View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delari View Post
    Asura is the most hated one ? Blasphemy!
    I haven't looked at the poll all day, til I read this. It's a pretty small sample, but I'm glad to see Asuras are the least liked lol

I've wanted to play an Asura since I became interested in the game.

Between Asura and Humans. Skelington actually liked female human, though. But it's sooooo generic.

I'm going to have to say Asura as well. They are way too similar to WOW gnomes. No thanks.
    Last edited by Meillquei; 2012-07-03 at 01:10 AM. Reason: changed wording
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    And you wonder why we hate bookahs....

I like them all, but that wasn't an option. I voted human, but that is false.

Charr ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at all these humans hating themselves. -shuns the poor pests away-

I picked Sylvari because humanoids made from trees is just stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    No more stupid than elves, dwarves, cat-people, cow-people, werewolves, vampires, goblins, gnomes, rat-people (yes, asura), giants, or any other race.

What, the only sentient races can be mammals?!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Am I the only one who would have preferred the original generic elf model? I preferred caithe as an elf lesbian rather than a plant creature lesbian with cat tails in her "hair".

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura definately , not that i hate them , i don't . Just that i'm never into "small" races for some reason never was, Goblins, Dwarves, Gnomes, Hobbits whatever, you name it i never played one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Am I the only one who would have preferred the original generic elf model? I preferred caithe as an elf lesbian rather than a plant creature lesbian with cat tails in her "hair".
    Elves got boring. Everybody does elves. And I'm not talking games, I'm talking players. The whole pointed-ear-means-different-race obsession is seriously getting old.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    rat-people (yes, asura)
    Skritt are the "rat people" in Guild Wars 2 lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Skritt are the "rat people" in Guild Wars 2 lore
    You're all rats, and you all look alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ima laugh when arenanet busts out the lore and reveals that skritt are a less evolved version of asura. Kind of like night elves and trolls.

On a lore level I cant really point to one race I dislike, I think they are all quite intresting in their own way. IF I had to pick one though I'd probably say char just because of the way they felt when behind the wheel so to speak. That has more to do with their movement animations and posture though, its really a pain to figure out where their center of mass is when trying to navigate through a tight space. I did several jumping puzzles over the BWE's and stress tests, on a human I just flew through them, on my charr I kept falling like crazy and had to resort to useing jumpshot (engineer riffle) on harder jumps because I couldnt get the timeing down. Trying to figure out just how close to a ledge you can get with such a bulky moddle is hard enough but they also have that hunched posture and the all 4s runing animation they swap between which just makes it all the harder to know where center of mass is at any given time.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    On a lore level I cant really point to one race I dislike, I think they are all quite intresting in their own way. IF I had to pick one though I'd probably say char just because of the way they felt when behind the wheel so to speak. That has more to do with their movement animations and posture though, its really a pain to figure out where their center of mass is when trying to navigate through a tight space. I did several jumping puzzles over the BWE's and stress tests, on a human I just flew through them, on my charr I kept falling like crazy and had to resort to useing jumpshot (engineer riffle) on harder jumps because I couldnt get the timeing down. Trying to figure out just how close to a ledge you can get with such a bulky moddle is hard enough but they also have that hunched posture and the all 4s runing animation they swap between which just makes it all the harder to know where center of mass is at any given time.
    Before the BWEs started I remember hearing that if you sheath and unsheath your weapon you run slower or faster. I didn't test this very much, but I don't think I noticed a difference in run speed. The only time the run speed changed was in and out of combat. Unless there actually was a difference in run speed between having your weapon sheathed or not, you could always just unsheath your weapon when you need to do some platform jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans. Fuck our race. We all suck. just kidding but seriously.

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    ... That's stupid though and over-used and not creative. Return to WoW for generic models and lore.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drakewurrum View Post
    elves got boring. everybody does elves. And i'm not talking games, i'm talking players. The whole pointed-ear-means-different-race obsession is seriously getting old.
    my thoughts EXACTLY, omg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Asura.

Everything about them is bearable to a degree, it's there massive egos however, that greatly annoys me .

azura, since I will be a Norn. Would be funny to see a Norn guardian use Banish on one. I'll call it azura golf.