Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment
    Good news everyone! We're recruiting moderators for the forums again! The amount of users and posts keeps increasing and we reached the point again where we need some help before the trolls take over and play Whack-a-Mod in the new Darkmoon Faire. I know it sounds fun, but I'm going to assume we don't want that.

Read this if you plan to apply
    • Please please please, do not apply if you're just super bored during the summer break before you go back to school/work. We are not asking for a life-long commitment, but more than 2 weeks would be nice.
    • Do not apply if you only want to wave your banhammer at random people. Moderators are expected to post on the forums they moderate regularly, contribute, keep the sticky posts clean and updated, etc ...
    • You will be expected to be on IRC most of the time to communicate with the rest of the team. This is very important, and you're not getting promoted before you come and say hi. (We can tell you how that works, it's pretty easy)
    • If you apply to moderate a class forum, you will be expected to know how your class works.

I can do that! What do you need from me?
    • You will need a certain level of activity on forums over the past x days to be eligible to apply on a forum. I'm not going to go into details, but it will make the selection process much easier on our side if we can easily spot who is active and who isn't.
    • A reasonable amount of free time, but probably less than you think. If you're already an active poster (and if we don't screw up, you are) it will probably just 10 more minutes to your daily forum routine.
    • Don't be stupid. Realistically, it will be easy to figure that out by going through your post history, but if you got infracted 5 times over the past month, you're probably out.

How do I apply?
    • Fill this very simple form.
    • Your application will be listed and admins will review it. It should be slightly faster than in the past, since most of the data we used to gather on applicants is now obtained automatically. (Yes, we're going to stalk your forum life)
    • You will get a PM from our lovely Scrapbot if you're refused or accepted. If you're accepted, more instructions will follow, and cake cookies.

Important
    • One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300) while smaller forums may require less (50 to 75).
    • Do not apply to another forum just because you're not eligible for the one you wanted in the first place.
    • If we only see bad posts in your history you're going to get refused right away. It's not worth trying to be nice after you applied, we automatically skip those posts to check the ones before your application. It's also the same for post activity, if you posted tons of stuff just to meet the criteria you will be instantly refused.
    • Past infractions won't block you from applying or being a mod if they're small infractions. Obviously, if you did something incredibly stupid your chances to be a mod will be greatly lowered.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-07-18 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Good luck to those who apply.
    Quite so indeed.
    Hi

Deleted
    good luck everyone

Deleted
    Good luck guys

10+ Year Old Account
    edit:

HAY I AM A MOD NOW GOOD LUCK DUDES
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-06-13 at 03:30 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I transferred over to a new MMO-Champion account in order to get my new World of Warcraft Name, and alas I am no longer eligible for Moderator. Want to buy MMO-Champion Name Change Service. £4!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I transferred over to a new MMO-Champion account in order to get my new World of Warcraft Name, and alas I am no longer eligible for Moderator. Want to buy MMO-Champion Name Change Service. £4!
    PM Sunshine to have your name changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, lurking doesn't count as posting. XD

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    PM Sunshine to have your name changed
    Would it be at all possible then to have this account deleted, the username freed up and my old account name changed? I'm sure it is purely just editing within the PhpMyAdmin or whatever Database tool you guys use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Would it be at all possible then to have this account deleted, the username freed up and my old account name changed? I'm sure it is purely just editing within the PhpMyAdmin or whatever Database tool you guys use.
    Or you could have your old and new accounts' names swapped. Either way, contact Sunshine and she'll get it worked out for you. :)

Good luck to all, hopefully I make it in. I've grown a bit sick of the trolls around here.

I for one welcome our new moderator overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I for one welcome our new moderator overlords!
    With cookies, alcohol, and animal sacrifices?

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: GUYS THERE IS TOTALLY COOKIES, ALCHOL AND ANIMAL SACRIFICES!!!!

...unfortunately, the "animals" is the dinosaur
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-03-02 at 08:10 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

As you wish, my Lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    --Images of wonderful stuffs--

As you wish, my Lord.
    You have done well, my child. Go now, with my blessing.

OT: Good luck to all of those who apply

I want in on this, cookies and alcohol are my specialty!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    if you only want to wave your banhammer at random people.
    Ahhh, you lost me there.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well here goes nothing *clicks the application*.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann