View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    Charr. I dislike how when an animal race is made in any game it always comes with so much visual customization that it breaks unity.

I wish they would have been brave enough to just say: "Look, charr have fur like giraffes and their horns look like this. Deal with it."
    1) They can get away with that design wise. Humans are fairly shallow and all of species X would look alike if there weren't glaringly obvious visual pointers, especially from a distance.

2) There are species out there with crazy differences in appearance. Since Charr are cat people, let's look at housecats:

American curl: http://www.petfinder.com/images/breeds/cat/1010.jpg
    Siamese: http://chinkisiamese.com/siamese_cats_mkayla.jpg
    Munchkin: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5TchY3qCe9...chkin-cat7.jpg
    Persian: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images11...erRedTabby.jpg

All of these domesticated breeds look like you took a cat and went kind of crazy in character creation. With that in mind, there's no reason Charr shouldn't have similar options.

Deleted
    Humans are ugly and norns are too big...

Deleted
    Sylvari. Didn't liked them at first glance and didn't liked after reading about them. Asura close second. their apearence is.. creepy... Furby creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Think it would have to be Sylvari in their current rendition.

the Alpha version of Sylvari had a certain charm, elven to an extent but not really at the same time.

Currently, the plant people with tree bark skin kinda look funky to me. Not to mention their innate curiosity somehow remains completely ignorant of religious study when they themselves say they wish to explore everything that is knowable in the world to them.
    They ain't ignorant about religion, they just don't get it, with good reason.

Also, all the sylvari I've read about has been a w e s o m e.

I love the Sylvari revamp. They went from my least favorite to my favorite race since then.

Deleted

I have to say that the way they look now is a lot better in my opinion.
    they were too human-like at first. not something you would think just crawled out of a tree. they fit their story much better now.

I don't think anyone have purposefully bred charr for looks like we humans have been doing with housecats for quite some time to arrive at all those weird variations. I understand that there are many wild animals that differ wildly in appearance as well, but that's not the reason why it's done in games. It's just safer this way. It's unrealistic to think that anyone in the MMO market would forgo the design principle of "something for everyone".

I do wish that some day I'll see a game that doesn't come with "This awesome race that ranges from 4' to 9' tall and can look like pretty much any animal you like. Some of them have horns, some of them have beaks and some of them have horns on their beaks. When they have feet those feet are sometimes webbed and may or may not have claws in any of twelve different shapes."

Deleted
    I don't like Asura, they are just too creepy looking. Reminds me of E.T.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunadra View Post
    I don't like Asura, they are just too creepy looking. Reminds me of E.T.
    I have heard a Yoda comparison before ....but......E.T.?!? o.O

I don't think anyone have purposefully bred charr for looks like we humans have been doing with housecats for quite some time to arrive at all those weird variations. I understand that there are many wild animals that differ wildly in appearance as well, but that's not the reason why it's done in games. It's just safer this way. It's unrealistic to think that anyone in the MMO market would forgo the design principle of "something for everyone".

I do wish that some day I'll see a game that doesn't come with "This awesome race that ranges from 4' to 9' tall and can look like pretty much any animal you like. Some of them have horns, some of them have beaks and some of them have horns on their beaks. When they have feet those feet are sometimes webbed and may or may not have claws in any of twelve different shapes."
    Most beast race MMOs do not vary much and the reason customization of that degree is even an option is, simply: it's fun. If someone wants to play a deer for example, it's not gamebreaking to let them be a spotted Fallow or a brown Whitetail. Or antlers, no antlers, or even sabertooth fangs like the Chinese Water Deer. It's not the most realistic thing in the world to have them altogether (though if they come from a large capital city, that can be handwaved) but in a world as fantastical as RPGs that's fairly low on the enormous list of non-realism.

Look at what happens in games with beast races that have little to no variation in beast races...two words: Female Worgen.

This is pretty thin. The same species of deer have different sized and shaped antlers; individual litters of cats will have varying fur patterns amongst siblings -- not to mention size differences. Do you even kind of understand how genetics work?

Deleted
    voting Azura is punishable by death you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    I have heard a Yoda comparison before ....but......E.T.?!? o.O
    Yep, big head and slim body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunadra View Post
    Yep, big head and slim body.
    But E.T. dont got our BIG sexaaahhh ears! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    But E.T. dont got our BIG sexaaahhh ears! :P
    Then you'd get Yoda...or a Gremlin xD

Deleted

- yoda back in his funky days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

Oh god o.O xD

Deleted

Aceness, Daff!

Humans, probably because I've seen them in every other MMO visually. I prefer the more unique designs, like the plant people and the animal thingamajiggers.

*deletes Gw2.dat*