Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    at the scale of the actuall trinket procs I don't think 7-800 haste is going to matter...
    On the other hand, we're optimizing socket bonuses down to the last bit of haste, a lot less than 700-800 points of haste..

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    On the other hand, we're optimizing socket bonuses down to the last bit of haste, a lot less than 700-800 points of haste..
    That's not really the same thing though haha. We're talking about a trinket that procs 1800 str and can stack 5 times. You wanna start factoring that proc into it, which is what people are doing, it's nothing close to "320 haste here or 80str+160 haste with a 60 haste socket bonus". Yes, we squeeze every bit of haste we can out of gemming/reforging, it's quite a different story when we're talking about a trinket that can stack to give us like 9000 str without the same rampup time. Yes I know that it's not going to be common to sustain the 9k proc and I realize the proc on Spark as well, but what people are debating here is the value of those trinket procs at a very high gear level, where the difference isn't going to matter what the passive stat on the trinket is, much like we don't really give a shit about how much hit is on feather, that thing procs so often without rampup time that the passive on it could be int (I don't know that for sure, havent done the math, but what I'm getting from the discussion is the procs and how they make the passive stats on trinkets pretty trivial).
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-06-16 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    That's not really the same thing though haha. We're talking about a trinket that procs 1800 str and can stack 5 times. You wanna start factoring that proc into it, which is what people are doing, it's nothing close to "320 haste here or 80str+160 haste with a 60 haste socket bonus". Yes, we squeeze every bit of haste we can out of gemming/reforging, it's quite a different story when we're talking about a trinket that can stack to give us like 9000 str without the same rampup time. Yes I know that it's not going to be common to sustain the 9k proc and I realize the proc on Spark as well, but what people are debating here is the value of those trinket procs at a very high gear level, where the difference isn't going to matter what the passive stat on the trinket is, much like we don't really give a shit about how much hit is on feather, that thing procs so often without rampup time that the passive on it could be int (I don't know that for sure, havent done the math, but what I'm getting from the discussion is the procs and how they make the passive stats on trinkets pretty trivial).
    I think the main attraction to the primo trinket is the fact that it almost always stacks to 5 during lust(at least from what I've heard). Thus making your burst during lust with CDs far higher, where as you can't guarentee that with spark. Not to mention a lot of us are experimeting with lower haste + higher mastery builds.

Was talking about current tier and situations regarding set-bonuses, but ye TF tier will fuck that over I guess. Way things stand atm you shouldn't be replacing current 543 4set and ride the ret buffs with stuff like maybe new weapons/new trinkets and offset stuff in terms of early progress upgrades.

And about spark vs primo debate. I just find primo to be alot more reliable. Afterall good dps = reliable numbers.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

any improvements to be gotten? I try to make the best of what I can get, which is limited to everything up to ToT LFR, nalak and oondasta.

Deleted
    After taking a quick look the first thing that came to mind is getting the boots crafted, mats shouldn't be too expensive now. And seems like you're not using 1 serpent's eye! Might be an idea to go for the socket bonus in your chest and gem it with the 320str and a lightning wild jade (160 haste/hit) should be better than 2x 320 haste and no socket bonus, think you can juggle the reforges around a bit that way too. Hope I somewhat helped!

Deleted
    What the actual fuck, Anaxie, my Ret idol, you went male cow, whyyyyy :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxine View Post
    After taking a quick look the first thing that came to mind is getting the boots crafted, mats shouldn't be too expensive now. And seems like you're not using 1 serpent's eye! Might be an idea to go for the socket bonus in your chest and gem it with the 320str and a lightning wild jade (160 haste/hit) should be better than 2x 320 haste and no socket bonus, think you can juggle the reforges around a bit that way too. Hope I somewhat helped!
    i can't lose any more hit than I already am doing. I actually just switched out the gem in my helmet because the hit was 90% wasted.

and yeah, the serpent eye is something I keep forgetting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post

any improvements to be gotten? I try to make the best of what I can get, which is limited to everything up to ToT LFR, nalak and oondasta.
    The shoulder and chest socket bonuses are worth it, even if you use a haste/stam gem in the chest. You could use your JC gem in either piece.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Deleted
    You are saying about need of haste&stamina gems, but u still reforge crit to haste? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek View Post
    You are saying about need of haste&stamina gems, but u still reforge crit to haste? I don't get it.
    Because haste is a greater stat than crit for Retribution? Not exactly sure what you are trying to ask...

He's talking about the socket bonuses. To determine if it's worth it, you have to math out what you're losing for what you're gaining using your stat weights. DMC is right, the socket bonuses are worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    He's talking about the socket bonuses. To determine if it's worth it, you have to math out what you're losing for what you're gaining using your stat weights. DMC is right, the socket bonuses are worth it.
    I see. I thought a crit bonus wouldn't be worth it. or is at these days any socket bonus worth gemming for, since our stats are so close together? is my belt bonus worth it (even though i'll likely replace it with jin-rokh or valor belt in the near future)?

and what item should I be spending 500 valor on next?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. I thought a crit bonus wouldn't be worth it. or is at these days any socket bonus worth gemming for, since our stats are so close together? is my belt bonus worth it (even though i'll likely replace it with jin-rokh or valor belt in the near future)?

and what item should I be spending 500 valor on next?
    For the belt you have, the only time you would match it is if you could use the hit from a haste/hit gem, otherwise, 320 str or 320 haste in the blue socket > 160 haste + 60 crit from socket bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    For the belt you have, the only time you would match it is if you could use the hit from a haste/hit gem, otherwise, 320 str or 320 haste in the blue socket > 160 haste + 60 crit from socket bonus.
    Well since you seem to be reforging into hit on your ring still, I would recommend putting a hit/haste gem in your chest, moving your JC gems to chest/shoulder, putting a second haste gem in your belt changing your ring reforge to crit > mastery. This will still put you a little under hit, so you may want to change your green leg gem to hit/haste. I would recommend 2x upgrading your legs next since they're probably the last thing you'll be replacing in your current gear set.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-06-17 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Well since you seem to be reforging into hit on your ring still, I would recommend putting a hit/haste gem in your chest, moving your JC gems to chest/shoulder, putting a second haste gem in your belt changing your ring reforge to crit > mastery. This will still put you a little under hit, so you may want to change your green leg gem to hit/haste. I would recommend 2x upgrading your legs next since they're probably the last thing you'll be replacing in your current gear set.
    okay. what belt should I aim for, assuming drops are only LFR? VP belt, or still a 502 LFR belt?

Deleted
    okay. what belt should I aim for, assuming drops are only LFR? VP belt, or still a 502 LFR belt?
    Total_Weight = sum (StatNo_X * StatWeight_X), where X=Str, Haste, Crit, Mastery.

I'd say LFR belt. One extra socket, better itemization, and lets you free up valor for upgrades on other gear.

Deleted
    I managed to get a pure haste belt from Battlefield Barrens.

any suggestions on this?

edit: also, I'm stuck on 990/1K VP for this week, so no more upgrades until wednesday.

I'm stuck on 990/1K VP for this week, so no more upgrades until wednesday.
    you can still get the 10 last Valor Points....
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!