that said your first max lvl epic weapon should be nearly complete as you level these weapons and all armor slots are tiered crafts

All the WoD professions are a single set that you upgrade as you gain levels and profession levels. Give me one second

http://www.wowhead.com/item=108046 91lvl ILVL 637
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=108142 95lvl ILVL 650
    http://wod.wowhead.com/item=108226 99lvl ILVL 666

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=108229 99lvl PRISTINE + Socket version ILVL 672

http://www.wowhead.com/item=111202 PVP weapon 660 690 in pvp combat

Blizzard mentioned Mythic and pvp combat mode gear would be nearly equal. So a full crafted set with socket or pristine procs is going to be VERY potent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're dumb. They won't be mandatory.

<3

JUST KIDDING MODS I'm just messing with Anaxie to tease.
    I hope FV is godmode by 2nd tier. <3 Mastery attunement and <3 hamemr spam + mega finishers. makes me erect

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an attempt to put the power of ap scaling in wod into perspect.

BEST known wpn so far in wod is 444 DPS STRENGTH on the weapon ADDS 70 weapond dps

Strength gains on all armor slots are going to be extremely important going forward. Prime is back where it should be. Very dominant.

I would go as far to say that crafting bridges the gear gap or equally suppliments it into highmaul to allow far more focus on Mythic. Though 7 bosses isnt shit and i hope the stagger is atleast 2 months and BRF is out for 5-6 months
    They should IMO just do 8 month tier cycles and keep the boss count up above 16 KEEP trying to do duel zone raids outside the intro tier which allows STAGGER LAUNCHES

It keeps a constant content cycle and doesnt kill people with excessively large boss tiers. Especially mythic raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

something like 2 months into WoD ~ BRF launches 5 months into WoD Faralon <netherstorm launches>. 2 months later 6.2 Launches.

- - - Updated - - -

INTERESTING

So since armor type pvp stats are usually universal.... make sure you cap your conquest weekly!

Look at these yummy shoulders http://wod.wowhead.com/items=4.4?filter=ro=3%3Bsl=3

- - - Updated - - -

NEVERMIND wow pvp armor isn't homogenized in WoD

Dk pvp has haste/mast legs
    wars have Crit / multi legs

Fun

- - - Updated - - -

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=108257#reagent-for Blacksmithing WoD page
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-06-13 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a somewhat large discussion about the mats for the BS stuff awhile back when they were first datamined and whether or not there would be a CD tied to the mats and whatnot. I still think the costs are a bit extreme, compared to every other piece in existence. I mean the pants now at 28 bars is the most of a single mat i can recall having to use since wrath, if not BC. I'm sure it'll take time to complete, but I wouldn't bet on those being the final mat costs right now, til we get more info about the mats themselves. I'd love to be able to make the top-tier weapon by the time I hit 100.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    Damn, that's pretty fast. My guild's best kill on 25 man is 4m 50s.
    Go go speed kill week, its more fun than you think. You know...killing Siegecrafter in 3min 7 sec or, I don't know, Juggernaut in 2:36 ;P
    Main Paladin US-Illidan <Big Dumb Guild>
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I can finally die a happy man. Some people my age have kids and a great marriage. I have a world 2nd mythic Hellfire Assault kill. Who's laughing now?

More fun boosting people and stacking up on gold before WoD
    Still clearing in less than a night and getting quicker each week from valor upgrades, going through SoO with trials and giving socials/ex-raiders some love and enjoying the social bit is more relaxing and fun to me personally. Always fun to laugh at raiders dying while they try to pad meters / fun when raid leader rage at people for padding and causing a wipe.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    How viable is stacking crit over mastery?

It gets more viable the higher ilvl Thok's Tail trinket you have, however it's preference and crit being crit it's RNG.
    I wouldn't think of going crit over mastery unless I had a 580+ ilvl Thok's Tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Okay, I need to know if there's anything I can do to improve my DPS.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xtrm/advanced
    Logs (from tonight) - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...t=23&source=11

I want to know what I'm doing wrong here and anything that I can do to improve my DPS. I know that dropping Jewelcrafting for Blacksmithing would give me a bit of a DPS increase, but I don't see the point if DPS profession perks are getting removed in WoD. So, my main question is, what am I doing wrong for DPS or is it just a gear issue?
    I got the answer that I need to do more AoE on Malkorok on the adds, but my single target still seems low for that fight. Is there anything SINGLE TARGET wise, that I'm doing wrong?

Hey everyone, so currently I use a macro that activates both wings and GoAK at the same time (using sw) so that they line up as perfectly as I can. The problem is, I notice the top rets on my server stagger their uses by ~1 second. Is this more beneficial to just macro-ing them together? If wings are up when Ancient Fury is unleashed, does it get the bonus?

Yes it does, doesn't make a big difference though. Also if you're using Divine Purpose for a fight AW lasts 20sec and Guardian 30sec so you should delay the AW for ~10sec.

Well alrighty then. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It gets more viable the higher ilvl Thok's Tail trinket you have, however it's preference and crit being crit it's RNG.
    I wouldn't think of going crit over mastery unless I had a 580+ ilvl Thok's Tail.

What i'm curious about is the haste you aim for when you do go crit?
    I've always sat 40% (17k?) then full mastery, it seems everyone going with crit is aiming for either 19k (45%) or 21k (50%) whats correct? and why @__@
    Ret has always been my 'main alt' but i havnt really kept up with the latest theory crafting but since my paladins like 586 or something stupid i figured i'd get into it now

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

It's down to preference in all honesty.
    17k (40%) is where the stats (haste, mastery, crit-if you have thok's trinket) start to be "equal" in terms of value.
    Higher haste means higher single target.
    Higher mastery means higher potency of aoe/cleave- in particular when you're going with Divine Purpose.
    Higher crit means higher chance to deal double damage, however you can end up getting your 35% crit strikes on abilities you don't want (rng is rng) and one try your crit output can be lower (or higher) than what you should have. So at times you have stats put into something that gains you nothing (bad rng) but with haste and/or mastery you always have a flat gain so nothing is potentially wasted.

This is down to what you want and how much you want to gamble, if you're on farm and got nothing left to do but pray for that one RNG heaven pull go crit. It's marginally ahead of haste/mastery at average over 10000 sims of 6min combat time, however if you want to play safer and get consistent numbers (with the odd RNG) go haste + mastery. Siege of Orgrimmar is like 87% aoe encounters anyways where mastery is undeniably the strongest.

Deleted
    I ran the 40% haste crit build for a few weeks before switching to 50% haste crit (I was formerly using 40% haste mastery build exclusively). The difference between the two wasn't huge, from what I could tell, although the 50% haste crit build did yield a bit more single-target DPS overall and felt like I had fewer empty globals. Plus it also feels smoother and it was easier to calculate future globals because the numbers are so rounded -- 1 sec GCD, 3s CS, 4s J, etc., which leads to less DPS lost due to human error/reaction time hiccups.

On another note, since I saw this asked recently, I also believe that the shoulders from Garrosh are the BiS off-piece for the crit build (Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief). The chest from Immerseus looks better on paper, but I considered the bigger picture and went through many scenarios for BiS gear. I ultimately concluded that the shoulders are the most optimal piece, although it's a small margin either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaslice View Post
    On another note, since I saw this asked recently, I also believe that the shoulders from Garrosh are the BiS off-piece for the crit build (Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief). The chest from Immerseus looks better on paper, but I considered the bigger picture and went through many scenarios for BiS gear. I ultimately concluded that the shoulders are the most optimal piece, although it's a small margin either way.
    Both these items are pretty terrible. The whole reason why we can go for different builds (mastery, crit, high haste into crit etc.) and be competitive with each other is the fact that all three secondary stats are basicly equal in value.
    But as a result of that fact, 100 haste or mastery is going to be more beneficial than 90 crit even if you go for a crit build. (Extreme example: you wouldn't go for cloth intellect belt just because it had more crit than your plate strength alternative.)

The items in question compared to tier item:
    immerseus chest: 2642 str, 3469 secondary stats
    tier chest: 2486 str, 3377 secondary stats
    net gain: 156 str, 92 secondary stats

garrosh shoulders: 1981 str, 2567 secondary stats
    tier shoulders: 1865 str, 2526 secondary stats
    net gain: 116 str, 41 secondary stats

garrosh legs: 2642 + 60 (better socket bonus) strength, 3584 + 160 (extra socket) secondary stats
    tier legs: 2566 strength, 3383 secondary stats
    net gain: 136 strength, 361 secondary stats

For a spec where basicly mastery = haste = crit losing around 300 secondary stats to move a bit of one of the stats into another is just bad. It would lower your dps by about 1500.

Just reforging and gemming for a different secondary allows you to move more than enough stat rating into the stat you prefer. You actually don't want to go too overboard on this because of the fact that as you stack one of the stats higher, the relative value of the other two increases. Going as far as replacing overall better items with weaker pieces with crit on them will not only lower your overall amount of stats, it will push the value of mastery and haste over the value of crit.

As far as I can tell, the BiS list is the same for all reasonable builds and it is:
    Weapon: polearm from Thok, with sword from Sha being basically equally good, ending up with marginally worse hit cap reforging because of the socket color (for humans, the sword pulls way ahead)
    Head: tier
    Neck: Malkorok's amulet
    Shoulder: tier
    Cloak: legendary
    Chest: tier
    Wrist: Norushen's bracers
    Gloves: tier
    Belt: Iron Juggernaut one
    Legs: Garrosh 3 socket pants
    Feet: Dark Shaman boots
    Rings: Spoils and Dark Shaman rings
    Trinkets: Thok's and Galakras

You can easily juggle between higher or lower mastery/crit, 40 or 50 % haste etc. just by reforging and changing a couple of gems, there is no need to sacrifice the overall amount of stats by going to extremes and changing items for clearly inferior pieces.

Usually just lurk in this thread but tonight when changing from the holy pvp 4 set back to my usual gear I noticed that the haste and mastery values were incorrect after making the swap back.

Haste is 40.05% and Mastery is 72.04%, but when swapping back from the holy pvp 4 set, my Haste drops to 39.91% and my Mastery drops to 71.52%. It's not just a graphical error as the CDs on everything change. Unequipping and re-equipping the trinket returns the stats to their correct amount. Is this a new bug or is it something that has gone unnoticed?

supposedly it refreshes with bloodlust/heroism

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yes it does, doesn't make a big difference though. Also if you're using Divine Purpose for a fight AW lasts 20sec and Guardian 30sec so you should delay the AW for ~10sec.
    Are u sure if that delaying AW for 10 secs for 20 secs of Goak is still good?coz eye of galakras is losing its role then....

With 580+ ilvl galakras trinket AW has ~80sec CD and GoaK ~120sec CD. Note that this is only with DP.
    pop everything on pull.
    second AW after 80sec
    second GoaK 120sec (or delay to ~ 150sec to line up with third AW for short fights, 3-4min fights)
    third AW ~160sec
    first true lineup potential after pull at 240sec - third GoaK and fourth AW.

You don't delay AW by 10sec if you're running DP to get the "final blow" from GoaK with AW buff, you delay it so AW has the full buff of GoaK. If you reach the 12% buff faster than 10sec then by all means use AW earlier, it's just wasteful to use AW for 5 seconds when GoaK buffs isn't maxed yet. GoaK = 30sec duration, AW = 20sec (30sec with SW)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post
    Are u sure if that delaying AW for 10 secs for 20 secs of Goak is still good?coz eye of galakras is losing its role then....
    Depends a lot on the fight, it's a very minor detail when running with DP. I've run with DP for pretty much every single encounter the past month (lazy, farm, boring content) and if I have control over the fight then it's something that might buy me ~5-8 seconds of AW + 12% GoaK time, eye of galakras still does what it does- delay 10sec and it comes back off cd 10sec later-> to line up with whatever else you wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Distinctive View Post
    Usually just lurk in this thread but tonight when changing from the holy pvp 4 set back to my usual gear I noticed that the haste and mastery values were incorrect after making the swap back.

Haste is 40.05% and Mastery is 72.04%, but when swapping back from the holy pvp 4 set, my Haste drops to 39.91% and my Mastery drops to 71.52%. It's not just a graphical error as the CDs on everything change. Unequipping and re-equipping the trinket returns the stats to their correct amount. Is this a new bug or is it something that has gone unnoticed?
    think it's the same if you have 2x stat trinkets (prot paladins use it) depending on which you equipped first/last and things it gets weird, should fix itself in combat though.

Just recently changed from a 10 man guild to a 25 man guild. HWF gear is no longer a myth, sadly I can't equip a piece till I 4/4 it. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Distinctive View Post

It fixes itself if you re-equip the %amp trinkets.