Quote Originally Posted by Ruvenn View Post
    So,which VP item we going for 1st?
    Belt, then anything else that refuses to drop. Make sure to cap close to 3k if 5.1 is going to be out this quick with the "valor upgrade" system.

i think enchanting is worse than jc (i have both ><)
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

Quote Originally Posted by Zipas View Post
    i think enchanting is worse than jc (i have both ><)
    Enchanting is better than Jewelcrafting since it effectively adds mod slots instead of consuming existing slots with sub-par gains. The fact that we can only enchant prime stats (stam aside) to rings is rather disappointing, but it is a significant net gain over JC.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Not until it's actually worth using hybrids over strength in reds - right now haste is not strong enough relative to strength for that, so JC's bonus is still 320 strength.

with enchanting you get 160 str you want it or not, with jc you get 160 extra str OR 320 extra haste, which is better. enchanting might be equal at some gear point but is worse eventually.
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

with enchanting you get 160 str you want it or not, with jc you get 160 extra str OR 320 extra haste, which is better. enchanting might be equal at some gear point but is worse eventually.
    Actually, with jc, you get 320 extra str (160x2, because imperial rubies have 160 str and serpent's eyes have 320), BUT you only get 320 haste (160x2, because Sun's radiance give 320, and serpent's eyes get 480) [this is considering using enchants on rings [320 each] with replacing any blue quality gem [160 main, 320 secondary] with a serpent's eye [320 main, 480 secondary]. Thus making gemming main stats equal to enchanting for now, until epic gems come out, where JC lags behind.

2 rings = 2 jc gems. didnt expect that ill need to make it clear. still, ench cant be better than jc, only worse. and when epic gems come out, nothing will change, if blizz wont update profs yet again.

2 rings = 2 jc gems. didnt expect that ill need to make it clear. still, ench cant be better than jc, only worse. and when epic gems come out, nothing will change, if blizz wont update profs yet again.
    Enchanting is better once you get to high enough ilvls that you're gemming mainly haste. For now JC and enchanting are equal, but that'll change once we get into heroic gear.

Deleted
    A few questions:
    If secondary stats trump strength on gems after a certain gear treshold, shouldn't expertise/haste be better then str/haste as well?
    (yes, it exists, i even have them in my gear for they are way cheaper then strength gems... should be replaced with my pre raid gear though)

Am i right that using 458 pvp gear is often a better choice then 463 heroics gear if the pvp gear has a socket?
    Which item to buy next from valor?
    I already have cloak (human bonus to shad pan rep for the win), and am considering buying the belt.

i have a few options though:
    replace 458 pvp belt with better pvp belt and buy valor neck, or buy epic pvp shoulders and replace eigther neck or waist with valor upgrade.

So I'm currently at 8.1k haste, that's roughly 19%. how much haste did we want again? I've been telling myself 23-25% from rating before going over to Str and mastery.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    So I'm currently at 8.1k haste, that's roughly 19%. how much haste did we want again? I've been telling myself 23-25% from rating before going over to Str and mastery.
    Last time I checked stat weights Strength was around ~3.0 and Haste ~1.30, so what's up with this?

Check again.

Hunting, at full T14H BiS level with as much haste as is physically possible to get on the gear it's still sims significantly (54% of strength vs. 33% of strength) stronger than mastery.

However, until you get closer to the T14H level strength, crit, and mastery levels you really ought to be gemming like we did in cata with str and str/haste instead of focusing on haste as you have.

And if you can get any other trinket besides Coren's use it. It's awful.
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-10-08 at 10:35 PM.

So keep going STR, have we found a point where str or even mastery becomes better? Str will come with gear ofc but at what point do we go STR gems?

You should be gemming Strength now, not later; later (as in normal T14, I believe), you should be gemming haste and you'll definitely be gemming it in heroic T14.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

I know the trinket I got is shit, getting DMF one asap.

Deleted
    Should have gotten the vp belt instead of the ring tbh.. there's an extra socket on it.

getting belt next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Should have gotten the vp belt instead of the ring tbh.. there's an extra socket on it.
    Yea, not everyone is going to get the belt this week but most should be able to get it next week, not because of valor but because of rep. I also went ring and will pick up the belt on reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Check again.
    I wasn't able to add Huntingbear's armory and I'm logged out in PvP gear myself so I used Anaxie's instead.

You guys are welcome to explain why gemming pure haste would seem like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I wasn't able to add Huntingbear's armory and I'm logged out in PvP gear myself so I used Anaxie's instead.

You guys are welcome to explain why gemming pure haste would seem like a good idea.
    That's not T14H.