Poll: Do you like Diablo 3?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not a bad game, but I can't say I really liked it. Leveling with a Witch Doctor was lots of fun. Having a small army of zombies at my command, summoning a skull that puked acid down on my foes, throwing a bunch of flame bombs that ricocheted across small groups of enemies... that was awesome. And then I hit hell, and a few of these spells are no longer viable. Then I hit inferno and none of those are viable. So I decided to try a Monk. I had fun using my Seven Sided Strike, using Exploding Palms

I think my biggest issue with the game at this point is how arbitrary the difficulty is. The entire game is a hard gearcheck, which honestly isn't very fun. I find affixes that are just incredibly punishing, and have friends tell me, "Just skip them and you can come back and beat them when you outgear the Act!" Boring. Even if you are sufficiently geared to clear the chapter bosses of a certain Act, you will still run into elite packs that can beat you into a bloody pulp while you sit there with your head in your hands weeping.

It's just frustrating. I was excited at first to say that this was one of the most difficult games I've played in many years, but the further I grind my teeth through Inferno, the more I realize that I've spent the majority of my time grinding gold to spend on the AH or on an artisan who I think wants to be fired judging by the quality of items he makes, losing said gold on repair bills when I dare try and progress, and running into arbitrary difficulty walls in the form of insane affixes that even geared players are folded by. My b/f who refuses to use the AH is now stuck in Hell getting level 40 blue drops off of elite packs. Fun fun.

I think they screwed up big time in that respect. I want to like D3. I do like D3 on a certain level. I think conceptually the game is great. It's a very basic idea. "Kill monsters, get loot." How do you screw that up? My patience wears thin.

People love to cry "Well, if it's too hard then stop playing", but they don't examine why the game is hard. This game takes no skill. It just takes a massive time investment that leaves you feeling empty and unrewarded. I can't tell you the last time I got a rare that was useful to me and I play the game every night. A rare I can sell on the AH? Get that shit out of here. I want to use the gear I find.

Yeah i do but it gets bored pretty fast...

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think d3 is a great game. very fun.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

No .

Deleted
    well, it was fun for the first time. It was ok on nightmare. But I can't force myself to play it third time on Hell. I just can't because Act 2 sucks so bad. And now I found out that my wizard will be probably good for nothing on Inferno. Also I hate the idea of difficulty based on equip, not skill. I would give it 6-7/10.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    well, it was fun for the first time. It was ok on nightmare. But I can't force myself to play it third time on Hell. I just can't because Act 2 sucks so bad. And now I found out that my wizard will be probably good for nothing on Inferno. Also I hate the idea of difficulty based on equip, not skill. I would give it 6-7/10.
    Haha a wizard in Inferno? This is what they do and the most common and basic build out there

BLIZZARD KITE RUN AROUND VENOM HYDRA doing the job for you for X amount of mins

Ya know, I don't really get all the comments about how this game is ALL about gear, and not about skill at all. Kripparrian just beat Inferno a couple days ago on his, "budget barb" a character that he only spent 446k gold on, including gear for his follower. 17 Deaths total for all of Inferno, (23 if you count deaths to DCs and lag).

But no skill required, right?

Got boored way to fast, i played Titan Quest for 10x longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Ya know, I don't really get all the comments about how this game is ALL about gear, and not about skill at all. Kripparrian just beat Inferno a couple days ago on his, "budget barb" a character that he only spent 446k gold on, including gear for his follower. 17 Deaths total for all of Inferno, (23 if you count deaths to DCs and lag).

But no skill required, right?
    Okay, so what WAS the gear he had then? Sure, it's easy to say "lol skill is impurtant" but if he fuckin has all the gear in the world and just got it for cheap then that doesn't count as skill, that's just you know. Getting gear for cheap and winning. What's the most "skillful" thing you can do in this game? Dodge fireballs? Oh man, skillin all over the place

10+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't like it I wouldn't be here in it's forum. I understand that some people hate the game and just come here to hate more on it but... well actually I don't understand this at all, it just makes no sense to me why someone would do that.

Deleted
    Yes, and why would i not? I used 25 hours from completing arc one, i got it for free, but if i had paied 60 for it would be still be worth it 2.4 dollars per hour, And that was for one class, on the first arc. I do not just like it, i love it, there is so much game time for the money, I got barbarian in level 53, wizard 40 witch docktor level 36 i have used so many hours on it, atleast 150 hours(and i know i have played more but lets just say that) so if 60 dollars worth for a game you can play for over 150 hours, and i am long from done with it. Hell yes, tell me what 60 dollars games nowadays where you can play it for over 150 hours? not many if you dont count games like skyrim.
    55% of the people who hates on it NEVER played diablo 2, and they did not know that the game is about killing and farming, just killing and farming, that is what diablo 2 also was for you. Then there are the rest who hates it for , many with good reason, stuff they dont like, but some also just HATES it for the bad lunch, Some despire it for only being online, and some for the AH(but if you dont like it, dont use it, idiot)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Okay, so what WAS the gear he had then? Sure, it's easy to say "lol skill is impurtant" but if he fuckin has all the gear in the world and just got it for cheap then that doesn't count as skill, that's just you know. Getting gear for cheap and winning. What's the most "skillful" thing you can do in this game? Dodge fireballs? Oh man, skillin all over the place
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZd6...4&feature=plcp

There you go. See for yourself.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Most anticipated game of the decade. Enormous hype. Great expectations. I loved Diablo 1 & 2. I played it for a long, long time.

Diablo 3 release.

End of greatness. I played D3 two weeks. Stuck in middle of inferno. Extremely bored. For me the biggest disappointment ever. D2 was great, D3 is just hack'n'slash with elements of WoW. This game is not addictive. Just install, play for some time. Unnistal. Nothing more. Has nothing to do with the glory of its precursor.

As a game I like it. But it's DIABLO ffs! I hate the way they destroy legend!

Deleted
    Surprisingly yes. I thought I wouldn't but my ex bf let me play on hes account and I ended up buying it. Wish there was less bugs and downtime though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Surprisingly yes. I thought I wouldn't but my ex bf let me play on hes account and I ended up buying it. Wish there was less bugs and downtime though.
    What bugs have you been seeing?

only 1 bug I have seen so far in the game and that is Cain getting stuck.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    no sir, i dont like it.

diablo 3 has been one of the biggest disappointments for me ever, i was looking forward to it since it was announced and played it a ton at release.
    when i finally got to max lvl and started doing inferno i started to realize how terrible it was and now i havent even played in 3 weeks. also, the game has THE WORST STORY OF ALL TIME

What do you mean the worst story? You can't look past the story being based on the bad guy appearing to you in an illusion and telling you where to go / bits of his plan by accident?

Oh wait... I know what you mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    What bugs have you been seeing?

only 1 bug I have seen so far in the game and that is Cain getting stuck.
    Lots, graphics and loading lag when there shouldn't be any for example (im using SSD and gtx 690 with all the drivers up to date). They got it fixed now though. Gold and items getting stuck in places where you cant get it, some immortal minions surviving when the main boss dies and so on. Nothing too annoying though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Lots, graphics and loading lag when there shouldn't be any for example (im using SSD and gtx 690 with all the drivers up to date). They got it fixed now though. Gold and items getting stuck in places where you cant get it, some immortal minions surviving when the main boss dies and so on. Nothing too annoying though.
    Getting stuck inside waller wall, framerate plummits and all other stuff to add to your list.

No, not anymore, really disappointed with how the endgame turned out, and while the leveling process was fun, it just doesn't outweigh how much of a letdown the rest of the game turned out to be.