So yeeeeeeeeeeeeah. Not gonna be around till nearly the end of this month. Cheers guys.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    im a little scared about how ret is doing atm with the PTR, we haven't seen any real changes to them but tons of nerfs/ compensation buffs to prot and holy. Could this mean they will leave us alone for now?? i certainly hope so!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Twin Consorts (HC + TF) boots give you:
    + 1401 Strength
    + 1,053 Critical Strike
    + 765 Haste
    + 320 Haste gem
    = 1401 str
    1085 haste rating
    1,053 Critical Strike -> 40% can be turned into mastery (around 410 rating)

Sabatons of the Superior Being (HC + TF) boots give you:
    + 1,313 Strength
    + 885 Critical Strike
    + 368 Haste
    + 552 Expertise
    + 480 Haste (gems)
    + 120 Strength (socket bonus)
    = 1433 str
    848 haste rating
    885 crit rating
    552 Expertise**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since most of us in bis gear won't need the exp the exp value is almost 0, unless the twins boots are HC + TF they're not better than the Ra Den boots though. The differance is marginal but if we're talking BiS then :P
    So Ra Den boots give you 20ish more str but 100-150 /haste rating than the Twin Consorts boots on top of that you can reforge some crit to mastery on the Twin Consorts boots.

In regards to your hit, you got 4 x haste/hit gems and you are 255 hit rating over cap as far as I can see. If you want to you can gem stam to gain a hair more survivability, not going to make a world of differance though...
    Get the 600 cloak and the twins boots and you'll drop below exp cap. (~200 rating from cap)

##############
    Someone else (pref Anaxie) check over the numbers, I'm def not getting the Ra Den boots over HC TF Twins boots.
    as far as i can see your numbers seem accurate at first glance. As for my opinion, unless your having to reforge INTO expertise, which is usually not the case with a bo-ris, the ra-den boots are worse due to the twins boots having what 150ish more haste for 30 str?

Coined H Bo-ris today of Ji-Kun, about had to change my pants. Been stuck with regular Council sword since first week of normal clear when ToT released. Have to wait for tuesday reset to come around to upgrade it though. >< 10/13H for us now

Starting to get really excited for Seige patch now that I'm not the only one in the raid without a heroic weapon lol.
    Last edited by Wumpybumps; 2013-07-15 at 04:21 AM.

PTR notes
    Selfless Healer:
    Your successful Judgments generate a charge of Holy Power and reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times.

So Judgement generates 2 holy power? I haven't been on ptr yet to check this but holy shit if it does...

*update*
    tested on PTR, doesn't work for ret/prot. Not sure if the latest PTR patch notes are up to date with PTR client.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-07-15 at 09:16 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    PTR notes
    Selfless Healer:
    Your successful Judgments generate a charge of Holy Power and reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light by 35% per stack and improves its effectiveness by 20% per stack when used to heal others. Stacks up to 3 times.

So Judgement generates 2 holy power? I haven't been on ptr yet to check this but holy shit if it does...

Most likely a datamining error.I think it will work on for holy since they were trying to find a way to make SH viable for them so they added the HoPo from Judging.

Deleted
    Lore clarified it.

prot and ret function the same as they did before regardless of talent choices, while holy paladins who spec into selfless healer will get 1 holy power if they judge, but only if they're specced into SH.

short version: it's a holy change.

Yeah went on ptr and did more checks with ptr client version etc. Knew it was too good to be true :P

Yeah went on ptr and did more checks with ptr client version etc. Knew it was too good to be true :P
    Well of course. Why would they put that into a utility teir of talents? It would make it mandatory for ret to take SH.

One is allowed to dream ^^

unless the twins boots are HC + TF they're not better than the Ra Den boots though.
    Looks like I have BiS then. #10manproblems

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    Got a few questions I'm not certain of the answer :

Is it really a gain to seal twist to keep a "buffed" Censure rolling ? What kinds of buffs would be necessary (GoaK/AW + potion + maxed trinket procs, or less would be fine too ?). Is there a specific break even point ?

Also, anyone using clcInfo minds sharing his 4pT15 rotation string ? I find it rather strange that there isn't a "csaw" implemented to emphasize cs over exo during AW ...

Edit : I implemented it myself, now my rotation looks like this : inq tv4_4t15 tv3_4t15 tv5 howaw cs_n4t15aw tv4aw tvaw how exo cs_n4t15 jaw j tv3 cs ss
    Any remarks ?
    cs_n4t15aw doesnt exist as far as i know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by konne View Post
    cs_n4t15aw doesnt exist as far as i know?
    Alviarin wrote the function himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    Alviarin wrote the function himself.
    Yup, I've had some experience rewriting part of clc for the Windwalker spec, so it wasn't that big of a deal writing that small function. Also, I must say I believe it's something that should be added to the "baseline" addon, it's really useful if you wish to play the "high risk high reward" game during AW.

This 4p is gunna suck to replace, it really just feels like it should be a part of the spec. Not because of how strong it is either, I would happily have them make holy TVs proc baseline and be balanced at the same point we would be next tier regardless.

It's just an ability that currently defines ret. Maybe I'm just being melodramatic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephogy View Post
    This 4p is gunna suck to replace, it really just feels like it should be a part of the spec. Not because of how strong it is either, I would happily have them make holy TVs proc baseline and be balanced at the same point we would be next tier regardless.

It's just an ability that currently defines ret. Maybe I'm just being melodramatic.
    You are not being melodramatic. This is the most interesting tier I can remember. Anaxie has said this several times, but its worth repeating and passing on. Everything has a role. Exorcism debuffs the target to take extra holy dmg, CS buffs TV to do all holy dmg. These things are what define a ret pally. Holy dmg. Each spell feels good doing what it does. Big TV all holy finishers. This tier set is very very good for the spec and should be folded in and balanced for the future.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

For the first time TV actually feels like a finisher.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Am I the only one that would like holy TV's to be more consistent if we're going to bake it in? I find that sometimes I get tons of procs and other times I will go a full heroism without a single one. Perhaps a build up system for it, like every 2-3 CS = holy TV or something would make it feel better if it were going to be baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsz View Post
    Am I the only one that would like holy TV's to be more consistent if we're going to bake it in? I find that sometimes I get tons of procs and other times I will go a full heroism without a single one. Perhaps a build up system for it, like every 2-3 CS = holy TV or something would make it feel better if it were going to be baseline.
    Sounds good, only thing I'm afraid of is how it's gonna affect PvP, the holy TV's are out of control overpowered.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

So I'm not sure if you guys are interested, but I thought it might be worthwhile to come here and share my results. SimC updated to 530-5 the other day, and finally has the 50%+ bonus implemented. I did a ton of testing to see where the DS falls in our priority.

It is now quite a high priority on a single target-- higher than CS, J and Exo. Optimally you would use it above these three, but below a 5 HP TV, or below HOW if you've wings active. For those who don't play perfectly, all of the "high priority" sims I did showed the bonus pretty much providing full power if you use it early, and they were close. Messing up and using it late doesn't cost too much although if you use it as your lowest priority your bonus will be at 3/4 strength. Obviously the big problem is still that you have to utilize the proc; the button does flash on your bar but I wish they'd implement an aura.

In other words, the 50% buff pretty much fixed the priority issue with the bonus which was my major problem with it. I really didn't like the idea of a "trap" proc that was a low priority .... but as a high priority it feels fun.

As a personal note I have had a fucking blast playing with it on PTR. I love it and it feels like a lot of fun. I guess unlike a lot of other players, I think it's really interesting to use DS (as long as it's worth using, which the 50% buff has resolved) and I also would prefer a "changed play" type bonus to a boring one.

The damage output sims around 3.5% on a single target. (In before 'that's weaker than T15...' it is, yes, anything would be.) 3.5% is a little high for the usual 2% mark on a set bonus but considering we have to hit an extra button for it and considering how our set bonuses have traditionally been strong, I like it here. Also it will be crazy on any situation where more than one target is in range which does appeal to me even though I know cleave is not always relevant.

Anyways, hope any of that is useful information to anyone. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disagreement in here admitting that I really like the T16 now though since a lot of people seem to not like it. It has grown on me.

Was that with DP or SW? With or without the CD reducing trinket? Haste or Mastery build? Guessing it was dummy style fight conditions, how long was the sims? 5min? 10min?