Deleted

Red face professions new way for blizzard to make money

Hello and a good day to all of you!
    I am Yamila from Argent Dawn and I want to bring something to your attention;
    currently I have the following alts with professions:

Main: Yamila - skinning/leatherworking

Yamilaw - enchanting/engineering
    Yamilia - tailoring/inscription
    Yamilah - herbalism/alchemy
    Yamilasis - mining/jewel crafting

Ok now this is my idea:

Instead of destroying 2 professions completely,
    Implement an option to the world of warcraft for a reasonable amount of money, which makes u able to swap Yamilasis mining with Yamilah's alchemy for example.

Deleted
    Blizzard is already more interested in making money from its addon services or reselling us old content than actually creating new content.

This is a poor idea im because its the same old lets make it easier and easier. When you pick professions you make a choice. Some choices are better than others. If you read up beforehand and make the decusuion carefully then you woulnt need to swap. Making mistakes is part of learning by experience and ine reason to make better decisons. Not in favour of more solutions where you buy your way to success.

I'm not in favor of buying professions either.
    I would really like if they would give us a third prim. prof though.

Deleted
    i think it would have been nice if WoW from the beginning made a difference between crafting and farming professions ...

so that you can take 1 farming and 1 crafting ... but not 2 crafting professions or 2 farming professions ...
    i know that such a change will definetely NOT go live ever ... that's why i said "from the beginning".

adding a third profession won't do any good either ... twinking and leveling alts is pretty easy nowadays so you can have farm characters with little effort ...

another thing that i found pretty lame from the beginning was, that for Tailoring there was no farming profession as wasn't for enchanting ... but in all honesty i have absolutely no "good" idea as to how to solve that issue ...

what i want to say is simple that:
    getting professions by buying them is pretty bad for the player base ... been able to craft spectacular items without proper training seems - from a lore point of view - unnatural (... well, swaping faction or character race also is pretty unnatural, but what's done cannot be undone, sadly)

my ideas concerning crafting and professions:
    remove First Aid ...
    add Bandages to Tailoring ...
    remove cloth from monster drops ...
    add a farming profession for cloth (could be similar to skinning, just with humanoids or everything that wears clothes)
    change archeology so that it becomes a farming profession for enchanting ...
    and last but not least ... change archeology drastically ^^ so that it is more like herbalism or mining ... that there are artifacts all over the world that once you see the yellow dot on your minimap you can uncover them (if the skill'S high enough) and gather ancient magical resources from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i think it would have been nice if WoW from the beginning made a difference between crafting and farming professions ...

so that you can take 1 farming and 1 crafting ... but not 2 crafting professions or 2 farming professions ...
    i know that such a change will definetely NOT go live ever ... that's why i said "from the beginning".

adding a third profession won't do any good either ... twinking and leveling alts is pretty easy nowadays so you can have farm characters with little effort ...

another thing that i found pretty lame from the beginning was, that for Tailoring there was no farming profession as wasn't for enchanting ... but in all honesty i have absolutely no "good" idea as to how to solve that issue ...

what i want to say is simple that:
    getting professions by buying them is pretty bad for the player base ... been able to craft spectacular items without proper training seems - from a lore point of view - unnatural (... well, swaping faction or character race also is pretty unnatural, but what's done cannot be undone, sadly)

my ideas concerning crafting and professions:
    remove First Aid ...
    add Bandages to Tailoring ...
    remove cloth from monster drops ...
    add a farming profession for cloth (could be similar to skinning, just with humanoids or everything that wears clothes)
    change archeology so that it becomes a farming profession for enchanting ...
    and last but not least ... change archeology drastically ^^ so that it is more like herbalism or mining ... that there are artifacts all over the world that once you see the yellow dot on your minimap you can uncover them (if the skill'S high enough) and gather ancient magical resources from it.
    Good job making me want to quit this game. If I wanted to run around and pick flowers and skin things, I would have taken skinning and herbalism.

Considering I have enchanting and tailoring, you can take a guess at how much I actually want to do those things.

Also, archeology is fine as it is. It's the only gathering profession you don't have to "fight over" materials doing, since nodes are yours and yours alone. Pretty much the main thing that got me so excited about it in the first place. Take that away, and you just have yet another farming profession the majority faction controls on your server since they have the only thing that makes gathering profession relevant...more numbers.

OP's idea is okay, I suppose, but to be quite honest if you needed two professions on one character shouldn't you have made the decision to take those two professions in the first place? The drawback is it eliminates choice when it's not necessary. It's like tri-spec for professions.

I think my stance on tri-spec is noted enough for people to know why I said that.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    i can see the point in your arguments.

of course archeology - as it is today - is something completely different ... but when i was leveling arch with my main i hated it due to the fact you spent alot of time traveling ... while farming nodes you also travel, but the way is full of nodes (if you know where you're going) ... i hated the fact to travel across the continent just for 2-3 skill ups.

of course enchanting and tailoring require no "active" farming as i would call it since it comes automatically when doing dungeons and raids ... but as with every other profession you can buy the mats in the auction house if you don't feel like farming.

maybe it would be an idea worth pondering about if professions where account wide. in the end every character would be able to do every profession.
    ups and downs:
    + you could get rid of item improvements since everybody would be able to have all of them at once ... (e.g. more powerful jewels, special leather stuff for wrist and legs, special inscriptions for shoulder slot and ring enchantments)
    - farming would get pretty awkward ... what would you farm for if you could do anything you want ...
    - twinks would become a bit more unneccesary ...

maybe it would be a good idea to get rid of profession based improvements all together ... so you could do any profession you like whatever your race / class is ...
    i always hated to fact to having to max a profession because of the benefit you get ... alot of raid guilds i know don't let anyone participate if one or two of their professions weren't "best choice" ...