Deleted
    Hi mates! Today i have changed my sockets from 80str/160haste to 160exp/160haste ! So i have 6% more mastery , no haste loss and become a little bit crit BUT loose 640str! Before i simmed my stat weights and exp was higher than str! So what you think is this stupid what i have done or can i give it a try today on farmraid?

Armorylink: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lôwe/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Flowe View Post
    Hi mates! Today i have changed my sockets from 80str/160haste to 160exp/160haste ! So i have 6% more mastery , no haste loss and become a little bit crit BUT loose 640str! Before i simmed my stat weights and exp was higher than str! So what you think is this stupid what i have done or can i give it a try today on farmraid?

Armorylink: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lôwe/advanced
    You did that because Mastery simmed higher than strength, so you gemmed expertise/haste gems so you could reforge expertise on your gear to mastery (or not reforge mastery to expertise). I did the same about 1.5 week ago, barely noticed a difference though.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Made some gem and reforge changes today as well, 10.1k mastery with might. I'll check back after lei shen progress and see if I noticed any difference (will nerd my logs).
    went up around 1k mastery for roughly 360 str loss and got much closer to exp cap as well so gained some stats one way or another anyways.

Still have str/haste gems in some pieces because I can't reforge away more exp and I'm already slightly over exp cap (like 40 rating or so) my gear is good (apart from the disgusting hit sword) so it's easy to make changes
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quite different, but a very improtant topic: i see nothing changed with T16 about having 2 x hit and 2 x exp on slots. Melee are in a big disadvantage here - we got capable stats on 4 of 5 tier slots, where casters like locks got 2hit items on 5 slots. Thats why we are floating over caps in hundreds of wasted stats through all raid content.

Maybe post this somewhere on forums or GC tweets: Ret in HC gear got 7.35% exp 7.97% hit from a t16 tier alone so 15.32% capable stats from 4 items with 15 slots available, where warlock or mage got 8.3%hit, so they have a plenty room for items with hit. Especially when more than a half items got hit on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek View Post
    Quite different, but a very improtant topic: i see nothing changed with T16 about having 2 x hit and 2 x exp on slots. Melee are in a big disadvantage here - we got capable stats on 4 of 5 tier slots, where casters like locks got 2hit items on 5 slots. Thats why we are floating over caps in hundreds of wasted stats through all raid content.

Maybe post this somewhere on forums or GC tweets: Ret in HC gear got 7.35% exp 7.97% hit from a t16 tier alone so 15.32% capable stats from 4 items with 15 slots available, where warlock or mage got 8.3%hit, so they have a plenty room for items with hit. Especially when more than a half items got hit on them.
    I believe these items are just placeholders and can and will change. you'll notice they're just scaled up versions of T15, or at least they were last build.

in general, regard everything you encounter on the PTR with a distrusting eye until it's put to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    I believe these items are just placeholders and can and will change. you'll notice they're just scaled up versions of T15, or at least they were last build.

in general, regard everything you encounter on the PTR with a distrusting eye until it's put to live.
    That's what I noticed as well, same model, same stats, same gem slots. They probably just used it to show the set bonuses.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    anaxie, while i was testing the new 4 piece the only time any proc would be wasted with DP is IF you use the DS proc WITH dp up as well, this may be a bug but i dont know. as it stands we would only waste procs like that on pure AOE where we just spam DS.
    As for replacing TV with DS permanently, i don't see it being a problem as long as they keep the damage bonus on the tier set.
    and yes, the current T16 is just place holder with the bonuses on the last set, we still have no idea what stats are on it(PLEASE GOD! NO MORE HIT! 11% WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH!) i also hope it looks cool too, almost had a heart attack over how horrendous the season 14 set looked like and thought that was the t16 set, i nearly cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    anaxie, while i was testing the new 4 piece the only time any proc would be wasted with DP is IF you use the DS proc WITH dp up as well, this may be a bug but i dont know. as it stands we would only waste procs like that on pure AOE where we just spam DS.
    As for replacing TV with DS permanently, i don't see it being a problem as long as they keep the damage bonus on the tier set.
    and yes, the current T16 is just place holder with the bonuses on the last set, we still have no idea what stats are on it(PLEASE GOD! NO MORE HIT! 11% WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH!) i also hope it looks cool too, almost had a heart attack over how horrendous the season 14 set looked like and thought that was the t16 set, i nearly cried.
    That bug needs reported and DS needs a extra bump to fully replace tv single target.
    I feel like if they want to do this bonus a que / charges should be applied somewhat how raging blow charges for warriors work. Right now we have a talent we are likely to be using and the set bonus working against eachother. Our charges need to stack.

They need to confirm what is going to take priority on usage too. 4 set or DP? Which will be consumed first?

Also I mispoke about replace DS with TV. The bonus is only applied to the PROC divine storm. This could turn out quite clunky. My head fucking hurts.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-20 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    That bug needs reported and DS needs a extra bump to fully replace tv single target.
    I feel like if they want to do this bonus a que / charges should be applied somewhat how raging blow charges for warriors work. Right now we have a talent we are likely to be using and the set bonus working against eachother. Our charges need to stack.

They need to confirm what is going to take priority on usage too. 4 set or DP? Which will be consumed first?

Also I mispoke about replace DS with TV. The bonus is only applied to the PROC divine storm. This could turn out quite clunky. My head fucking hurts.
    Was confused about the ds/tv replacement thing. Thanks for clarifying.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

4-set should be used first if they're both active and you're using Divine Storm. Proc rate should be a bit higher imo but maybe 25% will work.

In terms of our single-target damage, however, I think the better solution is buffing our 2-set to 10%.

Agreed. I don't really think the new 2set is enough to just lose current 4set outright for.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Agreed. I don't really think the new 2set is enough to just lose current 4set outright for.
    Of course it isn't current 2 set double dips hand of light damage increasing it twice. Would new AoW double dip? it's very easy tho. 150% holy damage swirl with a lower proc frequencey and extra gcd OR a 275% holy damage strike with one GCD and nearly DOUBLE proc frequency. Let's not forget the impact of Seal of truth procs and the Mastery damage from a Holy TV vs DS. it's pretty far behind currently unless it's a significant add fight. Essentially it means over a great deal of the first month or 2 of progression you will be better off keeping and swapping between TWO different sets of tier gear. That is fucking awful design.

It doesn't make me excited to get my new tier set like I have been for the entirety of the expansion. Infact I'm inclined to pass on everything unless we are looking at a significant add fight outside nazgrim and Garrosh.

Most importantly let's remember DS is a NORMALIZED that is a 3.3 speed whirlwind. TV is NOT normalized so your weapon damage on your character sheet is untouched. If you know anything about ret you know how significant a dps drop .3 Speed on a strike is. it's several THOUSANDS in weapon damage at this point.

For a comparison on just how much damage we are losing lets simply go with our bread and butter. HOLY TV + Crusader strike VS Normal TV and 150% DS. I mean we have to compare 2 GCD's afterall. It's only fair.

This proc HAS to be put off the GCD. I cannot stress this enough
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-20 at 08:11 PM.

Isn't the proc rate outer shit too? I mean it's not really 40% vs 25%, isn't it rather 40% every ~3.3 seconds vs 25% every ~ 7-8 seconds?
    Last edited by Meanor; 2013-06-20 at 09:15 PM.

Hi everyone what is better? LFR Frozen Hells with prismatic slot or 516 mastery/expertise? I'm leaning towards Frozen Hells because it gives almost 1k more haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by norml View Post
    Hi everyone what is better? LFR Frozen Hells with prismatic slot or 516 mastery/expertise? I'm leaning towards Frozen Hells because it gives almost 1k more haste.
    You cannot look at secondary stats alone when comparing two weapons with that staggered of item levels, the iLv 516 will give you more DPS because of the weapon damage alone.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    Isn't the proc rate outer shit too? I mean it's not really 40% vs 25%, isn't it rather 40% every ~3.3 seconds vs 25% every ~ 7-8 seconds?
    If you TV every 7 seconds you are awful as fuck at ret. The scenario is however u get 40%. ALOT more then 25% for a HIGHER damage attack. Ontop of this sometimes it takes TWO crusader strikes without Art of war procs to gain 1 templars verdict so it's more like 60% chance for Holy TV in those scenarios VS 25% chance to gain an okay attack. All and all it's a TV every chance to proc every 4 ish seconds. To game this new tier set we are going to be forced into going with Divine Purpose. Significantly lowering cooldown damage but across the board it should somewhat average out. The only downside is we go to 100% RNG reliant dps. Hammer spam was always a sure thing.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-20 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    You cannot look at secondary stats alone when comparing two weapons with that staggered of item levels, the iLv 516 will give you more DPS because of the weapon damage alone.
    Except those 516's are 3.5 speed making them much less attractive and LFR weapons end up pulling ahead I do believe.

question for you guys, been rocking a normal TF Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword for some time now and coined a normal NOT TF Greatsword of Frozen Hells today and am wondering which one i should be using. seeing how Zerat has hit on it i would assume thats a factor, im at 8.08 hit with the Zerat atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintpauller View Post
    question for you guys, been rocking a normal TF Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword for some time now and coined a normal NOT TF Greatsword of Frozen Hells today and am wondering which one i should be using. seeing how Zerat has hit on it i would assume thats a factor, im at 8.08 hit with the Zerat atm.
    within the same itemlevel: Hells=Bo-Ris>Uroe>>>Zerat. Bo-Ris pulls ahead slightly at high gear levels because we have so much haste on our gear.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 09:40 AM ----------

Anaxie, they are extremely unlikely to ever let DS replace TV on single target. Not only is that dangerous on fights with CC or AoE restrictions, but they also want players to use a different rotation for single target and AoE. I mean, every DPS spec does things differently on AoE:

frost uses howling blast more and uses DnD.
    unholy uses pestilence and BB.
    balance multidots and hurricanes.
    feral swipetrashes.
    hunter multishots.
    mages use their AoEs.
    monks spin to win.
    priests use mind sear.
    rogues use blade flurry, fan of knives and crimson tempest.
    elemental uses earthquake and chain lightning.
    enhancement uses fire nova.
    affliction does seed spam.
    demonology does hellfire.
    destruction does rain of fire and fire and brimstone.
    warriors use whirlwind.

even we paladins switch from CS and TV to HotR and DS. if they make us use divine storm on ST, the only difference is HotR and maybe a seal swap. it's against the basic class design.

Finally replaced my shitter ring. Now to replace the other zzzz