10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I enjoy these late-night conversations, I'm gonna head off to bed in about 5-10 minutes, it's getting late and I have to kinda-sorta be up early tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    When I joined, nobody really talked to me.
    Thread 1-2. New person shows up. At least the next page is 90% people welcoming them to the herd. I miss those days so much...

At that point I just had to dive into conversations and such, which is fine cause I'm used to doing that, but that was just for me.
    Yeah, I'm not so used to that. It's not so easy for everyone, sadly.

I have reasons for not engaging in conversations. Reasons that shouldn't be brought up right now because of context. Maybe in private or at another time though.
    Maybe. If/when you're ready, I'll be listening.

I tend not to engage in conversations unless I have something meaningful to contribute, which is why I'm silent and pokerfacing the whole time you, Coffer, and/or Alai start in on the F1 stuff. I know bugger all about anything F1-related, so anything I post related to it will just be meaningless drivel.

I completely agree with the RP bit. I didn't really say anything about it, but it made it super awkward to post in the thread for me.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Which is why I still heavily respect Kortin (to the point where he's #2 on the list of people that I like and care about from this thread), even with our severe differences in opinion. That guy has a...potential for caring the likes of which I've only seen once before.
    Kortin reminds me of Applejack so much sometimes, it's ridiculous. He's really stubborn and often irritates me, but man, the guy's always there if you need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Not really in the mood to be a supportive person, sorry people, can't really add anything to the combo.
    That's okay. See, because you posted that, he knows that you care--you just don't know how to help. Sometimes just knowing someone cares is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I shouldn't have said anything.
    You'd think I'd know this better than anyone, but keeping stuff bottled up is horrendously harmful to your mental/emotional health. I let it out mostly in dA journals or privately to close friends, sometimes here. Nobody can keep it all in forever.

EDIT:

Yeah, I really can't stay up any longer. G'night y'all--I'll poke through the next few pages tomorrow morning, so don't hold back on any replies, I'll find them.
    Last edited by Bluesparkks; 2012-07-31 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post

You'd think I'd know this better than anyone, but keeping stuff bottled up is horrendously harmful to your mental/emotional health. I let it out mostly in dA journals or privately to close friends, sometimes here. Nobody can keep it all in forever.
    this right here i know the feeling alllll to well. had emotional issues in primary and early highschool that were slowly destroying me.....i nearly killed someone in a fight but was stopped by friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. If/when you're ready, I'll be listening.
    This.

I tend not to engage in conversations unless I have something meaningful to contribute, which is why I'm silent and pokerfacing the whole time you, Coffer, and/or Alai start in on the F1 stuff. I know bugger all about anything F1-related, so anything I post related to it will just be meaningless drivel.
    Hey, I like meaningless drivel.

Yeah, I think I've apologized way too many times for starting those F1-related conversations, but really, if you want to mention something related to it, go right ahead. It's not like I'll be "offended" or anything, I'd actually love it.

I'm still really surprised by the fact that Vetali is genuinely interested in it. As for Alai, even considering our major differences, he genuinely seems to like commentating on the races with me (I already knew that he was a long-time fan, but he hates me, so I'm still kinda surprised). And I missed having someone to enjoy races with. I missed it so very much.

Kortin reminds me of Applejack so much sometimes, it's ridiculous. He's really stubborn and often irritates me, but man, the guy's always there if you need him.
    There's a reason why AJ is still my second favorite mane 6 poniponiponi.

That's okay. See, because you posted that, he knows that you care--you just don't know how to help. Sometimes just knowing someone cares is enough.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-07-31 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Not really in the mood to be a supportive person, sorry people, can't really add anything to the combo.
    And I don't expect anyone to add anything getting it out just helps and unfortunately this is the only place I have and you folks are the only people I have to tell this to. Looks like I shouldn't have said anything as the two people I didn't want to see this did.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2012-07-31 at 04:48 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate my knee. Hurt it last year in the snow. Every once in a while if I step just wrong it will pop back out and hurt for a few days. Just did that a few mins ago.

There's always Steam, right?

I really like having long conversations over the same subject, especially if it's a bit more...emotional. Or personal. Or just something deep and thoughtful. I can't think of the right word to use here.
    Yeah, though steam will be off when I do stream.

I don't know. Its a lot to type.

As much as I enjoy these late-night conversations, I'm gonna head off to bed in about 5-10 minutes, it's getting late and I have to kinda-sorta be up early tomorrow.

Thread 1-2. New person shows up. At least the next page is 90% people welcoming them to the herd. I miss those days so much...

Yeah, I'm not so used to that. It's not so easy for everyone, sadly.
    Well like I said I joined in thread 2. Not to say that you were wrong, cause it just depends whos on and such, but yeah.

Having to swap guilds constantly for a while taught me how to be more social, sadly. Though most the time I found people that really liked to hang out with me, and people that really hated me. So I'm used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/BKPXT.jpg[img]
    The image of Pinkie on that page intrigues me. Just what is she reading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, though steam will be off when I do stream.
    Cool. And don't worry about it.

I don't know. Its a lot to type.
    I actually like it more when there's a lot to type, so there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. And don't worry about it.

If you wana follow my stream page, idc. I still need to order my capture card which should be tomorrow...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wana follow my stream page, idc. I still need to order my capture card which should be tomorrow...
    Damn, I haven't logged onto justin.tv/twitch.tv in a very long time. Followed.

Deleted
    But typing is haaaard

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I haven't logged onto justin.tv/twitch.tv in a very long time. Followed.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    But typing is haaaard
    This. I'd rather type than talk, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    But typing is haaaard
    I have a very fast typing speed, so I guess it doesn't affect me all that much (though I can obviously see why others might have problems with it). It's mostly amplified by how much coding I've had to do up until now, especially in competitions, but still.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-07-31 at 04:59 AM.

Deleted
    I have a very fast typing speed, so I guess it doesn't affect me all that much (though I can obviously see why others might have problems with it). It's mostly amplified by how much coding I've had to do up until now, especially in competitions, but still.
    Eh, it's also me just deleting entire sentences/posts because of how stupid they look/sound and stuff...
    Alot of the reason I don't really talk to anyone IRL until I lurk around for a while, also why I lurked so long in these threads until I got a handle on a few people and how they react to things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's also me just deleting entire sentences/posts because of how stupid they look/sound and stuff...
    Alot of the reason I don't really talk to anyone IRL until I lurk around for a while, also why I lurked so long in these threads until I got a handle on a few people and how they react to things...
    Yeah, I'm kind of like that as well, but my inability to hold back can sometimes cause me to be a bit more...upfront than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The image of Pinkie on that page intrigues me. Just what is she reading?
    Moby Dick written in Latin, for whatever reason.

I write, too! ▬► OC Sky Shatter first-person narrative: Breakthrough
    You wanted it, you got it — ask Lady Rarity and Sky Shatter on Tumblr

Might as well make a non-negative post today.

So......I don't know here is something random.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2012-07-31 at 05:28 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    That movie is so bad. While parts of it are hilariously awful, especially the scene where he's in the flower shop, I'd recommend watching a review or something that just has all the amusing parts in it rather than actually watching the movie.
    incredibly late post is incredibly late. i found this a long time ago, it's "The Room, Short Version" and it will be the most painful eight minutes of your life should you choose to watch it. it's a really really really bad movie, and i can only assume that this is the least painful way to watch it.

my job here is done

Might as well.

Reason I was irritated (and am) is I stayed up all last night writing, for the first time since middle school, a poem from Sky Shatter to Luna, to be sent to Molestia's mailbox.

Yeah, it's Molestia, but JJ seems to want to make a serious character out of Luna. Anyway, the mailbox was open, and I spent the night learning all the tenses of Old English, and after many rewrites [Tucuxia: your lines have 12 syllables, iambic pentameter is what you should use; 12 beats feels terrible. Del: But I'll have to rewrite everything! Tux: it's your choice, how accurate do you want this to be? Del: Guh *delete*] I finally finished at 7 in the morning.

But Sky Shatter's tumblr wasn't up yet, and I get a call that I have to open my store, for the first time in months. I leave with everything nearly finished, and come home 3 hours later than expected.

JJ had closed the mailbox a few hours before. Who knows when he'll open it again. So yeah, I'm not happy. Who knows where the story will go with the questions he got in the meantime, especially since Luna dropped that she'd like a "special somepony" someday.

So, for the sake of posterity, here are Sky's heartfelt words to Luna.

As I bathe alone in the evening sky
    I lose my breath before the wondrous sight
    Of the worlds I've seen, none of them are nigh
    To the beauty thou givest to thy night.

Eventide's allure twin only to thine
    An endless glittered sea rivaled by none
    Silver light of the peerless moon doth shine
    Her embrace softer than thy sister Sun.

But loneliness doth pain the empty heart
    So join me, Luna, as one we will fly
    Under starlit heavens, time held apart
    Together as forever passes by.
    Last edited by Delphince; 2012-07-31 at 05:38 AM.

I write, too! ▬► OC Sky Shatter first-person narrative: Breakthrough
    You wanted it, you got it — ask Lady Rarity and Sky Shatter on Tumblr

10+ Year Old Account
    evening Delph! \o/
    was very pretty, but poetry was never one of my gifts ^_^

Deleted
    Good morning, everypony!