Deleted

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War play order?

With the recent Steam sale of Warhammer franchise i purchased pretty much all of them (already had Retribution) and wanted to ask which order am i suppose to play them lore-wise? Is the list below correct or... ?

-Dawn of War
    -Dawn of War - Winter Assault
    -Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
    -Dawn of War II
    -Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising (edit: fixed)
    -Dawn of War II - Retribution (edit: fixed)
    Last edited by mmoc7e31dcdb97; 2012-07-03 at 11:21 AM.

Switch Retribution and Chaos Rising, otherwise correct (good thing you didnt list Soulstorm).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Switch Retribution and Chaos Rising, otherwise correct (good thing you didnt list Soulstorm).
    I must've missed soulstorm because aparently i didn't buy it... I guess it was because it wasn't on sale or whatever. What's wrong with Soulstorm btw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I must've missed soulstorm because aparently i didn't buy it... I guess it was because it wasn't on sale or whatever. What's wrong with Soulstorm btw?
    dunno, I found Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar pretty fun and aethetically pleasing

The staggering amount of narm.

Deleted
    Soulstorm has a whole set of issues, bugs (though a lot were fixed, caused for a really shaky launch), gameplay and silly campaign. It's not specifically worth getting it separately unless you desperately want two new factions. It is in all respects a worse version of Dark Crusade though but the new factions are fun to toy around with. In Dark Crusade you'll already have Orks, Eldar, Space Marines, Chaos, Tau and Necrons though. But yes, the order you have now is chronologically correct.

If you specifically want to know what is canon and just want to go through it for a lore canon story:
    Winter Assault -> Eldar
    Dark Crusade -> Space Marines
    Soulstorm -> Imperial Guard
    Last edited by mmocdf265024f7; 2012-07-03 at 01:27 PM.

I'd recommend avoiding DoW2 entirely. It's a very, very bad game and certainly shouldn't be considered anything to do with DoW1. Squad Command was more fun, although that is on the PSP/DS.

Hell, the turn based Epic 40k game on the PC, Final Liberation, was better.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    See, I really enjoyed Soulstorm as a game, Sisters of Battle are by far some of the most fun units to use and the Dark Eldar race is by far one of the most scariest challenges I've played on insane. Some of the most fun I've had playing RTS games have been playing DoW and the expansions, and I've never encountered any of the bugs =0

I tend to agree with some of the thoughts on here, DoW2 was different, I too picked it up on steam, my account name is Kantisa, if you want we can play some DoW2 together, its different, but fun. It reminds me a lot of D3 and LoL.
    Konviction - Execute - Smolderthorn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I'd recommend avoiding DoW2 entirely. It's a very, very bad game and certainly shouldn't be considered anything to do with DoW1.
    I've got to disagree there. Playing DoW2 made the space marines feel way more epic and felt more accurate lorewise as you play as an elite force which is how the space marines wage war, not in the vast numbers you could field in DoW1 as they'd very rarely deploy in numbers like that. Also if you've played Retribution you'll see it's very much a finish for Gabriel Angelos and the blood ravens from the first dawn of war. The entire storyline through the DoW2 games is deffinatly linked to DoW1 and i thought it was a really nice addition and i enjoyed the plots.