View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Charr are ugly. That is all.

I lied.
    Charr are EXTREMELY damn ugly.
    Asura are awesome but I don't think people should try to emulate their character type just because they are playing one. With the 'Morality' system in the game (ferocity and all that jazz) you could make a loving and caring asura. Why do people think that just because the majority act like they are high and mighty, they must all be branded by the same label? Hell, if you did that for human beings, you'd find that we'd mostly be selfish assholes, not much better than the asura.

I'm just.... saiyan.

*tumbleweed*

I'd say that the Norn are the most realistic with their goals and values, Humans females are too ditsy and human males are 'Generic hero type A'. Sylvari are a kind of strange mix, I'm looking forward to seeing how their personalities shape up, I just hope we don't see a repeat of the LOLBOOBS night elf syndrome.
    Last edited by mmocc12e1a6c25; 2012-07-09 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyntus View Post
    I'd have to say my least favorite would be charr and a close second would be asura. Even though I will admit that the golem things the asura have are pretty cool.
    Pfft sif you can have Golems!! No likey Asura, no Golems for you.

Id say my least favorite or most hated is human because in video games humans are not interesting.second would be norn because its a copy of humans,they should've just had norn as a human culture type.third is charr because they're strong a hardcore and all,but they have limited women in their storyline.fourth is asura because unlike the charr,there are too many women,but you could kinda work around that situation.last is sylvari because i dont hate them at all,they're unique and original.
    Last edited by belara; 2013-01-03 at 04:17 PM.

Charr. or Norn. or Humans. or Sylvari.

Really. Charr are ugly. And filled with rage. Norn are too big and walk weird. Humans are boring, why would I want to play a race that I am irl? Sylvari look weird. Like their arm patterns are off.

Yes, I have 9 Asura. NINE. I accidentally bought one extra slot than I needed...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Poor Azura... I picked the Azura cause I thought it would be a good fit for a thief. I can't get behind playing a Sylvari though.

Charr... daym ugly beasts. Could've been such an awesome race, however they failed horribly.
    I don't like sylvari that much either, mostly because of their running animation. I just hate it.

EDIT: Also people please, it's asura not azura

i love the humans.

Humans and Norn are the only races I can play. Everything else moves weird and/or are too alien to get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Charr... daym ugly beasts. Could've been such an awesome race, however they failed horribly.
    How, exactly, did they fail horribly? The Charr are freaking badass.

Deleted
    I can't remember if I replied to this, but I'll say asura. Why? Because they're full of themselves and they think they're better then anyone else. They see other races only as test subjects for their experiments and can't see how their actions might have consequences. They are selfish and self-centered. They're also very ugly.

This has nothing to do with the people playing them. I'm sure most people playing them are really nice. But this doesn't change I don't like asura as a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Humans. I've never been overly fond of humans in fantasy games, and the GW2 humans look very... bland. And skinny. I tried making a human mesmer, but ended up deleting it because I didn't like the looks of it at all. Even the biggest of the female frames is extraordinarily twiggy-legged and their boobs look kind of... glued on.
    So I made another Norn instead \o/
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I'm surprised by all the Asura hate- I personally think they have the most interesting animations of all the races. The way my guardian crawls up her staff and swings around when she casts Empower never ceases to amuse me, and they have the most interesting dance to boot.

Deleted
    Asura is by far most hated, with Charr and Sylvari very much hated, but not as much as asura.

Ban hammer incoming but worth it for a laugh (joke).

...Asian...

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    How, exactly, did they fail horribly? The Charr are freaking badass.
    This. Charr are the master race. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Humans. I've never been overly fond of humans in fantasy games, and the GW2 humans look very... bland. And skinny. I tried making a human mesmer, but ended up deleting it because I didn't like the looks of it at all. Even the biggest of the female frames is extraordinarily twiggy-legged and their boobs look kind of... glued on.
    I had this same problem with Sylvari as well, although, in the case of Sylvari you could argue that "twiggy" was intended. :P

I do find humans the most irritating of all the races though, mostly because they seemingly can't do anything without bringing their gods into it (who as I understand it abandoned them).

Sylvari hands down. It's the only race I haven't created (and 8 all professions are finalised). I just don't get what's to like about them.

3 humans, 3 asura, 1 Norn, 1 Charr. Asura are my fave. I just find their arrogance entertaining.

I love the sylvari lore but I just can't see to play one. Asura is another that I can't play even though I love their attitude. They both are interesting races but I just can't get myself to play them. 2 Charr, 3 Norn, and 3 Humans are what I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I do find humans the most irritating of all the races though, mostly because they seemingly can't do anything without bringing their gods into it (who as I understand it abandoned them).
    And what is it with all the moaning and sighing?! I was in divinity's reach on an alt doing some cooking and I had to leave after 10 minutes, all the moaning was driving me loopy. O.o
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried the game out yet. In fact I'm picking it up in the next day. With that being said, with all the research I've been doing, I'm not fond of Sylvari. I usually like woodland races, but these have a weird look to them I don't care for. Same with the Charr. I'm sure playing them will be a bit different, rather than watching videos!

Norn by far. They're just big humans. Wow exciting. The males aren't as terrible, they're a bit different, but the women. I guess they didn't want to risk making "ugly" characters so they're literally larger humans.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.