Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know but I guess you could always PM Sunshine about it.
    Hmm, okay.

Much ablidged Majad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Ok, so i was the 1st one to notice the Professor Putricide reference ?
    "Good news everyone , i fixed the poison slime pipe again "
    "Great new everyone, the slime is flowing again "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kardy3 View Post
    Ok, so i was the 1st one to notice the Professor Putricide reference ?
    "Good news everyone , i fixed the poison slime pipe again "
    "Great new everyone, the slime is flowing again "
    Which is in itself a reference to Professor Farnsworth from Futurama.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn dont meet the requirements....i better get posting again /sigh
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'd like to apply to one of the classe's i play forum section but at the same time they aren't really active enough to meet the criteria, unless you want people to start posting fluff :/.
    The class forum requirements are set to 50 now. If you don't have at least that many in 90 days (slightly more than one every other day), we honestly don't really have any way to tell if you'd be active modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If we wanted to add more to our application, like other experience we had completely forgotten abou, is there any way to edit it?

If not, that's perfectly fine. I'll have to deal with my mistake.
    You're welcome to PM me if you'd like! To be honest, though, your actions on the forum (posts/etc) usually speak far more about you than anything you could say on the app / PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    The class forum requirements are set to 50 now. If you don't have at least that many in 90 days (slightly more than one every other day), we honestly don't really have any way to tell if you'd be active modding.

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like! To be honest, though, your actions on the forum (posts/etc) usually speak far more about you than anything you could say on the app / PM.
    Well, thank you regardless Sunshine. Much oblidged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post

Thats true i guess, is it 50 overall or 50 in a particular class tough? I tend to hop a bit here and there. Guess i'll see if i qualify next wave. I'm on the forums quite a bit, often more as a reader than writer tough (despite my post count lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Thats true i guess, is it 50 overall or 50 in a particular class tough? I tend to hop a bit here and there. Guess i'll see if i qualify next wave. I'm on the forums quite a bit, often more as a reader than writer tough (despite my post count lol).
    50 in a particular class. The implication is that you should be already be somewhat known in that board and have communicated with other posters. Otherwise people might go "uh, who the heck is in mah board modding mah posts?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    50 in a particular class. The implication is that you should be already be somewhat known in that board and have communicated with other posters. Otherwise people might go "uh, who the heck is in mah board modding mah posts?!"
    Makes sense again ^^, thanks for the headsup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I post here a lot but.. sometimes this forum makes me want to get Sargeras and purge it. This excludes the mods. You will be safe......

For now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I post here a lot but.. sometimes this forum makes me want to get Sargeras and purge it. This excludes the mods. You will be safe......

For now.
    Don't think its something they actually want either tough, turning the forums into a fascist regime where everyone can get banned for anything isn't fun for anyone either .

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to those who apply. Alas, I'm never quite active enough when these Moderation posts come about.

I work from home, so one day, I'll turn lurking into posting when these Moderation applications go up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    just dont pick icedwarrior.

Quote Originally Posted by enphestid View Post
    just dont pick icedwarrior.
    Why's that? What'd I do?

Please be more careful about who you pick, some serious abuse of power on these forums as is.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Applied.

And notice, bumped my posts on this forum by one!
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Hey guys. I asked a moderator a long time ago what it was like to be a moderator, and he gave me a great response. I thought I'd share in case any of you guys are on the fence, or just want to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk
    Hey -SNIP name-, I *cough* am under the impression moderators have some sort of ban meetings?

Is it scary being a moderator? I mean having to act a specific way and or deal with your superior administrators?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Name-
    Nah being a moderator isn't too bad. As far as meetings go you're supposed to be in the iirc all the time, but I never am since -SNIP section- has like one report every three days so there are no big issues there. In the more populated sections the iirc helps out a lot as there are constantly bots, spam, and tons of reports about posts. When people are banned they make an appeal post and the MMO-C automatic posting system Scrapbot starts a new thread. Then all the moderators, in truth abut 15 of them that actively check that and a handful of others who check it every day or two, read the appeal, check the users posts that caused the infractions then vote to keep, reverse, or lower/raise the points from the infraction. Not a lot of meeting, more so just dropping off your vote and then they are tallied in the end. When I was a mod before for about 8 months there were only like 2-3 actual disagreements about the severity of infractions. I caused one or two of those as that was the heyday of SWTOR hate and there were like 1-2 guys who would do nothing but start anti-SWTOR threads constantly and I got fed up.
    As for conduct you are supposed to conduct yourself in a more polished fashion, but as long as it is forum appropriate conduct there aren't any issues. It isn't really scary you just have to be really willing to constantly have people post criticism about you if you close their threads, infract them, etc. Some people can be incredibly massive douches over their infractions. The upper level mods are all nice people from my experience. I've talked to Boub 3-4 times and he seems like a nice person. Sunshine and Myr handle most of the day to day forum stuff it seems and they are both easy people to deal with.

Its a lot of fun and it is great being able to take care of spam and idiots in your section rather than having to report it and wait for someone to take care of it at some point. If you mod the more popular sections, especially General OT, WoW OT, and something like SWTOR or GW2 right as they are coming out it can be pretty busy.The system automatically emails you if a post is reported in your sections so you need an independent email address for the site if you are in those sections. When I was modding SWTOR/Video Games/Sports I used to get 30-40 reports per day in the months leading to SWTORs release and the month or two afterward. The GEN-OT mods probably get 10 times that many emails lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hey guys. I asked a moderator a long time ago what it was like to be a moderator, and he gave me a great response. I thought I'd share in case any of you guys are on the fence, or just want to know more.
    Thanks for sharing. It's good to know how it works before becoming a moderator. As I might or might not be scared of some of the moderators whose names I shall keep to myself *grins*

I tried to apply but I don't post enough yet :P Even though I log on almost everyday Maybe next time? Good luck to everyone else though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Alas, I'm never quite active enough when these Moderation posts come about.
    Just so you know, apps are always open (although we tend to look at them in waves anyway because that lets us see where we actually need mods). You're welcome to apply any time

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Please be more careful about who you pick, some serious abuse of power on these forums as is.
    If you ever have issues, you're welcome to PM me with links to specific examples. I look into every report that I get, but I'm only human so I can't be everywhere at once.