Deleted
    Am I being thick and missing something with people prioritising crusader strike over judgement? I kept seeing the same thing during T14 when all either is, and was, is a HP generator. As such, shouldn't we prioritise the one that does most damage? I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who has higher judgement damage on average than crusader strike.

Finally a good loot week (so far) 5 pieces from 4 bosses, 10 ilvls upgrade ^^
    There's so much mastery on SoO gear, close to having more mastery than haste now. Prob gonna happen if I get thoks trinket.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Am I being thick and missing something with people prioritising crusader strike over judgement? I kept seeing the same thing during T14 when all either is, and was, is a HP generator. As such, shouldn't we prioritise the one that does most damage? I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who has higher judgement damage on average than crusader strike.
    Abilities with shorter cool downs lose a larger percentage of their dps when you delay them. To illustrate lets look at two abilities: one with a 4 second cd that hits for 90,000 (90,000/4 = 22,500 dps), another with an 8 second cd that hits for 120,000 (120,000/8 = 15,000 dps), and we will delay both one second.

Pushing the ability with a 4 second cd to 5 seconds means it's now doing 90,000/5 = 18,000 dps. A loss of 4,500 dps which is a 20% decrease.
    Pushing the ability with an 8 second cd to 9 seconds means it's now doing 120,000/9 = 13,333 dps. A loss of 1,667 dps which is a 11.1% decrease.

Thus even though Judge hits harder that CS you lose more dps when you delay CS. Now of course there is a theoretical point where if Judge hit X amount harder than CS it would be a dps loss to prioritize CS over it, but that's not the case in-game. That is why you hit CS first.
    Last edited by Kinmaul; 2013-10-09 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul View Post
    Abilities with shorter cool downs lose a larger percentage of their dps when you delay them. To illustrate lets look at two abilities: one with a 4 second cd that hits for 90,000 (90,000/4 = 22,500 dps), another with an 8 second cd that hits for 120,000 (120,000/8 = 15,000 dps), and we will delay both one second.

Pushing the ability with a 4 second cd to 5 seconds means it's now doing 90,000/5 = 18,000 dps. A loss of 4,500 dps which is a 20% decrease.
    Pushing the ability with an 8 second cd to 9 seconds means it's now doing 120,000/9 = 13,333 dps. A loss of 1,667 dps which is a 11.1% decrease.

Thus even though Judge hits harder that CS you lose more dps when you delay CS. Now of course there is a theoretical point where if Judge hit X amount harder than CS it would be a dps loss to prioritize CS over it, but that's not the case in-game. That is why you hit CS first.
    During my last raid, my average judgement hits were 92k and CS was 59k. The difference in crits is even more outrageous.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...xv/details/12/

It has to be said that I have acquired a significant upgrade during that raid and I will monitor it. However, as things stand, surely I'm best prioritising judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    During my last raid, my average judgement hits were 92k and CS was 59k. The difference in crits is even more outrageous.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...xv/details/12/

It has to be said that I have acquired a significant upgrade during that raid and I will monitor it. However, as things stand, surely I'm best prioritising judgement?
    You're forgetting Hand of Light, with inquisition and curse of elements with your level of mastery your effective CS hits should average roughly 94-95k.

Yeah, it was changed with the Sword of Light buff to be a little more dps than Judgment.

Prioritizing CS over J is mostly a Holy Power generation issue not only a damage per cast or dps issue.

I'm confused...I thought you gem Wicked Vermilion Onyx for red slots until expertise caps are met? If yea...the first post says Keen Vermilion Onyx. Is there some detail that I'm missing?

If you are getting siege gear you are going to be pushing towards mastery heavily.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Huntingbear says is absolutely right. Ret single target is just so much behind everyone else, and unlike most other classes, we can't just respec if one our DPS specs is bad, because this is the only one we have.

I can do 240k DPS on patchwerk fights like Iron Juggernaut, but our hunter and boomy can do almost 300k with about same ilvl. In 2-3 target fights, multidot classes like warlocks are the clear winners, especially because the targets are rarely in one stack.

Finally, we are melee, and thus more susceptible to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    What Huntingbear says is absolutely right. Ret single target is just so much behind everyone else, and unlike most other classes, we can't just respec if one our DPS specs is bad, because this is the only one we have.

I can do 240k DPS on patchwerk fights like Iron Juggernaut, but our hunter and boomy can do almost 300k with about same ilvl. In 2-3 target fights, multidot classes like warlocks are the clear winners, especially because the targets are rarely in one stack.

Finally, we are melee, and thus more susceptible to death.
    HI!

Shit wpn, shit trinkets, only one tier bonus.
    Why do you expect to do do high dps again?

Actually you are ret and susceptible to being highly immune to dying. Nevermind the hundreds of mechanics in game that don't target melee. Unless you think mortor cannons are hard or something.... >_>

Don't worry my wpn and trinket slots are shit too. Buttpat.

FFS you aren't even gemmed correctly you use prime stat JC gems not rating based. You also should match bonus.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-10 at 02:44 PM.

How long should I keep my Heroic Feather? Is it worth replacing with Flex Galakras? Normal? (LFR even?) Using most of the hit, my other trinket is Thok normal.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erina/advanced

Deleted
    I simulated this szenario a weeks ago for my gear with t15 4p. If hit is wasted and you are wearing Thok nhc: Galakras lfr > Feather hc tf (by ~5k dps). Since the difference is 5k dps, Galakras lfr should be better even if the hit is not wasted.

Paying 800k for Britomart WF + thok's drop pst.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had our first Thok's drop last week.

Our brewmaster monk won it over myself and one of our dks.

"You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Hello guys, I dont read the comments on this thread very often, this might have been asked before, but my question is: Do we stay with Old 4set for max single target DPS? Is it worth it to go full out Warforged gear or go with VP upgraded new tier?

Also should I swap Feather with Spark, since feather got nerferd and I'm 1,6% over hit cap?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inebeef/simple

Sorry for these questions but theorycrafting and simcrafting arent my strengths.

Does anybody else have same issue with stat weights when i used simC, i have weights (haste:0.62, crit=0.59, mastery:0.55) haste is on 41.29% and mastery:50%. After i put weights in askmrrobot it reforges 10% mastery into crit wtf! Can someone with a brains explain i'm dumb cause everyone says after haste soft cap go mastery?

There is nothing dumb about that but crit and mastery are extremely close this tier and depending on gear/current reforges you have crit may be ahead and vice versa.

Like personally with low 10.5% unbuffed crit I found myself doing alot more consistant damage with reforging into crit. While mastery pulled ahead slightly in those odd good rng pulls ya get sometimes.

Speaking of SimC, I've recently had the issue of my weight for hit being absurdly higher than in the past, i.e., ~12 when normalized vs. Strength=1.00. Has anyone else run into this? I'm assuming I have some setting messed up, but I haven't changed anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curulan View Post
    Speaking of SimC, I've recently had the issue of my weight for hit being absurdly higher than in the past, i.e., ~12 when normalized vs. Strength=1.00. Has anyone else run into this? I'm assuming I have some setting messed up, but I haven't changed anything.
    Why factor hit in? You need 7.5% no matter which gear pieces you have.