1. #1301
    ilvl 503 with hc starshatter simmed with sim 510-10 (10,000 reps)
    "light movement"
    Str 3.45
    Mst 1.45
    Cri 1.42
    Hst 1.42

    "patchwerk"
    Str 3.51
    Hst 1.62
    Cri 1.49
    Mst 1.46

    Sims have been saying the Str>2*haste for some while for me, but gemming haste/haste+hit just "feels" smoother

    Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

  2. #1302
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,774
    Has anyone seen the 4-set Ret PvP set...?

    Looks pretty overpowered.

  3. #1303
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Has anyone seen the 4-set Ret PvP set...?

    Looks pretty overpowered.
    Yeah it's the same as the PvE 4-set.

  4. #1304
    Any ideas on how much valor we should have saved up for the patch? Since we get certain gear at certain reputation levels, which I assume we can only reach certain levels after so many weeks of raiding, we shouldn't need a full 3k, right? Ring, Neck and Cloak is all we need? 3750 valor. I haven't been able to find how fast we'll be able to gain reputation. I'd like to be able to maximize the upgrades on my gear before 5.2 without slowing my VP reward gains in the patch.

    Neck - 1250 vp (Neutral)
    Ring - 1250 vp (Friendly)
    Cloak - 1250 vp (Honored)

  5. #1305
    Mechagnome Neldarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    556
    Remember that you will get "free" 1000 extra VP on that same reset as patch launches.
    WoW = Main: Ret Alt(s): War

    Diablo3

  6. #1306
    Yeah, I get how that works into the equation, I'm just not sure what the time table looks like for us getting to each one of the reputation levels. First week Neutral, I think we can assume pretty easy. How long to get Friendly and Honored? Do I only need 1250 to grab the neck item right away? (250, if you want to smash through 1k valor on patch day) Or should I bank 1500? 1250 for the neck then get 1k over the week for the other 1250 for the ring? I'm just trying to work out the math so I can upgrade as many pieces as I can before patch day without sacrificing when I get the vp rewards.

  7. #1307
    Mechagnome Neldarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    556
    Well considering I'll be stuck using current 4set for quite abit and the level of my current gear, I'll prolly only bank 1500 which is ring+neck with 1000valor from that week and focus on upgrading stuff I won't be replacing very soon.
    WoW = Main: Ret Alt(s): War

    Diablo3

  8. #1308
    Well yeah, I would assume we are keeping 4 set until we replace it with... 4 set? Doubt I'm wrong but who knows

    You can only gain reputation 1 time per week lets say... 250 per boss?

    Bam 3k rep 12/12 then guild perk for 3300 Reputation.

    Then.... the weekly http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32707

    also weekly raid quests.

    AND you can farm island rares for 3 ritual stones to summon a boss to obtain... Shado-Pan Assault Insignia also found in troves of thunder king and your daily finale quest bag.

    ANYHOW TLDR
    You can buy neck instantly and ring after u finish 12/12. Then 2 weeks later you can buy cloak or sooner if you are aggressive.

    Essentially upgrade everything and save only 1500 VP if you are sitting in Full BIS

    Wouldn't worry alot about braces since Jin'rhok Heroic will come early and that guy drops random stats yellow socket bracers. GG
    2nd boss drops static stated bracers ect.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-17 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Well yeah, I would assume we are keeping 4 set until we replace it with... 4 set? Doubt I'm wrong but who knows
    I dunno about that. T15 2-set is pretty good. Assuming (with safe numbers) that 65% of our damage is Holy on single-target, with the 2-set at a 60% uptime, that's at LEAST a 2.34% increase in overall damage. That's basically the bare minimum. It also makes our AOE even better as mastery will double-dip the buff with Divine Storm and Hammer of the Righteous.

  10. #1310
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,632
    Has anyone figured out if that 6% holy damage you put up on enemies is only effecting your spells/abilities.
    Say if you have couple holy paladins and a few priests dealing holy damage will our 2 set buff them?
    And in the same way, will 2 (or more) ret paladins with the 2 set then double the uptime (or chance of it being up) thus 2 or even 3 rets being the "best" setup for us (not that it's ever going to be good... because rets are shit bottom dps anyways)

    Just wondering, the 2 set is gonna be hard / impossible to keep up alone, but if you can use the debuff applied by another ret? that's gonna be a big differance!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  11. #1311
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Has anyone figured out if that 6% holy damage you put up on enemies is only effecting your spells/abilities.
    Say if you have couple holy paladins and a few priests dealing holy damage will our 2 set buff them?
    And in the same way, will 2 (or more) ret paladins with the 2 set then double the uptime (or chance of it being up) thus 2 or even 3 rets being the "best" setup for us (not that it's ever going to be good... because rets are shit bottom dps anyways)

    Just wondering, the 2 set is gonna be hard / impossible to keep up alone, but if you can use the debuff applied by another ret? that's gonna be a big differance!
    Doesn't have to be up 100% of the time to be beneficial - and like I keep saying over and over and over and over and over again, they're STILL doing number tuning so direct actual data to them.

  12. #1312
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Has anyone figured out if that 6% holy damage you put up on enemies is only effecting your spells/abilities.
    The 2p states
    Your Exorcism causes your target to take 6% increased Holy damage from your attacks for 6 sec.

  13. #1313
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    The 2p states
    I know what it says, but blizzard has made some wierd shit before.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  14. #1314
    I don't know if this has been stated already but, Mastery seems to be outweighing Haste especially with 2 pc/4 pc Holy bonuses, So gemming mastery and mastery/str as of now looks like the go to Option.

  15. #1315
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoaxlis View Post
    I don't know if this has been stated already but, Mastery seems to be outweighing Haste especially with 2 pc/4 pc Holy bonuses, So gemming mastery and mastery/str as of now looks like the go to Option.
    I think you need to be above a certain threshold of haste before that becomes the case. Mastery will get better because of the set bonuses, of course, and even more-so for AOE situations, but haste is still the go-to stat at LEAST up to 15.5% for sure. that's the absolute bare minimum.

  16. #1316
    I'm not making list yet because alot of items aren't slotted in dungeon journal yet. Most noteable is our 2 best weapons the polearm and the haste sword.....

    I have a feeling ret is going to be boned on pve tuning, itemization, and weapon drops this tier. Prepare your anus. And if your horde and your guild is going mostly trolls GG ride that bench.

    upside between horde representation and LOLcrit for warriors to destroy everyone maybe we will get pity band aid buffed this tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  17. #1317
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm not making list yet because alot of items aren't slotted in dungeon journal yet. Most noteable is our 2 best weapons the polearm and the haste sword.....

    I have a feeling ret is going to be boned on pve tuning, itemization, and weapon drops this tier. Prepare your anus. And if your horde and your guild is going mostly trolls GG ride that bench.

    upside between horde representation and LOLcrit for warriors to destroy everyone maybe we will get pity band aid buffed this tier.
    How many bosses this tier are beasts? I mean, horde already have the distinct advantage race wise, now this could just be throwing them some more help.

  18. #1318
    4.5 bosses the .5 being Iron Qon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  19. #1319
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    105
    It doesn't help though that horde rets are gimped with no dps benefits at all... In fact i think we're the only dps class-spec who has no racial dps benefits as horde.

  20. #1320
    Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    It doesn't help though that horde rets are gimped with no dps benefits at all... In fact i think we're the only dps class-spec who has no racial dps benefits as horde.
    Well ya every class can be trolls except paladins. Lets call it payback for TBC SoB eh elves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •