonna ask questions to the different blizzard representatives on twitter etc.
    No one is saying you shouldn't. You just shouldn't do it here, where it isn't relevant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    2. I wanted to bring up the fact that my guildie and I noticed that you will receive more burst if you use Exo higher in the priority during AW. The reason we started trying this was that my guildie was consistently out bursting me on pulls but would fall behind me during times when AW was not active. It seems he was still prioritizing Exorcism really high at all times. So, out of curiosity, I tried using Exorcism higher during AW and then keeping it way lower on the priority list after AW faded. This gave me more damage overall than I had when I kept Exorcism lower at all times. Has anyone else tried this out yet? Or were they just fluke numbers?
    Can you post logs of fights where you didn't prioritize exorcism and he did? Armories as well please.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Asking questions is one thing, filling a thread with lots of useless things that will 99% be changed/clarified once beta comes around is another.

I can not imagine what its like for any rets looking for info right now, pre-blizzcon was what, page 260ish?
    The only way to really fix this is to make a FAQ part on the OP. That way people could reference it. The person who updates the Retribution Guide could also do the same thing or someone make an entirely new thread for FAQ.

I think "totally relevant" (see what I did there?) is in the eyes of the people discussing changes. I recently reactivated and (ugh) started playing Ret, and I've found all the information I need not only from this thread, but from others. Either way, I appreciate Anaxie and anyone else's thoughts and input on the future, even if it is 99% changed when we get there. It's the journey that counts.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Sorry thought this was the ret theorycraft thread, I'll stop then...

Your departure lessens us all.

Asking questions is one thing, filling a thread with lots of useless things that will 99% be changed/clarified once beta comes around is another.

I can not imagine what its like for any rets looking for info right now, pre-blizzcon was what, page 260ish?
    Thats it This is now a spiderman thread. Don't even try to stop me Krekko or I'm taking your paladin card.

Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-26 at 05:57 PM.

Batman > Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    cancer
    Noooooo...it's like 4chan all over again! Mah Ret theorycrafting is ruined...RUINED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough spiderman in the OP

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhX4...adwLlJ7SiUeKDm

- - - Updated - - -

On an unrelated, yet related, note, i finally did get thoks trinket. Just took going back and raiding 10 man for a week, since you clearly have a better chance to get your loot there than in 25
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

There are 292 pages here, do you really think all those pages are filled with thouthfull comments and intelectual discussion? Some of it is for sure, but most of it isnt. Any ret looking for info right now would go to the first page and get all the answers they would need, if they are not satisfied they can post a question and it will be answerd. That is how this thread has worked troughout the expansion and its been a great thread to check in on every now and then thanks to people like Anaxie and Huntingbear

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post

On an unrelated, yet related, note, i finally did get thoks trinket. Just took going back and raiding 10 man for a week, since you clearly have a better chance to get your loot there than in 25
    As a member of the unwashed, 10-man masses, that's a dirty lie. I had to go to flex at 4am to get mine.

re: people bitching about "off topic"... who cares? Like the most important page is page 1, and then if they REALLY need to look for something, you can dig a bit. That's what I had to do when I had questions, took me all of 15 minutes to skim a few pages?

That's also why there's a ret GUIDE/fix my dps/etc, which this is not. It's fun to fantasize and dream about possible scenarios coming up in the future... and then verifying if they're true or not when we get there.

Paragons 25hc down finally, anyone got tips for garrosh hc? Had a bit of fun with the cleave trinket in P1 as I don't have Thok's Tail yet (does like 10-15% of my damage in P1) and pretty much keeping up with locks.

Had to sacrifice some Ret pieces for tanking. Honestly, I don't think we have much theorycrafting to do until the WoD beta hits us in the coming months. However, do you know who has 40% Haste and 150% Mastery?

Italian Effin' Spiderman